Most Loved Childhood Toys

Options

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Raggidy Anne & Andy!! I thought for sure they came alive at night and played :laugh:

Easy bake oven
    Play kitchen with all the stuff, I would play restaurant! LOVED IT!!

oh yeah, lincoln logs! i have always wanted a log cabin!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Weebles Wobble ... but they don't fall down.

Weeble Treehouse:

weeblestree.jpg

I forgot all about this toy!!!! My brother and I loved it!!!!!
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    lol Maybe for some people not for me. Could be why I could worked at a daycare centre with toddlers for 16 years. But you did make me laugh.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Barbies - hands down. I could play with them for hours. My brothers would scalp them or take heads off.

Model horses
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    This thread just made my day. I keep smiling thinking of all the toys from the past. :happy:
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ATARI video game consoule with pac man and astroids. I was the only kid in my neihborhood with one in 1988. it was an amazing machine:-)
  • amymt10
    Options
    My popple,

I would roll it into the ball, and have the tail hanging out, then I would dangle it from my bed by the tail as I fell asleep...it would protect me from anything under my bed

I still have my Popple :) she is pink w/purple hair. I showed it too my sons and they were like what in the world is that. LOL
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    My Abba Dabba Doo (I slept with him a stuffed monkey)
  • amymt10
    Options
    The original Strawberry Shortcake- her hair smelled like strawberries!!! OH and Smurfs and Sit N Spin
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I loved my Barbies to be honest... I just liked dressing them up... and recreating the soap operas I used to see on tv (I was homeschooled and usually done by that time... :wink:)

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one!

I had one Ken and like 15 Barbies... so it wasn't hard to do... :wink: Ken was quite the man wh0re in my house.. :laugh:
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    1. My Dressy Bessy and Dapper Dan dolls

2. My Weebles

3. My Skipper doll...She was Barbies younger sister/cousin (don't remember)...when you turned her arm around her itty bitties grew!..I swear it was a real toy! Everyone I tell thinks I'm crazy!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love this thread...brings back so many memories...For me it was my Barbies and my 1970's Barbie Dream House. I also cherished my Chrissie Doll...she had hair that pulled out of the top of her head so you could make it longer or shorter...so much fun...until I cut it with scissors and realized that it wasn't coming back!

I also loved to play with my brothers Hot Wheels cars and orange track that you had to put together..we had some great races.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    LOVED my Mrs. Beasley Doll...just like Buffy had.

I didn't know Buffy had one o these, but the last time I was at my Mom's I introduced my sister's old Mrs. Beasley to my 3 year-old. Pulled the strong and, "I'm Mrs. Beasley." I was easily FAR more amused than she.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I had a broke handled shovel and 200 acres of dirt. Every now and then, I might dig up a marble, horseshoe, or an arrowhead, and those days were like Christmas!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Speak n Spell! I learnt how to spell on that thing :-)
    Apostrophe! Apostrophe! haha. Remember that button?
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    2 words.

Glo. Worm!

My parents still have mine somewhere :smile:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My teddy.

lS5KY.jpg

26 years old.

Also, I had a Donatello Ninja Turtle figurine that I used to marry to my barbies.
  • amymt10
    Options
    My brother loved his Fisher Price garage, you know the one from the 70's, my mom still has it!! My sons loved it soooo much that I bought them the new one and they never played with it. So i went on EBay and found the one from the 70's and they play with it almost every day!!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    AAAAAsZi4fAAAAAAAL77Iw.jpg?v=1200110754000
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of Hot Wheels players.....also had a big collection of Johnny Lightnings, too!!