sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• Rosi3
    Rosi3 Posts: 28
    Options
    ''Eat in moderation, Exercise in moderation, everything in moderation."
    "No matter what you may be going through in life, Always stay strong. Don't let other people bring you down. Believe in yourself.''
    "' Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.''
    "' Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving out. Keep going.''
    ''You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.'' &
    "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.'' :wink: :happy:
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    "You've given birth to 3 babies. YOU CAN DO THIS!"

"I can do hard things." I have to tell my kids that all the time.

Other times when I want to quit halfway through the workout, I'll just repeat my next mini goal number over and over. Works well.
  • Mershon88
    Mershon88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

One tubby tubby.... two tubby tubby... (love that movie.. so this one stuck with me LOL)

If it doesn't kill me... it WILL make me stronger.

squats.....my *kitten* will thank me later.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw

"You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them"
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't ever get easier, you just get better"
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Eat to live, not live to eat!"
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Whenever I lose a pound I also think of what a block of Velveeta cheese looks like. "I've lost 26 blocks of Velveeta! Sure glad I'm not toting them around anymore!" (I do realize that one is kinda weird lol)

I do that too, but now with velveeta. I picture bags of flour or canned goods...lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Whenever I lose a pound I also think of what a block of Velveeta cheese looks like. "I've lost 26 blocks of Velveeta! Sure glad I'm not toting them around anymore!" (I do realize that one is kinda weird lol)

I do that too, but now with velveeta. I picture bags of flour or canned goods...lol

Holy Crap I never thought of it that way. I was thinking I want a picture with 80+ blocks of velveeta but Ill bet they wont even have that many stocked....
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "If you would have worked out when your first thought about it. . . . you'd be done by now!" . . . . That gets me out of bed somedays :happy:
  • katinthebox
    Options
    My workout mantra is "I AM AN ATHELETE!" My workout song when things get tough.."Shake It Out" by Florence and the Machine.
  • mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Don't live to eat, eat to live." It helps when I have late night cravings, and keep me focused on my goals. Reminding me that food is not there becuase I am bored, but to give me nutrients that I need.

It also helps me when I work out to keep a "you gotta give something to get something", I like that and it's true.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You can do anything for a minute.

Oh! And "Don't trade what you want the most for what you want right now"
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

Ayn Rand -- I LOVE this quote and had completely forgotten about it. Thank you for posting it and reminding me!
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I always try to ask myself what I want more -- that piece of cake, pizza, chicken wing, whatever, or the body I'm working towards.
    Sometimes the cake wins, but not usually. :)

This works with working out too -- do I want to sit around and be lazy more than I want to lose the weight? That works almost ALL the time!
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A guy friend shared this one: when you're feeling hungry, say to yourself, "This is what losing weight feels like." I'm not saying you should go hungry, but I've found this helpful when I am wanting an unhealthy snack, when I know I will be having a healthy meal in a half hour. In other words, just to hold out a little longer or until a healthier option is available.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    my play list includes songs like kelly clarkson "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" exercise is katy perry's "part of me"
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Unless you puke faint or die keep going :)
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My favorite is " YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT"
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    " What doesnt kill me will make me stronger" I do play the Kayne West Song alot when running
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!