long term effects of paleo diet

Options
NOTE FROM STAFF:

Folks, the OP is absolutely within her rights to request that off-topic responses not be part of her thread. It IS OK to offer differing opinions on a topic, as long as it's done respectfully and without personal attack. We will never moderate against respectful posts that offer contrary opinions.

But off-topic responses, or responses intended to de-rail the topic of the thread, are considered thread hi-jacking and will result in warnings or strikes. If you don't have something relevant to add to the discussion, please don't clutter a thread with unnecessary responses.

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

so i have two questions:

1, has anyone here done and been sucessful with the paleo diet for a long period of time? (years and years)

2, has anyone tried paleo/primal, i mean REALLY tried it and not liked it?

thanks!

p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly

Replies

• whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been doing primal for a year (I eat limited dairy). I like it because my meals are satisfying, and its a sustainable lifestyle for me.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    There are members of my Facebook Paleo group that have been Paleo for 9 years or more...............

And I don't trust when people said they tried it and didn't work. Same as Atkins, most people don't work the plan right..............and lie and said they did just so they can complain and bad mouth about the plan they did not do correctly.

I have been strict Paleo for a little more than a year and have been playing around with Paleo and low carb for years.

Eating clean, whole and unprocessed foods is the only way for me to eat.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

1, has anyone here done and been sucessful with the paleo diet for a long period of time? (years and years)

thanks!

p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly
    1. no

2. no
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've already got your mind made up.
  • akm4108
    akm4108 Posts: 7
    Options
    Strict Paleo for 2 weeks + weight training and cardio, and i've lost 7 lbs.

Was initially on low carb, but once i dropped processed foods it really sped up the process.

20 lbs down since Janurary. From 202 - 182
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    1) No.
    2) No.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    1) No.
    2) No.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would fall under your second category. I was Primal for about 4-5 mos. sometime last year. I shed some fat, but ultimately I did not like it. It was not an eating plan I could stick with. I found myself obsessing about keeping my carbs so low that things like healthy eating took a backseat. I just focus on a good, balanced macro plan now, which is at about 40% carbs and 35% protein. I get to eat delish yams, brown rice, oatmeal, bananas. ...all of the things that I felt were hard to fit into Primal eating.

Having said all of that, I have some hardcore friends who live a completely Paleo lifestyle and love it. It works for them and they look amazing and have a true passion for it and stick with it.

My advice to anyone looking to try it is to do just that... try it! If it is something you don't like or your body doesn't agree with, stop doing it. As always with anything I suggest, I think it is very important for a person to do their own individual research. There is controversy over the Paleo/Primal way of eating and while some people say ketosis is completely unhealthy, you'll have just as many people defending this lifestyle as one of the healthiest. Read everything you can about it, seek expert opinions, and come to your own determination.

Good luck!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

1. NO
    2. NO
    3. I like cheese.

p.s.--Is #3 enough to get me reported, or should I try harder....?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

1. no

2. no

Ditto.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    what is it??
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    no

no

MFP makes the rules, you do not. All of the members are free to respond in any way that does not violate forum rules. In that spirit, I heartily encourage all those interested to do the research and determine for yourself, as I have, that eating in a highly regimented way does not lead to long term success, nor is there any need to eliminate entire food groups. :flowerforyou:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    1) NO
    2) NO

the sky is blue....REPORTED!!!!!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    no

no

MFP makes the rules, you do not. All of the members are free to respond in any way that does not violate forum rules. In that spirit, I heartily encourage all those interested to do the research and determine for yourself, as I have, that eating in a highly regimented way does not lead to long term success, nor is there any need to eliminate entire food groups. :flowerforyou:

Reported for having a brain.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

mashed potatoes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    no

no

Reported for having a brain.

Reported for not answering the question. (Hmmm... new banning game?)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

1. No

2. No

Though I do know people who have done it, lost weight, couldn't sustain eating like that and gained it all back plus more. Now go ahead and report me for telling you the truth you didn't want to hear.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    no

no

I :heart: You
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If the Paleolithic era people evolved, why wouldn't you? Eat normal people, report me and your'e taking away my freedom of speech, One love.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    8b04f_ORIG-internet_tough_guys.jpg
This discussion has been closed.