long term effects of paleo diet

Options

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    1, has anyone here done and been sucessful with the paleo diet for a long period of time? (years and years)

I have not. I have no desire to.
    2, has anyone tried paleo/primal, i mean REALLY tried it and not liked it?

I've tried atkins. Does that count? I couldn't get past the induction phase. I hated being in ketosis. I was MISERABLE. I think paleo has an induction phase too... with the goal of putting you into ketosis. The physiological effects will be the same for everyone- how they respond to those physiological effects will be different. Physiological might not be the right word.... hmm... well it does the same thing on a cellular level to everyone. But some experience nausea, weakness, brain-fog, etc... to a greater extent than others.
    p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly

I found this particular comment extraordinarily rude. You don't own the site. You aren't a moderator. And there's nothing wrong with good, healthy debate. I have learned a lot on this forum from some very intelligent folks who actually do their homework. You'd benefit from a more open approach- even if people say things you disagree with/don't like- you might actually learn something useful from them. If you read what they have to say, think about it, do your own research, and still disagree with them? Rather than report them, why don't you just say "I disagree", state your reasons, and go on with your life? Alternatively, you can just ignore them. That works wonders too.

The report button is for people who actually violate the rules of the site. It's not for people who violate your own personal rules or for people who disagree with you.
    thanks!

You're welcome. Good luck with your journey.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I also paint pictures on my wall of dinosaurs and can save you on car insurance.......you don't get more p paleo than that
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    p.s. if you start a debate on here or reply with anything besides what i asked i will report you immediatly

I found this particular comment extraordinarily rude. You don't own the site. You aren't a moderator. And there's nothing wrong with good, healthy debate. I have learned a lot on this forum from some very intelligent folks who actually do their homework. You'd benefit from a more open approach- even if people say things you disagree with/don't like- you might actually learn something useful from them. If you read what they have to say, think about it, do your own research, and still disagree with them? Rather than report them, why don't you just say "I disagree", state your reasons, and go on with your life? Alternatively, you can just ignore them. That works wonders too.

The report button is for people who actually violate the rules of the site. It's not for people who violate your own personal rules or for people who disagree with you.

clap..........................clap.........................clap.........................THANK YOU
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

wait im off topic.....but im not arguing :flowerforyou:

That was NOT a squirrel...it was a woodchuck!

ARGUING!!! She will report you !
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

1, has anyone here done and been sucessful with the paleo diet for a long period of time? (years and years)

thanks!

Is it success if it makes you gluten intolerant? I wouldn't do something that risked that, mostly because I am gluten intolerant and I know how difficult it can be to eat that way, and getting forced into because of an eating plan blows.

It doesn't happen to everyone, but years and years of it puts you at risk, so keep that in mind.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Are you serious? ROFL!!!

Remember. No one likes a rat.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

Tattle-tale!!! I am most certainly NOT arguing with anyone!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

You're both wrong. I saw it and it was a beaver.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

1. I was unsuccessful with the paleo diet over a long period of time because I did not try it. (for years and years)

2. I haven't tried paleo/primal, but I REALLY tried not to bother with it, and so I did not like it.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    from my previous experiences, any topic with the word "paleo" incites controversy and debate and trash talking and so on. i merely do not want my post hijacked by people with nothing to contribute to the topic. which it has, and hence the reporting shall begin. thanks for the answers to everyone who actually answered my questions!!! :-)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

I think you could have actually gotten some more informative responses if you hadn't included this bit. Instead you'll just get people responding to you setting "rules" and/or trolling.

There are lots of people out there who have been doing paleo for a long time. A search of the blogosphere would probably reveal many. Here's one example: http://everydaypaleo.com/2012/03/19/4-years-of-living-paleo
  • CountryBoy65
    Options
    SQUIRREL

No way. Beavers have a flat, paddle like tail. It may have been a badger, but definitely not a beaver.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If you are on the Paleo diet, do you have to hunt for your food too?
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    so i have two questions:

thanks!

1. NO
    2. NO
    3. I like cheese.

p.s.--Is #3 enough to get me reported, or should I try harder....?

Loving it. I love cheese too so do I get reported too. Some people are so touchy
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Lord forbid someone ask a question and want direct answers, without arguments and debates. But nope, someone has to come along and piss in their wheaties. Be sure to wipe when you're done. :wink:
    Because religious topics are against forum rules, I will assume you are a Star Wars fan and are referring to Lord Vader (he does get demanding, especially in ROTJ).
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I think that the p.s was meant as a piss take...Just to see how many would bite..:bigsmile:
  • CountryBoy65
    Options
    , and hence the reporting shall begin. !!! :-)

Getting scared now.

"Run Away......Run Away!"

Sir Robin ran away...bravely ran away, away.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

No way. Beavers have a flat, paddle like tail. It may have been a badger, but definitely not a beaver.
    I reject your premise.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    SQUIRREL

It was a chipmunk.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    from my previous experiences, any topic with the word "paleo" incites controversy and debate and trash talking and so on. i merely do not want my post hijacked by people with nothing to contribute to the topic. which it has, and hence the reporting shall begin. thanks for the answers to everyone who actually answered my questions!!! :-)

I'm sorry... did you actually get an answer?
This discussion has been closed.