ohyeah! i had a real ?... sexual orientation...

Options

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I love my boobs and my body, therefore I can appreciate (and want to touch) them on another woman's body as well. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

THIS! ^^

LOL
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't like or use labels generally. People are people.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Who cares! I mean if you like it and your having fun.. why even question it... go for it... :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Does your "friend" feel empowered by one label over another? Is there a sense of identity with one label over another? Ultimately the label is just words, but to your friend, and anyone interacting with your friend, the label may alter perception/judgment.
    no, not looking for a label really at all. just simply contemplating definitions. No word is going to change a thing.

Your response is a bit contradictory. You must have labels - words - in order to have definitions to contemplate.

I wasn't being accusatory or trying to lead you into an answer with my original post. I was curious about your attachment to the words themselves. Your original question is about the definition of straight and bisexual, isn't it? We can't have the discussion without the labels and our attachment to them.

As we've seen in this thread, this debate often devolves into splintered arguments. A homosexual *act* - that is, sexual behavior between people of the same gender - is different that identifying a person as homosexual. I think that distinction gets lost. Does one act define a person? I guess it might in some circumstances: you give birth, you are a mother; win the super bowl, you are a champion; steal something, you are thief; intentionally kill someone, you are a murderer.

I don't think sexuality comes down to one act. Or even a few acts. I think it is part of someone's "being" - however you want to define that. I think it is an interesting question. I think this discussion is a good one, and I hope it doesn't get locked. I'm grateful you brought it up.

At what point does sexuality get defined? Is it by thoughts, emotions, or actions? Is it a combination of those?

I get the responses of "it doesn't matter", "who cares?", "labels suck", etc. Because people are judged by labels. But something as important as identity may require labels for some people. It's a tricky path to walk.

To your original question:
    is it possible for my "friend" to be attracted sexually to another girl and still be considered straight? Or is just the fact that I, i mean, my "friend" is sexually attracted to another girl while still being sexually attracted to boys, mean she's bi?
    Yes, it is possible for you or your friend to be attracted sexually to another girl and still be considered straight. A follow-up question of debatable importance might be: "considered by whom?" Are you talking about how you or your friend might self-identify? Or talking about what others might label you?

I suspect there are some who may feel that any thoughts of attraction at all toward the same sex is homosexual thinking. Others may feel that thoughts matter little, but once you act on those thoughts (even once), the line is crossed. Still others may feel that we all exist on a spectrum of sexuality, and even some homosexual experimentation does not make someone homosexual or bisexual.

So not only is there a spectrum of sexuality, but a spectrum of definitions about sexuality. Obviously not a simple topic.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    @kennethmgreen: wonderfully put.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'd go with "bi-curious" though I don't understand why you're so strung out about finding a label for it. I like women or men, depending on the person (and obviously their looks), my fiancé seems to love this. lol.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    ive never dated a woman and cant say if i would or wouldnt. I think they are beautiful & there are a few i wanna stick my tongue down their throat. But i dont know if it goes any furthur than that. Its all about preference and like a few others have said. i dont think there is a black and white. theres a lot of gray area.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I don't like labels. I live by the idea of the sexual spectrum. One end is totally 100% straight and the other is totally 100% homo. I think, unless someone is asexual, they fall somewhere along the spectrum. I think it's rare to be one of the extremes. I definitely am sexually attracted to girls, although, most of my experiences are with men. Sexuality is far more than just who you choose to have sex with. That's my opinion.

Edit: I guess I just basically said the same thing as Cheryl.

Disagree with the falling along the spectrum because I find NOTHING attractive about a dude... absolutely NOTHING!
    Same for me except I've never been attracted to a woman. I can admit that they look great, but thats where it ends. Women have never done it for me.
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always considered myself straight with attraction towards women that lead me to become bi,
    Now after being in a relationship with my partner ( female) for over 3yrs we are a lesbian couple. She has always called herself gay.
    As I said I was attracted to women and also
    Men, but now I'm 100% commited to her.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessary to label. I agree with whomever said there is a lot of gray. Those who know they only like men or women- can label- but those of us who have crossed the line more than a couple times are in the gray area.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessary to label. I agree with whomever said there is a lot of gray. Those who know they only like men or women- can label- but those of us who have crossed the line more than a couple times are in the gray area.
    But then you are labeled "gray." Labels are just words. I understand that prejudice, hatred, discrimination, etc. can be associated with labels. But it's not the labels that are bad. It's the prejudice, hatred, discrimination, etc. Maybe some people feel that labels box you in. It's near impossible to have a discussion that is essentially about labels without using some labels.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm bi-curious. very curious if you're bi.

:)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I didn't read this entire thread...don't have time.

I consider myself a predominately heterosexual female...I love men...but I do sometimes find myself attracted to another woman. Have never acted on the attraction..but it still exists.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    kennethmgreen - extremely well put. I like how you think. Very succinct written.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    Your response is a bit contradictory. You must have labels - words - in order to have definitions to contemplate.

I wasn't being accusatory or trying to lead you into an answer with my original post. I was curious about your attachment to the words themselves. Your original question is about the definition of straight and bisexual, isn't it? We can't have the discussion without the labels and our attachment to them.
    <snip>

I know we discussed over PM, but let me just re-iterate what we already talked about just to put it out here.

i 100% agree with you. While my answer may had seemed that i was reacting to your question, I was simply just quickly answering it.

A better answer .. For discussion sake and sheer curiousity, I was wondering how other people define things and would give labels to me. Do i agree with what others put on me? nope, it matters not one bit at all. I knew I would get different answers, I wasn't trying to define myself. I wasn't trying to find a label for myself. I'm me, and i'm completely cool with who that person is regardless of what others think. This was merely a discussion to see how others thought. Even though I knew already it would be a mishmash of differing opinions.

I really liked your response. :flowerforyou:
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    As Butters would say. . . bi curious :)

as Tobias Funke would say 'oh, i'm buy-curious'

As the Wright brothers would say... "fly-curious" ;)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sexuality is fluid.

There have been times where I find myself very very attracted to women but I always go back to men.

I say find yourself. No need to put labels.

I consider myself straight with some lesbian tendencies. haha
  • kelley663
    kelley663 Posts: 20
    Options
    As Rosie Odonell has said on the subject of Tom Cruise , I'm gay not dead :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Too many hot women in this thread not to bump. :love:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I consider myself completely straight, but some women are just hawt, like, fantasy inducing hot.

Yep!!!