Healthy fast breakfast Idea's???

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I am one of those people that work in an office and once I get to work dont have much time to cook a nice breakfast.

So....I am looking for Idea's on quick breakfast idea's with protein and not full of sugar kind of things. I used to start with those "packaged Quacker Oatmeal" but then learned its not good for you. I did start to eat two slices of twelve grain bread with lightly buttered. I am just getting bored of the same old stuff,

Cheers Guys!

Replies

• BreezeFitPal
    BreezeFitPal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat farina/cream of wheat. You have to cook it on the stove, but it only takes five minutes and stays hot a lot longer than oatmeal. If I want a cold breakfast I eat puffed kamut (50 calories/cup) with almond milk.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You could make yourself a bowl of quick oats. It only takes 90 seconds. What about a container of greek yogurt and some nuts? Hard boiled eggs? Do you have time to make a smoothie or protein shake in the morning? If so, you can take it with you and drink it on the way to work. Those are my 2 cents!
  • banffkid
    banffkid Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank you! Those are great idea's! I do have whey protein but usually just drink it with water....not bad but better in a smoothie I am sure :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    pre-cook eggs..you can bake them in a cupcake/muffin pan or make a huge fritatta or hard boil them and take 2 to go

make whole grain muffins and grab one with a string cheese or egg

whole grain waffle spread w/ pb and grab a fruit

smoothie--put ingredients in blender and stick in fridge at night--whizz and go

pb/j sandwich

cup of yogurt, chopped fruit, nuts--in a cup and go

in a SUPER PINCH: larabar, luna bar, or kind bar and a string cheese
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Make an omlete ahead of time. Heat it up in microwave.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs with chili... that's my healthy breakfast almost everyday :P
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Somebody on here posted a recipe for banana pancakes which I have tried a few times and they really do keep you full, are tasty (if you like bananas that is!) and are high in protein. The recipe was as follows, makes 1 pancake:

1/2 a medium sized banana, well and truly mashed.
    2 large egg whites.
    Pinch of cinnamon.

Mix the above together very well, spritz a non stick pan with fry light, tip in the mix and cook for a couple of minutes each side. They can be difficult to flip.

To save time I make the mix before bed.

I have two for breakfast coming in under 200 calories in total and I don't even think about lunch until 13.00. I'm usually a 12 p.m. on the dot kind of gal.
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat a Zone bar every morning. Sometimes I look for more natural choices like Odwalla, etc., but they're so convenient and easy to log!
  • jens1285
    jens1285 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Carnation Instant Breakfast has become my breakfast go-to. I recomend any flavor except vanilla. I also sometimes do fruit or something else with it just to keep me fuller longer.
  • banffkid
    banffkid Posts: 59
    Options
    The Omlette is a good idea....I guess no more than 2 eggs???
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    Great suggestions, I might need to try a couple of these too :D
  • mthreefingers
    mthreefingers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    one hard boiled egg and some wheat toast, or my go to in rushes is a slimfast, has sugar and carbs but you can always adjust your lunch and dinner. Plus they make some pretty good flavors!
  • polz7
    polz7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wait, why are packaged instant oatmeal packs bad? That's one of my normal breakfasts and I thought they were healthy. Yes I know there's sugar in there, anything bad besides that?
  • mthreefingers
    mthreefingers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    remember egg whites are healthier and less calories
  • melbellkid
    Options
    I scramble 2 eggs the night before and sautee some spinach in a little olive oil with minced garlic, diced peppers, and green onions. I just toss it together in a container and throw it in the microwave and have it with ezekiel toast. Its good with just egg whites too.
  • josettenehmelman
    josettenehmelman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mission 6” yellow corn tortillas extra thin 40 cals
    1 egg scrambled 70 cals
    ¼ fat free milk 20 cals
    Sprinkle of low fat cheese 23 cals

I made 5 of these last night and wrapped them in foil for an easy grab every morning, the tortillas kind of fall apart, but they are still good, i just put them on a plate.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    pre-make an egg white and some turkey bacon or turkey sausage. then in the morning microwave it, toast a whole wheat english muffin slap it together n go
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I eat the instant oatmeal packs a couple times a week too! Maybe she's talking about the oatmeal to go bars? I hope not...I let my son eat those!
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I also work in an office and bring the pre-cooked turkey sausage links or patties to work often and heat them up in the microwave. Also eat cottage cheese and fruit. Or greek yogurt with berries and nuts. Hard boiled eggs. Egg salad on 1/2 of a sandwich round, or rolled up in a lettuce leaf like a torlilla. Healthy muffins made at home.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do strawberrys and cottage cheese! Mmmm or chaboni pineapple 2% greek yogurt!