Ladies- How many hours of cardio and strength do you do dail

Options
1235»

Replies

• Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Training for a half marathon, so I'm currently running 13-15 miles per week, spread out over four days. By mid-May that will be more like 20-23 miles per week in the same pattern.

If I'm able to get to the gym, I do strength 2-3 times per week, in between the runs, NROLFW. I've just started that, though, and my focus is on the endurance training for my races coming up, so I'm not sticking perfectly to the book's program. I'm just doing what I can.

I'm also trying to get into the habit of 15-30 minutes of yoga every morning. EVERY morning.

It keeps me going...
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do ...

- cardio 7 days a week - a minimum of 40 mins a day up to 2 hours or so - made up of jogging/brisk walking, cycling & circuit training)
    - strength 2 days a week - 60 mins each - made up of strength exercises, pilates based strength and weights)

I never used to do anything, but now I feel awful and lacking in energy if I don't do something every day. Plus, my 40 mins minimum is because I run with my dog every day and he is not for letting me off that one!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    5 days of cardio 25 - 60 minute sessions (25 minutes of cardio on strength training days)
    3 days of strength average 30 minutes it takes me to do it. I do two of my strength days on 2 of my cardio days.
    I take one rest day a week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    A lot of my workouts are on the fly - whatever sounds good to me that day. Of course when it comes to strength training I stagger days so I don't overdo it but with cardio pretty much anything goes. The last 7 days have gone like this:

Wednesday: 15 minutes on Elliptical, 17 minute Kettlebell Kickbox workout from Self magazine, 8 minutes on bike (high intensity)

Thursday: 10 minutes on Elliptical, 22 minutes of Arms (woodchops, bicep curl, push-ups, lawnmowers) & Abs (crunchy frogs, bicycle forward and reverse, crunches, windshield wipers, standing oblique crunches)

Friday: 15 minutes on Elliptical, 15 minutes Legs (weighted squats, skaters, squat w/ vertical punch), 5 minutes on bike (high intensity)

Saturday: 35 minutes run outside

Sunday: rest

Monday: 20 minutes on bike, 20 minutes Arms & Abs

Tuesday (today): 35 minutes run outside, 5 minutes of abdcutor/adductor, calf raises, alternating raised pushdowns

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow - maybe that kickbox routine again
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I workout 6x a week. I am doing the c25k three times a week and on those days I also do about 15-20 mins of strength training and calisthenics. On the other days, I do cross training such as just walking, bicycling, arch trainer, or elliptical. Some days I have extra time and I can work out for an hour and a half or so but I always aim for at least 45 and it's probably more like 60 mins on average. I try to change it up. This week the weather is really nice so I am going to be riding my bike to the gym. As far as strength training goes, I am not too focused on that right now. I do it 3x a week about 15-20 mins and I usually do different machines each time. I just started doing push ups and they are starting to get a bit easier. Hope this helps!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    4-5 days a week cardio
    - usually run for 30-35 minutes, I shoot for at least 3 miles
    - one hour zumba class once per week
    - occasional workout DVDs at home, especially zumba or I'll drop in on a step aerobics class

1 day a week strength
    - about 1 hour. I lift with my hubby so we take turns sharing the machines. I just started doing strength about a month ago

My default nowadays is running because aside from zumba, it's the best calorie burn for me in the shortest time.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    1hr bootcamp classes twice week. (includes strength training and cardio).

30 min jogs during week-ends
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!