Replies

• Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nothing changes if nothing changes.
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If I am burning super bad and have to stop for a second, It's "Rest don't Rust". If I have no motivation to work out, I think of how badly I want that effing scale to move!!!
  • Debo1962
    Debo1962 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like this, can I steal it? I have a difficult time believing that all the hard work (exercise) makes a difference because it takes a minute for me to see the weight loss. This is encouraging.
  • laurieh92
    laurieh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    THANKS so much for this thread, everyone! My favorite, for myself, is to try to laugh at my reasons for saying I "can't" (really?!) and then list OUT LOUD the reasons I CAN.

This also reminds be to be grateful for basically good health and the blessing of a capable body, which so many people do not have.
  • poorvifat
    poorvifat Posts: 21
    Options
    a year from now you will wish you had started today:smile:
    think about why you started:sick:
    you can feel sore or ypu can feel sorry.you choose:embarassed:
    JUST DO IT!
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself over and over when I am hurting everywhere and I want to quit, "I feel good". After awhile I start to believe it and the pain goes away.

Another favorite is "I can do anything for ___ seconds/minutes" Because I know I can, I just don't always want to.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    A quote scribbled on my high-school's weight-lifting room wall:

"Pain is weakness leaving your body."

A line in a movie that made me laugh:

"What is PAIN?!
    FRENCH BREAD!"
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

That one works when what I want is candy or to stay in bed and not get up and work out. It also helps with homework and such.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    EYE ON THE PRIZE!
    [KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!]
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "fight for it" - jillian says it on 30ds and it stuck .
  • ann0416
    ann0416 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do or DIE !!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    backboobs -- long story but here goes
    My husband mentioned that I was losing a lot of weight in my tummy area and I said "yep that boob with no nipple is gone so you'll only have 2 to play with now" His comment was.. "oh no, you have two on your back I can still play with."

so Backboobs is my new killer workout mantra. I am now losing my backboobs.

Oh my response to my wonderful husband. "It doesn't matter how many boobs I have now, they're off limits to you! All of them"

Life is great!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My motto in the gym is "Go hard or go home". It gets me to focus on why im really there and to give it all i got.

I use this too, but I can't help but sing it. ;-)
  • mamaw322
    mamaw322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "you will never be able to lose weight at your age!" this was said to me by my Mother-in-law! Talk about motivation!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    IM GETTING MARRIED MAY 18TH! IM GETTING MARRIED MAY 18TH!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    "I'm an athlete" -Its a way for me to keep confidence at the gym. Its not about just losing weight for me, I want to be fit and impressive.

"Skipping a workout is not worth letting myself down".

"Bring it at the gym, get the most out of your time there".

I also listen to a lot of hard hitting type music. Fast paced, egotistical type stuff...LOL It really changes my attitude and makes me work harder :)
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    During my workouts, when my trainer is pushing hard - I curse loud and clear: "This *kitten* ain't nothing - I can do this!" and "motherf*cker". He really appreciates my salty language and it never fails to make us laugh (especially since it's coming from a 40-something suburban mom!)

11894292.png
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Failing to plan is planning to fail.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!