• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    yay!!! way to go!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I feel so luved!!

For the newbies, yes I have some suggestions.

Dont eat 1200 calories for long periods of time. I think I screwed up my metabolism with 1200 cals for too long. I had to go for 2 months on maint cals and then slowly lower to around 1400 PLUS exercise cals.

You can and will stop your body from letter go of unwanted fat by NOT eating.

Cheers:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    You go Sexy Mama!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You go Sexy Mama!

Thanks for your help Steve. :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to stick my story in your reference guide:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I should have Cheryl write it, she's the writer, I could just like, dictate some stuff to her, then have her just copy and paste a bunch of my better posts (edited of course:tongue: ) and then put a bunch of "real life story's" in there and give people residual checks for it. LOL!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Dont eat 1200 calories for long periods of time. I think I screwed up my metabolism with 1200 cals for too long. I had to go for 2 months on maint cals and then slowly lower to around 1400 PLUS exercise cals.

I have a couple of questions about what you said here. First, how long were you eating 1200 calories? What made you think that it was the problem? How did you decide to change it? I'm asking b/c I'm trying to learn what will work the best for me. Right now, I'm eating just over 1200 calories plus any exercise calories that I gain. It's what the site recommends for me, and it still has me losing under 1.5 lbs per week. I do exercise more than what I entered into my goal, but I always log and eat those extra calories too. I would like to lose at least 1.5 lbs, so I don't want to change it up too much!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    sHa_yay.gif
    sHa_yay.gif

That is so wonderful!!

Me wubs you! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    sHa_yay.gif
    sHa_yay.gif

That is so wonderful!!

Me wubs you! :heart:

Me wubs you too, Mir Mir!!:smooched: :smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I have a couple of questions about what you said here. First, how long were you eating 1200 calories? What made you think that it was the problem? How did you decide to change it? I'm asking b/c I'm trying to learn what will work the best for me. Right now, I'm eating just over 1200 calories plus any exercise calories that I gain. It's what the site recommends for me, and it still has me losing under 1.5 lbs per week. I do exercise more than what I entered into my goal, but I always log and eat those extra calories too. I would like to lose at least 1.5 lbs, so I don't want to change it up too much!

I was on 1200 from the start. Like you I had about 40 pounds to lose. I now believe I would have been better off in the long run (long being the key word) to have eaten 1350-1400 + exercise. My body got to the point it didnt want to let go of any more fat. I conferred with a few experts here at mfp (imho) and decided I needed to up my cals.

Think about it. When I started I was laying on the couch once I was off work. No exercise, then eating high fat carry out for all 3 meals, if I even bothered with breakfast.

Now my body has a good deal of muscle, which needs fuel. I went from driving an old gep metro to racing a mustang (alright, that is a stretch-but maybe just the 3.0??:wink: )

My body needs food. Food is good.

If I were to do it over again, I would change it up more.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Jeannie!

So great hun! We love ya so darn much!

:flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Wow!! Good for you!!

I've been eating 1200 calories for so long. It'shard to get my head around the theory that i'll lose faster eating 1400 calories???????

yes and I've read the posts over and over. :noway:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh yeee-uhh! :happy:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I was on 1200 from the start. Like you I had about 40 pounds to lose. I now believe I would have been better off in the long run (long being the key word) to have eaten 1350-1400 + exercise. My body got to the point it didnt want to let go of any more fat. I conferred with a few experts here at mfp (imho) and decided I needed to up my cals.

Think about it. When I started I was laying on the couch once I was off work. No exercise, then eating high fat carry out for all 3 meals, if I even bothered with breakfast.

Now my body has a good deal of muscle, which needs fuel. I went from driving an old gep metro to racing a mustang (alright, that is a stretch-but maybe just the 3.0??:wink: )

My body needs food. Food is good.

If I were to do it over again, I would change it up more.

Thanks for the input! I'll definitely keep your advise in mind. I haven't lost weight in a couple of weeks, but I'm going to give it another week or so before I make any adjustments. I'm still trying to get the feel for what works best for my body. I feel like if I change too much at once, I won't really know what worked!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! you look wonderful! :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Yay Jeannie...congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congrats:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    mg, tiff, shutae and Ivy....thanks I really needed to love:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!