_binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have big boobs and one day I'll be skinny.. :laugh:
    Friend request sent.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be a hated skinny girl!!! That's why I'm on this site...lol

You should want to be a liked skinny girl. ;)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't hate you because you're fat. You're fat because I hate you.

AND NONE FOR GRETCHEN WEINERS!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I want to be skinny.... er. There are some cute skirts that I want to rock while I still look like I'm in my 20's.. :wink:

I don't get it either... you have "big" girls one side tearing down the skinny girls and the skinny girls on the other doing the same exact thing... It's kind sad...
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I worked with a beautiful woman who was heavy that stated on FB recently that she was upset that Jennifer Hudson had "sold out" and lost weight. Yea- I'm sure that's why she did it.

I've been on both ends of this - and I've been thin for long enough now to have had more than one person tell me that I "don't understand what it's like to be fat".

Time to address the elephant among us : I believe that the majority of haters are jealous... period. Having the energy to hate someone for how they look comes deep from within...
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    im a skinny girl. i got this to get fatter. but im still a skinny girl. i must have looked awful 6months ago when i was a super skinny girl. but i think theres two ends of the spectrum anorexic and obeese. and they are both physically not what id assume to be attractive.

but neither curvy or skinnies shoulkd think they have something over the other!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I am going to say that this is shallow and mean, just because I want to start a fight.

i'm going to rip that cute little skirt off those legs.

I really think that this can only be solved with a wrestling match. *gets out the oil*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I love skinny girls. But not skinny fat girls. Or fat skinny girls. Jacked, real, healthy, athletic skinny girls. Which is why I am working hard to be one once again. Simple, really. (Also I'm straight, but you get what I mean).
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Truth is, most everyone in the world will probably be beautiful to someone.

yup. but i think the majority likes the skinny girl.

(to another poster - i wasn't taking healthy out of the argument - i was just universally including it and discounting it at the same time )

I was just speaking about this with someone else - there is a girl who is very large but likes VERY skinny, toned guys. But she doesn't want to better herself. So she can wait around for that small percentage of guy who fits her liking AND likes big girls. OR she can better herself and have a better chance. I'd personally go with the better chance.
    Firstly, I actually don't know many adults who like SKINNY girls. Slender, sure. Healthy and moderate weight, sure. But I know about as many guys who like "SKINNY" girls as who like obese girls, probably even less.

As far as that girl goes... OR she can wait around for a guy who loves *her*. After all, when you TRULY love somebody, looks are only a small part of the equation. Think about it, you can think somebody is a 3/10 but when you get to know them they slowly become a 7/10. No, their looks haven't changed, but your perception of them has because you know their personality too. Yes, your perception of their looks changes based on this.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I don't hate you because you're fat. You're fat because I hate you.

AND NONE FOR GRETCHEN WEINERS!

Favorite. Movie. Ever. So sad about LiLo's very public fall from grace. Now there's the kind of skinny I wouldn't want to be - crackhead skinny.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Having been "the fat girl" since junior high I can understand the hatred of the skinny girls but I can't say I've ever hated them myself. Envied, maybe but I never looked at a thin girl and thought she was probably ugly inside or was a slut or crawling with diseases.

To Western society, thin's pretty much always been in. Most of Europe is about the same, though I've known some Italians and even French people who like a little more "meat". Many societies throughout history have seen large, overweight women as attractive, the definition of beauty because it meant her family had the means to get her that big. In some places that mindset still exists, but for the most part we have, as a society, taken to thin women. The fact an "average" weight woman gets photoshopped to be thinner for magazine covers kind of explains it all. America wants their women tiny and their men rippling with muscles.

And to the subject of a large woman liking thin men: I knew a women just like that back when I was a member of a relationship forum. She was easily an alarming size (this coming from a 326lb person) but she would go absolutely apesh*t if her boyfriend was anything more than a twig. She also openly insulted others' boyfriends when they showed pictures, calling them pigs or fatties when the guys were an average weight for their heights and some even have muscles. But to her those were the fat ones and she wouldn't have a damn thing to do with them. The biggest irony was she would constantly start threads about big people dating small ones and try to justify her relationship (really that's all it was, she thought we were attacking her constantly) but God help you if you were a big woman with a man that weighed less than you.

Anyway, people hate other people for any reason they feel is valid, it's how it is. That's why racism and sexism haven't gone away.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be a hated skinny girl!!! That's why I'm on this site...lol

You should want to be a liked skinny girl. ;)

I don't need to be liked because of appearance. Thats what my personality is for. :) My point is that I would be flattered to be hated because I was skinny.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Ive always been average weight, I can't wait to be a skinny girl!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I agree with your arguement.

We see it everywhere.

The "skinny girl" hatred is comparable to the Participation Awards handed out to make the less athletic feel better about themselves. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, I'm saying I don't like it. Don't put down those who choose to work hard on their bodies just because it makes you feel left out or unattractive. Either make a change to achieve your goals or shut up and sit down.
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    Friend request sent.

Im scared!! :laugh:
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think the hate goes towards both the skinny and the obese. It seems only the in between are acceptable to many.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    To Western society, thin's pretty much always been in.

In a culture where food is in excess, "skinny" is almost a status symbol.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the word skinny. And I don't really even know what skinny is? When I see people who haven't seen me in a while, they say "Oh my God, you're so skinny!" Not sure whether or not to say thank you?
    I don't wanna be "skinny", I want to be HEALTHY.
    As women, we're not supposed to be extremely skinny, or exceptionally muscular. We were built for baby makin', and that's why we store more fat than men.. For our survival as well as our offspring... Even if we don't have babies!
    But every body is built differently, and there is no way to definitively say what is the most beautiful, because there is not one thing that IS universally the most "beautiful". It's whatever works for you, and your body.
    Either way, we should probably start understanding our differences and stop comparing ourselves to one another. UTOPIAAAAAAA!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I was going to send you a FR ... but then I saw on your profile to NOT ask you for pictures of your boobies..... :tongue:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this is my favorite post this week.

I consider being overweight to have MANY unattractive qualities- even if the girl/guy is kind and stylish and has a beautiful face, clean skin and hair.

Maybe s/he has a thyroid problem, maybe s/he went through a serious illness or survived a terrible injury and ended up gaining weight.

But if that is not the case... then I have to wonder certain things based on the cover of the book they are presenting to the world.

Do they have self-control/self-discipline problems?
    Are they apathetic toward their health and appearance?
    Do they care very little for the extra burden on family members if they end up with health problems because of their weight?
    Does their eating overindulgence and/or laziness toward physical activity carry over into other areas of their personality/life?
    Will the way they care for their own body affect how they will care for the bodies of their children?
    Are they teaching their families bad behavior- whether subconsciously or purposefully?
    Do they tend to always look for shortcuts/the easy way out/quick fixes?
    Are they using their weight to pad and protect them from dealing with darker issues?
    Are they experiencing difficulties in handling their emotions and turning to the wrong sources for comfort?
    Do they regularly hide from reality behind the instant gratification of food?
    Do they carry around a defeatist attitude of - why try? Im not good enough. There's no point. I cant try?
    Are they stubborn in their ignorance (or stupidity) in that they refuse to change for the better, as individuals?
    Are they scared?
    Do they care at all?

Now- many of these answers may be (are usually) NO- but to me they are all unattractive qualities that being obese/very overweight are sometimes indicators of.

If everyone assumes that you workout all the time and live a healthy active lifestyle just because you are thin... then it goes without saying what everyone assumes when they see someone overweight. Maybe its not fair - but I know that exercise kills fat and sharpens your mind....etc

Because of these questions that come up in my head- based on appearance- when I see a stranger- a smaller person would be more attractive to me. Maybe the larger person lives a super active lifestyle and eats perfectly- and is losing weight- then that is a wonderful beautiful thing.

But they are fixing a problem. And I do see it as a problem. And that problem isnt sexy to me.