i choose to be slim!!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "If you don't start today, one year from now you'll wish you had!"
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I dont' know if anyone has said this but a quote I use to NOT grab that snack I want is "What you eat in private, you wear in public!".
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I think to myself when there are bad food choices around: Fat processed food is poison. Dramatic, yes. But if I eat it I have the worst explosion of acne ever, Sorry if TMI, but the threat of excessive pimples seems to appeal to my sense of vanity more than chubby does. I actually have uncharacteristic breakouts to thank for my decision to start MFP. So far so good.

To work out, I need a little bit more self motivation.

I think:
    You stop when you are done, not when you are tired.
    Sore or sorry?

I also look at my elliptical and if I start thinking about skipping, I picture fat me throwing hundreds of dollars into a garbage can...that image has been helpful.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I set goals for myself, physical challenges, so the focus isn't about the food, it's about what I'm fueling for.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    stop being such a fatass. Thats what I say to myself.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    Some Ex Military may recognise this, and although I was military, I was not one of those elite from which this springs. The quote is:

The only easy day is yesterday.

Thank you for sharing. This is very inspring to me!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I set goals for myself, physical challenges, so the focus isn't about the food, it's about what I'm fueling for.

I like this. I have been covering up the clock on my elliptical so that I focus on the rpm and distance. I have also tried recently to branch out and try new things like pilates- which I thought I hated until yesterday.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    "Don't regret tomorrow what you didn't do today"

"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up"

and my favorite......
    "No one is standing in your way but YOU!"

:flowerforyou:
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    stay out of my own way!
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump - Good reading!
  • 64GT
    64GT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There are two days of the week in which absolutely nothing can be accomplished: Yesterday and tomorrow.

This is not a dress rehearsal - this is real life.

Do the next right thing.
  • I set goals for myself, physical challenges, so the focus isn't about the food, it's about what I'm fueling for.

I like this one. Because it is so true. I try to think about what is going to make feel good all day and not give me a headache or a stomach ache, and what will get me through those super tough workouts.
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    Mine is my profile title - 'Even your worst run/workout is better than someone who hasn't tried' - it helps me get out to workout and it also motivates me to keep going even if I've had a 'bad' run or didn't last through the workout as well as I wanted or for as long as I wanted.
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    "Don't regret tomorrow what you didn't do today"

"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up"

and my favorite......
    "No one is standing in your way but YOU!"

:flowerforyou:

Wow I like the second one!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    "If you don't start today, one year from now you'll wish you had!"

I love this! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh apparently you dont want want to be sexy, cause if you did, we wouldnt be having this conversation in our heads, now, would we?
  • BetrayedBeauty
    Options
    All very motivational, thank you guys and gals :D

Mine would have to be : Did you ever hear someone say "I really regret that workout."? No one. Ever.
  • 64GT
    64GT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every drive-thru is serving pink slime on a processed bleached slab of carbs and drizzled in corn syrup artificially flavored with stuff you can't pronounce.

Mmmmm good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!