Container of dry cereal and container of milk
    Greek yogurt
    Protein shake
    Natural peanut butt on whole wheat bread
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    remember egg whites are healthier and less calories

While this IS true, remember that egg whites are where a large portion of the sodium is at and the yolk is where the protein is at. If you are going to do egg whites atleast throw in one whole egg. You can do oatmeal plain or with fruit, you could also premake breakfast burritos so you can just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, this can involve a large number of items including, meats, cheese, potatoes, veggies, eggs of course :) Or do a reheat quiche :)
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can make a breakfast bake on Sunday with eggs, meat and veggies, and freeze portions for later

Kashi Go Lean Cereal with 1/2c berries or some banana and milk. High protein, but watch out for the carbs...

Greek yogurt with almonds or walnuts and/or fruit

Someone mentioned muffins, I make my egg bake in muffin tins sometimes, this way I know exactly what's in each one!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    belvita breakfast biscuits dipped in milk. so easy i can eat them and drive on the way to work/ school :D
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a Met-RX shake mixed with almond milk.

Also, I like to cook breakfast burritos and freeze them for quick meals. Toss 18 eggs in a bowl, whip them up with some peppers, turkey sausage, and hot sauce, scramble them. Wrap individual burritos in first a paper towel and then tin foil and throw them in the freezer.

To cook, remove the tin foil but not the paper towel. Microwave for 5 minutes.

This makes about 9 burritos for me, at about 450-550 calories each.
  • jkpass78
    jkpass78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do the Slim Fast shakes for breakfast on the go and have found that my morning cappuccino or french vanilla Slim Fast is so yummy when mixed into coffee! I usually drink my coffee black because creamer is so high calorie, but the slimfast is like guilt-free creamer, and so filling!!! Instead of choking down my slim fast and coffee separately, it's great to combo these.

Also, when waking up on the weekend and not feeling like Slim Fast, this is a good way to get it in without feeling the pain of Slim Fast on the weekend.

Good Luck everyone!
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cooked oatmeal keeps really well in the fridge for a few days. So you can make it in advance.
    Slow cooked also has a lot more fiber (and much less sugar) than the packets.
    Just put some in a bowl, top with raisins, cinnamon, slivered almonds, whatever (in moderation!) maybe some truvia or even honey, then into the microwave to heat it up.

Eggo multi-grain low fat waffle with a little NATURAL peanut butter on top.

Protein shake - I add 1t cinnamon, 2T Benefiber and 1T ground flaxseed to pump up the macronutrients. Add water and then ice and blend.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal packs aren't "bad" per se, they are just a bad choice compared to quick oats + fruit. There is unnecessary sugar.

I love plain greek yogurt blended with some frozen fruit, pretty darn quick.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2-3 scrambled eggs and a greek yogurt for breakfast. Sometimes I'll have some fruit with it if I'm hungry. My stove is very efficient so it literally only takes 2 minutes to cook the eggs. I want to start mixing in different types of vegetables because I need to eat more of those! :)
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    While this IS true, remember that egg whites are where a large portion of the sodium is at and the yolk is where the protein is at. If you are going to do egg whites atleast throw in one whole egg.

That simply is not true. Yes, there is more sodium in the whites, but the whites actually have 1g more protein than the yolks. Check your facts... No fat or cholesterol at all in the whites. Personally, I wouldn't sweat 55mg of natural sodium. But that's just me. We need sodium!
  • HerbT51
    HerbT51 Posts: 36
    Options
    Try making your onlette with Deb El Just Whites (dehydrated egg white). I use 2 whites & a whole egg. It is better than Egg Beaters (what a misnomer) and doesn't have all that sodium or yellow dye. The egg white powder takes about 15 minutes to properly rehydrate but can be prepared the night before or the omlette cook ahead & reheated.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I made this bad boy this morning before work! I drank it between 7am-9am (slow drinker, plus i was watching Mad Men.), and I don't get my lunch until 2:30pm and didn't get hungry!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html

I improvised by added a few berries and used fat free milk instead of almond and added a scoop of vanilla protein powder, but it was my first ever green monster and was simply delicious. I was so not prepared for it being as good as it was!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello. The oatmeal packages are processed, so I think that's why some people say it's bad, but those are mostly "clean" eaters who don't like to eat anything out of a box or can. But I believe that in moderation, eating processed foods is just fine. A calorie is a calorie.
  • JordieJ
    JordieJ Posts: 4
    Options
    i usually crunch granola in yogurt with a piece of fruit and a bottle of water! It usually fills me when i am on the go. But when i have time I make Oatmeal on the stove and add a tad bit of brown sugar and cinnamon and raisins. Its great, fast, and sticks with me ALL day! So, i hardly ever have to snack!
  • HeatherWestgate
    HeatherWestgate Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you have a microwave and you like oatmeal do what I do.
    Take 1/2 cup of rolled oats (not instant), 1 cup of either milk, water or non-dairy milk ( I usually use almond milk)
    Mix in whatever you like in your oats ( honey, raisins, cinnamon, etc...)
    Mix it all together in a tupperware container the night before. Let it sit in the fridge overnight.
    The next morning all you have to do is give it a minute or two in the microwave and you have oatmeal that is not processed and didn't take 1/2 an hour to cook.
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Options
    1/2 cup egg beaters scrambled then wrapped in flatout flatbread lite: 22 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 17 carbs with 9 of those being fiber.
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is one egg on an english muffin with a scoop of salsa on top. The salsa has way less calories than the cheese I'd usually put on a breakfast sandwich, and it tastes delicious!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    On a Sunday evening, I'll cook up a cup of shredded frozen hashbrowns in olive oil spray, throw in some onions, bell peppers, musthrooms, and sometimes even spinach, add. Once they're all cooked up, I'll add a 1 1/4 cups of Egg Beaters (salt/pepper to taste), and evenly divide up into 5 dishes... :smile: DE-LISH!!! Especially on Mission Extra Thin corn Tortillas.
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    McDonald's has two very tasty and healthy oatmeals. I get one almost every morning and have an EAS Advantage protein shake with it. best of luck.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    This morning I toasted a slice of bread, spread it with smooth peanut butter and topped with sliced banana.

Quick, filling and healthy! :)