sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    When I am being tempted by cake or whatever I say to myself....*ok. What do you want more?? That pie:love::love: ce of cake or to be thin?* it makes me realize the consequences of my actions. And if I am exercising and want to quit, I say 5min more. Then if I feel the same way...quit.
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Freakin funny!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Climb The Mountain

I tried to climb the mountain today. As I inched my way up the path, I felt out of breath and had to turn back.
    I tried to climb the mountain today. But, It was so hot outside, I thought I had better stay in my nice air-conditioned house and rest up for tomorrow's attempt.

I tried to climb the mountain today. On my journey, darkness started to fall and I was full of fear, so I had to return to a safe place.

I was ready to climb the mountain today. But I had so may other things to do, so instead of climbing the mountain I took care of the much more important tasks; I washed my car, mowed the grass and watched the big game. Today the mountain will have to wait.

I was going to climb the mountain today. But as I stared at the mountain in all it's majestic beauty, I knew I had no chance of making it to the top, so I figured why even begin trying.

I had forgotten about climbing the mountain today, until an old friend came by and asked what I was up to lately. I told him about all my plans to climb that mountain someday. I went on and on about how I was going to accomplish the task.
    He stopped me and said, "I just got back from climbing that mountain. for the longest time I told myself I was going to try to climb it but never made any progress."

"I almost let the dream of making it to the top die. I came up with every excuse of why I could not make it up the mountain, but never once did I give myself a reason why I could. One day as I stared at the mountain and pondered, I realized that if I didn't make an attempt at this dream all my dreams would eventually die."

" The next morning, I started my climb. It was not easy, and at times I wanted to quit. But no matter what I faced, I placed one foot in front of the other, keeping a steady pace. When the wind tried to blow me over the edge, I kept walking. When the voices inside my head screamed, stop! I focused on my goal, never letting it out of sight. I kept moving forward. I could not quit because I knew I had come too far to stop now. Time and time again, I reassured myself that I was going to finish this journey. I struggled mightily to make it to the top, but I CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN."

"I have to be going," my friend said. "Tomorrow is a new day to accomplish more dreams. By the way what are you going to do tomorrow?"

I looked at him, with intensity and confidence in my eyes, and said, "I HAVE A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB."Author unknown
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Today this helped me....

Remember why we are doing this..over and over again ..when you have a why you can tolerate any how and any amount of punishment or any amount pain because it's worth it and You are worth it!!--Jillian Michaels---
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Small choices = big impact
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Past (Let go of)

* “The past is history. The future, a mystery. The here and now is a gift. That is why it’s called the present.” ~Unknown

* “Let go of what’s gone.” ~Jules

* “None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell

* “Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” ~Henry David Thoreau

* “Never limit your view of life by any past experience.” ~Ernest Holmes

* “The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” ~Leslie Poles Hartley

* “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ~Thomas S. Monson

* “It’s never too late – in fiction or in life – to revise.” ~Nancy Thayer

* “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ~Denis Waitley

* “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” ~Robert Frost

* “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown

* “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” ~Vince Lombardi

* “Twenty years from now, you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do, than the ones you did.” ~Mark Twain

* “The future is always beginning now.” ~Mark Strand

* “Fears over tomorrow and regrets over yesterday are twin thieves that rob us of the moment.” ~Anonymous

* “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” ~Jan Glidewell

* “You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.” ~Charles Kettering
  • lcteaches
    lcteaches Posts: 13
    Options
    If you are tired of starting over, STOP giving up!!!

For me that helps me stay on track and gets me out of the temporary "diet" mindset...
  • jazzguy4him
    jazzguy4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BOOTS TO *kitten*.
  • lrbohn
    lrbohn Posts: 11
    Options
    I always go with "why not me?" as in, why cant I be the one with his shirt off at the cabin or at the beach and be comfortable. Always been a t-shirt swimmer. Not this summer!

When I'm exercising I always say to myself "is this really going to kill me if I finish this mile or two?"
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    "Do your best and (what?)...forget the rest."

-Tony Horton
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

And another motivatior is "I do this to outrun all the people who called me fat." including myself.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "Do today what others will not, so you can do tomorrow what other can not"

this is a fav of mine!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "how many 500 pound elderly people have you met?" a dr asked me this a few years ago and instead of it inspiring me it pissed me off and i stopped seeing him. but he was right
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I try to be kind and stick with "My body is strong, giving, and capable." If I get whiny during a long run, though, I throw in a few "You're 32, this *kitten* ain't getting any easier to do. Run the best mile you can right now so that you can run the best mile you can at 64."

LOVE this!!!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    a year from now you will wish you had started today:smile:
    think about why you started:sick:
    you can feel sore or ypu can feel sorry.you choose:embarassed:
    JUST DO IT!

These are some of my favorites too!
  • cass0702
    cass0702 Posts: 3
    Options
    Mine is "In a years time, you'll wish you had started today.' I have started so many times and given up throughout the years that if i had just done it properly once I would have been able to enjoy much more time at my goal weight. I am determined to see it through this time using this as my inspiration. After all, a years not that long and time is passing anyways so you might as well stick with it and thank yourself later.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - love these!
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    A journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step x
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Working out it's usually something like "Just a little bit further, you can do it" kind of generic I guess.

Another one and yes it sounds mean kind of but when I see someone that is about my former heaviest size, I just say to myself "absolutely never again" ... 1. Because I know how it felt to look that way and 2. I know how it felt physically at that size, moral of the story, I was unhappy that size and unhealthy too. It's not about being mean or judgmental just that i have been there and no I do not want to go there "ever again".

Yep...that's mine, too! It helps to tell myself...you did 30 mins yesterday...you can do it again! Then when I hit yesterday's mark I tell myself...you can do just 5 more!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    My husband has one... *cough* "nut up or shut up". Works for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!