skinny girl hatred? love?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
I guess there are hypocrisies and double standards in just about everything.

Lately, there have been a lot of "down with skinny!" attitudes here. If any self-described skinny girl shows the slight bit of, hrm, how do I put this? I want to say superiority, but that's not what I really mean. How about "advantage" over a larger girl (ie: in attractiveness) - everyone is all over her. "she's ugly on the inside!", "what a b1tch!", etc. But when a large girl shows her dominance over skinny girls, she's cheered on for loving her body and having empowerment. Why can't a skinny girl love her body and be glad she's skinny?

Okay - let's not get into the skinny vs healthy and all of that. Hairs can be split everywhere. Sake of argument people, sake of argument.

Isn't that what many people are here for? To get skinny or skinnier? Why are most of us clamoring to get to a place, but not admitting that we can't be outwardly hyped once we get there?

Maybe not everyone wants to be "skinny". I'll admit I sure the hell want to. I'm already "healthy", so that's not it with me - is it just for my vanity? Whatever it is, I can't wait to be there. And I'll want to flaunt the crap out of it. I worked for it, why not?

Let's talk about attractiveness. Personally, I think thinner == more attractive. Do I think someone larger can still be attractive? You are damn right! But take that same attractive person, decrease them 25lbs and guess what? I bet I'd find them more attractive. I don't even think this really falls into the shallow category either. Think of if your partner gained weight - you may still love that person and still find them attractive, but I'm betting you would rather have them lose the weight. Maybe you don't admit that out loud, but maybe you do. And if you want yourself to lose weight, I'm betting your partner does to. Doesn't mean they love you any less. But I think this is a more universal thought than just my own.

Bah. I don't know what I'm really rambling on about. I'm just getting a little tired of skinny-girl hatred I guess.

Replies

• DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    Skinny girls, skinny girls, skinny girls,
    I love em, I love em, I love em.
    Skinny girls!
    They're so compact.
    You can put 'em in your pocket,
    feed 'em a snack.
    Those skinny girls.

Take em' to a drive in (drive in, drive in, drive in).
    They can liven up the show (show show show)
    Nobody has to know.
    Now if they slow you down,
    you can pick 'em up off the ground
    when you're ready to go.

I... I love em' I love em' I love em'
    I love em' I love em' I love em'
    Those skinny girls.

Skinny girls!
    You can twirl 'em when you dance!
    You can toss 'em in the air when you make romance.
    Those skinny girls.

They make you feel gigantic.
    They go frantic over you.
    Nothing you have to do.
    When you want to be alone,
    just turn 'em to the side.
    They're easy to hide
    From you.

Those skinny girls.

Ah, skinny girls! They talk real high.
    They make you cry
    when they say goodbye.

Those skinny girls.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I :heart: skinny girls with big boobs...that is all I had to say on this subject.:tongue:
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    nothing wrong with being skinny or being bigger..no one should hate on the other for it though

different strokes for different folks:wink:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I :heart: skinny girls with big boobs...that is all I had to say on this subject.:tongue:

and so the hating begins... what about us (semi-) skinny girls with small boobs?!?!?! :laugh:
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I :heart: boobs.

edit: and skinny girls!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who would not be more attractive if they lost 25 pounds.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love girls who excel at the sammich making skills.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like all the girls.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I like girl fights.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I can't stay on topic because... those socks. :love:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't think any one type should hate on the other. It's counter-productive.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

and so the hating begins... what about us (semi-) skinny girls with small boobs?!?!?! :laugh:

You girls are cool too.. so long as you show me your boobs! :tongue:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    This came up a few days ago so I'll repeat what I said there:
    Why so much animosity on the boards? We're ALL beautiful.
    You know what...I'll bite. Because I disagree with this sentiment.

Truth is, most everyone in the world will probably be beautiful to someone. But this universality of "we're all equal and the same in our differences?" That's bogus. I don't mind everyone acknowledging who and what they are, but it's a gross misuse of the word "beautiful" if you just want to mean "different."

But everyone has a different perception of beauty. You can hide behind your computer with your provincial world view because the argument will never end anyway.
    -wtk
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Once the health aspect is removed from the argument (because health is paramount, or it should be... what good is skinny if you're dead?) it's purely about aesthetics.

Skinny is different than slender & muscular. Yes, it may be semantics and skinny is relative, yadda yadda yadda...

And yes there are fat fetishes and such...

Skinny is superior to fat, in more ways than one. Bottom line. It's more aesthetically appealing, and the majority of people would agree. And it's deemed more aesthetically appealing because it suggests health, virility and fertility to the human eye.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't hate on skinny girls. But I do get concerned if they are trying to subscribe to the same program that I am. After all, I am obese. I can burn calories like crazy and it will only be to my benefit. If you are skinny, then you can't burn calories like I do, and benefit.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Define "skinny"?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't want to ever be skinny again, but I got, respect and :heart: your message. :heart: it, :heart: you for writing it and :heart: all women who don't think they are better than everyone else or b!tchy. :laugh:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love girls who excel at the sammich making skills.

you should check out my tuna salad.. its finger licking good...
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

You girls are cool too.. so long as you show me your boobs! :tongue:

Oh, so we're good then! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

Truth is, most everyone in the world will probably be beautiful to someone.

yup. but i think the majority likes the skinny girl.

(to another poster - i wasn't taking healthy out of the argument - i was just universally including it and discounting it at the same time )

I was just speaking about this with someone else - there is a girl who is very large but likes VERY skinny, toned guys. But she doesn't want to better herself. So she can wait around for that small percentage of guy who fits her liking AND likes big girls. OR she can better herself and have a better chance. I'd personally go with the better chance.