NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    When I am running, I just keep saying "I got this."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOVE this!!!!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I'm running and I'm so exhausted and still have a mile left, I say to myself, "Anyone can do anything for a mile!" That helps me relax and just focus on my goal.
  • kwilso34
    kwilso34 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "You have a pretty face". That's what you tell someone when they are fat & that's the only good thing going for them. This is what woke me up.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    "No excuses, excuses are for the weak minded. You are NOT weak minded!"
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "A year from now you will have wished you started today!"

This phrase has a huge impact on me.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Even if you suck.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Even if you suck.

:drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When someone calls me "big guy". It seems like only non-overweight people say that.
  • sharnellgreer
    Options
    DON'T WAIT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE BUT WEIGHT
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I'm working out, hurting and want to quit I say to myself, "step it up, you tubby b$tch". Although not the nicest thing to say but it makes me push through. (No disrespect to the ladies on the board intended).
  • katesmithy
    Options
    Mine is something I heard multiple times from my fitness instructor cousin when I was growing up and never believed. Every time I went to grab some crisps or sweets (even though I was tiny until the age of 18) he would say..

"Little pickers wear bigger knickers!"

Guess what? I ignored him for 6 years and then suddenly realised when my size 8 figure turned in to a size 12 that he was right! lol
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    "Compete with yourself. There is no reason to be jealous of anyone else. I say we congratulate and motivate, rather than hate." Bry Allen
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for!!!!

oh, I like that one! That and "no excuses, just do it." work for me!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You can do anything for 60 seconds. Keep pushing yourself at each minute if you feel like quitting.
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    My mantra has been "Change your mind!" When I want to stop running: "No, don't stop. Just change your f**ing mind." When I want to eat like crap: "No, I'm going to change my mind and pick something more healthful." When I start beating myself up about not making progress fast enough or for any other reason, "No, don't feel like crap. Change your mind and be proud of yourself."
    Sounds silly, but it's really worked for me. This whole process is me changing my mind about what I'm capable of in all areas of my life.

The other thing is taken from Bob Harper. I recently read an article where he said he follows the "F*@$ that" method. ;) See a piece of chocolate cake you just have to eat? "F that chocolate cake. It's a piece of food, I'm not going to let that beat me." Or when on the treadmill and about to die: "F this treadmill. I'm going to own this machine. It's just a machine, eff it." You do have to be careful not to say these things outloud at the gym, but it has totally helped on some tough workouts. haha.
  • ladybug8814
    ladybug8814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a couple.....My favorite because it is light and bubbley.....Just keep swimming....just keep swimming.

Second....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My doctor had given me the.....Nothing taste better than the feeling of being thin. And that is in my journal on the front page.
  • cully411
    cully411 Posts: 3
    Options
    Motivation can be tough, but if you give in and give up - you are only letting yourself down. Just recall the benefits of being fit and fight for it. Improve your determination by setting realistic goals (1lb a week), and only weigh yourself once a week!

Exercise changes your whole outlook in life and doing it encourages you to better yourself, both physically and mentally - not to mention the release endorphin which improves your happiness drastically.

For me, doing 30 minutes cardio (bike, ski machine or treadmill) and taking a "1 minute breather" at 15 minutes works well. Then do weights to tone up your muscles.

Anyways, good luck folks! The Koala knows best.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    mine is "There will always be cupcakes."

I have to remind myself that I don't have to eat all the things that come my way, it's ok to miss out on something someone brings to work or girl scout cookie month or easter peeps season or whatever. It will always come around again and I can have some within my calorie limit or whatever. I don't have to eat them right now, there will always be more.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine is "I don't want to be like that!" My mother is overweight and has been sedentary all her life. She has had a number of strokes and pretty much spends her days in her room living vicariously through the TV. Everything I see her doing, or not doing because of her unhealthy living makes me want to do everything to prevent myself from being like that!

Me too! Only my mom has congestive heart failure and diabetes. I'm desperate to not end up on that couch. I don't even have a phrase I tell myself about it, just picturing it is enough to make me put down the fork and walk away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!