Replies

• tawnysmom
    tawnysmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mine is WHATEVER IT TAKES. I use this for so many things in life...but it works!

my workout playlist includes a bunch of ball bustin' women and country music!!!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    "I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done"

"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up" and

"You’re smart and you know what real food is, so stop eating crap”
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1. If you're tired of starting over, STOP QUITTING.

2. Your excuse is invalid.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think I do better with kind of mean stuff.

You're not a wuss.
    You never quit.
    and the mild, come on , you can do this for x more times.

I think the thing that keeps me going are two images. The first one is a lady I used to visit in the nursing home who was a double amputee. She was diabetic and a smoker. This is what I thought of to quit smoking and this is what keeps me eating right and taking care of myself. I don't want to be a burden to my family, I don't want things cut off, I don't want to live my last 10 or more years with diabetic rot. I was diagnosed at 34. I have a lot of years to rot.

My second thought which really isn't based in reality is that my hubs is 7 years younger than me and there are all sorts of younger women out there. Now I know he loves me and wouldn't leave me because of my weight but I really want to look better than those women who are 10 years younger than me.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "I will NOT allow food to rule my life!" Whenever I start thinking about food, I think of that and it seems to help. I am much less focused on food these days and more focused on getting home to do my 30DS before it gets too late.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My favorite is " YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT"

Agree. its not about liking it. its about doing it.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    "You should probably do something to deserve that shower..." and "You arent a dog dont reward yourself with food"
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "You can endure just about anything for ten minutes." Then when ten minutes goes by I say it again and so on. Pretty soon, I'm done.
  • NickIandolo
    NickIandolo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mine is simply is: "Do you want to be old, fat, crippled, and dead?"

That usually does it for me.
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My motto in the gym is "Go hard or go home". It gets me to focus on why im really there and to give it all i got.

That's mine too! And I listen to the song T.H.E. when working out! I LOVE Will.I.am
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I have a few pictures posed next to some workouts on the wall in my "exercise room / office" .

"Strength does not come from physical capacity but from indomitable will."
    "Yesterday you said tomorrow"
    You can feel SORE tomorrow or you can feel SORRY tomorrow. Your decision."
    "No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everyone on the couch"

Most of my problems are actually getting myself to exercise, I don't have too much of a problem with food because I generally don't buy bad foods.I only have problems with will power if its something already purchased and in my house. I always think "Are you going to pay money to regret something?" . As I am a poor student this generally works for me.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    " however slow u are going you are still lapping those sitting on the couch"

"it's a marathon not a Sprint"

Both these help me focus on my goal when I feel I'm not getting anywhere with my exercise
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Do you have one?

Yesterday someone posted a phrase they use (keep in their heads) to help them focus and/or conquer cravings or whatever...

Nothing tastes as good as slim feels (or something terrific like that)

Mine is, when I'm exercising and really wanting to quit, because I'm sweating or it's just plain hard is:

Ha! My fat is crying. CRY FAT:cry: ...CRY:cry:

How about you?

I haven't read the whole thread but I just had to say, I LOVE THIS! I printed out a dozen copies (in huge red letters) and taped them up all over my house. Can't wait to get back on the treadmill and when I start to struggle, just yell, "Cry, fat, CRY!!!!"
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    "you're young, strong and healthy"

I know people who have fybromyalgia/RA (a bit older than me) and chronic back pain (a month older) and somehow feel I owe it to them to make the most of my body which doesn't have the same limitations.
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Here's another one I love;

eb5791ec-1.jpg

Haha! Love it!
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Unless you puke faint or die keep going :)

One of my all time FAVORITES! When I'm about as tired as I can possibly get while "getting my sweat on", I repeat this quote in my head over and over!!!
  • "You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are." --Joyce Meyer
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    "You KNOW you prefer being lighter"

Works for me :wink:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing c25k and increasing my time I always tell myself 'dont let your head quit before your legs"...it's my tendency to talk myself out of doing things, so it helps :)

That, and I'll write my daily workout(s) on a whiteboard above my bed and add in any inspirational quotes I find online or on pinterest
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!