• NikkiCarr1
    NikkiCarr1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great quote!!!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have 2!

Tell your mind to move out of your body's way.

I will see less of me tomorrow.

I say these to myself all the time.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My motto in the gym is "Go hard or go home". It gets me to focus on why im really there and to give it all i got.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I try to be kind and stick with "My body is strong, giving, and capable." If I get whiny during a long run, though, I throw in a few "You're 32, this *kitten* ain't getting any easier to do. Run the best mile you can right now so that you can run the best mile you can at 64."
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's not about how far you have to go rather how far you've come!
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Food related: Cheat day is Saturday. No treats until Saturday.

Exercise related: You can do this. All you have to do is finish. No giving up.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I'm too young to look this old. Nothing gets me going like a little vanity. :smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Will power is a muscle, the more you flex it, the stronger it gets.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reason why I CAN!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!

My son told me this one, and it is one that has always stuck with me as well.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A big phrase that helps me and I even got it tattooed after my first half marathon is....Dead last finish is greater than did not finish which greatly beats did not start.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's completely shallow, but when I'm tempted to fall off the wagon I tell myself "You cheated on great clothes with food and booze for years...JCrew and Banana Republic missed you and are so glad to have you back...don't break their hearts". Works like a charm, for me.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!

ROFL....love it! I just read a captioned photo last night that read....'After watching The Walking Dead, I realize I need to lose weight so I won't be eaten when the Zombie Apocalypse comes"
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Some Ex Military may recognise this, and although I was military, I was not one of those elite from which this springs. The quote is:

The only easy day is yesterday.
  • Sityak
    Sityak Posts: 2
    Options
    "Does your urges control you or you control your urges?"
    "Who is in charge? I AM!"
    these sort of thoughts help me on the way.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    JUST PUSH PLAY!!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Focus, I tell myself..

And nothing feels as good as being fit!

I also think with each move or lift of the weights, is more food;-)
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Even the word "impossible" has "I'm possible."
  • sblack91
    sblack91 Posts: 27
    Options
    Not sure how well this fits in, but this is something I once heard Will Smith say during a kid's awards show, I think it's really inspirational - especially the first part:

“The keys to life are running and reading. When you're running, there's a little person that talks to you and says, "I'm tired. My lung's about to pop. I'm so hurt. There's no way I can possibly continue." You want to quit. If you learn how to defeat that person when you're running, you will how to not quit when things get hard in your life. For reading: there have been billions of people that have lived before all of us. There's no new problem you could have--with your parents, with school, with a bully. There's no new problem that someone hasn't already had and written about it in a book.”
  • freeindeed33
    Options
    I DO, because I CAN, and I thank GOD who makes me ABLE! haha this one came to me during a set of power jacks today! Oy! That was hard, but fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!