Ladies- How many hours of cardio and strength do you do dail

Options

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I look at my WEEKS more than my days when I'm assessing my exercise...

Zumba 1 hour 2-4 times a week
    Strength 30-45 minutes 1-3 times a week, depending on how much other stuff I've been doing

And by other stuff I mean adding in:
    Jillian Michaels videos
    Walks/jogs
    Hiking or Swimming... In summer, since I don't have access to a pool :(

I'd like to add that I should be /will be adding more strength, I just am way into Zumba right now so after I'm wiped from that I get lazy. Quite honestly :)
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days a week of strength training for about 30-45 minutes or so depending on what part I'm working that day... I also do 3-4 days of cardio, typically 25-30 minutes alternated between treadmill, jump rope, or elliptical.
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Hi there..so this is my routine...
    monday, 20 min pilates wen i wake up, 35 treadmill or ellipical
    tuesday, 20 min pilates, 25 treadmill, 20circuit training
    wednesday, 20 min pilates, 35 treadmill or elliptical, 20 strength training
    thursday, 20 m pilates, 25 treadmill or elliptical, 20 circuit training
    Friday, 20m pilates, 20 circuit training,
    saturday, 30-50 m pilates, 30 strength
    sunday off

Best of luck to all!!:flowerforyou:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I do 40 mins x 6 days of week of cardio (usually stationary bike), I walk 3 times a week 45-60 mins at a brisk pace and weights 3 times a week. I also do 30ds a couple times a week.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    During weight loss last year, I was doing 5-6 hours of elliptical or treadmill cardio per week and no strength. Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I do about 1.5-2 hours of cardio/strength (calisthenics) per week and about the same amount of yoga on alternating days. I intend to get into running again soon, so that will change. I like my routine these days.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I workout 4-6 days a week at 30 minutes each. I do Jillian's Michael's DVDs, which is a combination of strength training and cardio :) Maybe once a week I go on a 30 minute walk. I also do P90X Ab Ripper X a few times a week.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    two hours of Zumba a week
    one hour of Pilates
    1 hour of Strength training
    1 hour or more of the eliptical
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Strength 3x per week, 60-80min per session.
    Cardio 2x per week, 45-60min per session.
    Core 4x per week 20-40min per session (+ core in pole class 2x per week).
    Stretching 15-30min 5x per week (+ stretching in pole class and practice).
    Pole 90min class 2x per week + at least 2 additional hours of practice per week.

Writing this out, I'm starting to think I need a life.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like my current routine but I'm always interested in seeing what others do. My questions are 1) How many days a week do you do cardio and strength training. 2) How long are your cardio and strength sessions? 3) What's your go to strength and cardio exercise?

1) I do cardio every single day, but the intensity is always varied. On my hard cardio days, I'll go for a half hour-45 minute run. On my weight training days, it's an easy 15 minute jog for a warmup beforehand. On rest days, I always take my dogs for a good 2 hour long walk, or sometimes, I'll just do an easy 20 minute jog.

2) My strength sessions are usually about an hour long. I lift heavy weight, so I burn out pretty quickly, but I have a lot of different exercises that I like to do, each one targeting a different area. Back/shoulders, biceps/triceps, Legs/abs.

3) Strength-wise, I'm a sucker for the bench press and anything to do with triceps. I LOVE working my tri's and back. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And I'm finally at the point where I adore running. If I'm having a bad day, I'd sooner skip a strength workout and do a run than miss out on that. I have fun running now, which makes the time fly.
  • fitmemom
    fitmemom Posts: 22
    Options
    I love running, outdoors when I can. Between HIIT intervals, and steady 6.0 to 6.5 mph I try for at least 15 miles a week.
    I also love to weight train, but right now only get in maybe a total of 60 minuites a week. Unless you count my job. When my husband needs my help with his retaining wall business, that can be a day of lifting and moving 45 lb blocks around. I call that my extra credit!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym three days a week.

Day 1: 35 min of cardio
    Biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, and lower back (3 sets of 12 reps, varying weights)

Day 2: 35 min of cardio
    Triceps, biceps, glutes (3 sets of 12 reps, varying weights)

Day 3: 35 min of cardio
    Glutes, quads, hips (3 sets of 12 reps, varying weights)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    this is what my week looks like

lunch after work
    m spinning crossfit
    t zumba crossfit
    w crosfit bowling
    th zumba crossfit
    f crossfit
    s crossfit
    su rest

spinning and zumba are each 50 minutes are are relatively low intensity (i could say a few words at a time during the work out)
    crossfit is 40-60 minutes total consisting of a high intensity circut lifting portion that lasts no longer than 8-25 minutes. The rest of the crossfit work out is warm up, cool down, and strength of near max at few reps (4 sets of 4 at 80% of max for example)

I've had great success with this. My lunchtime work outs are mostly to just break up the day in an office chair.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Here's what my average week looks like:

Sunday: Heavy Strength day- 1- 1/2 hours of heavy strength training OR rest day
    Monday: Hot Yoga (90 minutes) OR Lower body strength day (1 hour)
    Tuesday: Short run day (HIIT for about 40-50 minutes), upper body strength training (30-40 minutes)
    Wednesday: Cardio Kickboxing with weighted gloves in PM (1 hour), lower body strength training in AM (1 hour)
    Thursday: Short run day (HIIT for about 40-50 minutes), upper body strength training (30-40 minutes)
    Friday: Rest day
    Saturday: Long run day (around 2 hours-- 10-12 miles)
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Five days a week I do:

30 mins of cardio. 25 mins of strength training.

I am going to up my cardio soon to 60 mins.

I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist since the start of Feb.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I run on the treadmill for 30 minutes 6 days a week and lift weighted balls when I'm at work just sitting around with nothing else to do. Not a ton, but it works for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    forgot to say that for strength training i do new rules of lifting for women
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Strength: 4x a week. Just under an hour each time.
    Cardio: None, apart from walking everywhere in daily activity.

Go to exercise: Squats are great. They work your whole body, and are massive calorie burners!
  • dmossett
    dmossett Posts: 24
    Options
    I do three days of cardio at an hour each time, which cnsist of me doing a workout video at home 2 days per week and one day is spent horseback riding. I also do and three days of strength training of about 40-45 minutes, and am currently doing the 5x5 Strong Lifts program. I also take my dog out for an hour walk at least three days a week, and try to squeeze in other general items, such as housework, walking to errangs such as the grocery store or other leisure activities that involve some type of physical activity.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Well.

I do C25K 3-4 times per week. <<< I'd recommend C25K
    I try and walk on the beach at least once.
    I also try and climb the biig hill near my house at least once.
    And I do hockey for 45mins on a Thursday :)

So that's 6-7 things, but sometimes I do two on one day and have a rest day in between. It's just how I can fit it into my timetable.
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    Pure cardio 5x a week about 45 mins to 1 hour, add an extra day if there is nice weather and the whole family goes bike riding for a couple of hourse.

Weight training 5x a week any where from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!