Most Loved Childhood Toys

Options

Replies

• massagecailin
    Options
    Polly Pockets, and Fisher Price Little People (all the older ones, not the stuff now, but like from the 80's and 90's)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My Barbies! Shhhh don't tell anyone, but I still have a shoe box of my favourite ones & another of all their clothes on my shelf. I had about 200 barbies, now I've got about 7.
  • walkswithdeer
    Options
    I ADORED MY "POOR PITIFUL PEARL" DOLL!!! I'm dating myself now...lol
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby dolls ( they talked) :)

Popples and my little puppies as well as the pound puppies stuffed animals.. I was such a product of the 80's

Of course nintendo had to be on that list as well!
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    Monchi Monchi and Care Bears - they represented love and care.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    1. My Dressy Bessy and Dapper Dan dolls

2. My Weebles

3. My Skipper doll...She was Barbies younger sister/cousin (don't remember)...when you turned her arm around her itty bitties grew!..I swear it was a real toy! Everyone I tell thinks I'm crazy!

I still have my Dressy Bessy and Dapper Dan dolls... I think I will have to find them for my daughter... :happy:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't remember much of my childhood, I think I fried those memories away during my teenage years. However, I do remember having a pretty awesome warrior-skunk-dude. He was scratch and sniff. Seriously. If you scratched this dude, he would smell like skunk a*ss.

I remember sitting in my room by myself smelling warrior-skunk-a*s.

I think I'll go cry now. :)

Stink-1.jpg
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I know I am showing my age....but an ookpick...
  • Firebird_Rising
    Firebird_Rising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely Transformers, I loved those things to death...still do...I managed to keep all the figures I had as a kid and still have them now.

My Lego sets survived my childhood as well....I really need to find those at my parent's place someday!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Snoopy Snow Cone Machine

Teddy Ruxpin but not when I was little. More like when I was a teenager. We would put our NWA cassette in his back and he would "rap" with Ice Cube & Eazy E. (hides head in shame)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am a child of the 80's and early 90's. Loved my He-man and GI Joe toys, My Buddy, and TMNT.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    2 words.

Glo. Worm!

My parents still have mine somewhere :smile:

I still have my Glo Worm and it still works!
    Also loved my yellow Huffalump, Barbies and a porcelain doll that I name "Porcelain" at the age of 2 LOL:laugh:

I still have mine too... I don't know if it works or not... I even have a whole bunch of glow worm figurines as well... Man, if we go home at Easter, I'm definitely going through stuff...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You all are making me feel so old! I bought most of your favorite toys for my KIDS! lol Thanks for the memories though. Great, uplifting topic. Thank you.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Also, my siblings and I pretended the floor was lava at least once a day. It's a shame you can't sell that *kitten*.

My OH and I tryed that a few weeks ago. Not easy now!!

I still do it once in a while, but I usually end up melting before making it to safety. It's definitely tougher!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My nintendo. I loved playing Duck Hunt
  • Turtle1104
    Turtle1104 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I loved, still love, Strawberry Shortcake and My LIttle Pony. The Strawberry Shortcake dolls they make today don't smell as good to me though. Blueberry Muffin was my favorite.

Oh! And my Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I still have those and gave them to my daughter.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Popples. I *loved* my Popples. I still have one of them, actually.

Oh, and Legos. I still play with Legos if I can find the opportunity.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I also cherished my Chrissie Doll...she had hair that pulled out of the top of her head so you could make it longer or shorter...so much fun...until I cut it with scissors and realized that it wasn't coming back!
    Holy Moly, I had one of these also. My granddaughter has her now. She calls her big baby. I think the pony tail got cut off at some point. I think my daughter did it. I remember spending hours trying to brush her hair.

I had one of those Chrissie Dolls too. I took her to the beauty shop one day and cut off all her hair. She lost some of her thrill when there was no hair to make longer.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My nintendo. I loved playing Duck Hunt

I was the king of Duck Hunt........
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LOVED my Mrs. Beasley Doll...just like Buffy had.

I didn't know Buffy had one o these, but the last time I was at my Mom's I introduced my sister's old Mrs. Beasley to my 3 year-old. Pulled the strong and, "I'm Mrs. Beasley." I was easily FAR more amused than she.

...oooh, you evil. wonder if this will come up in her therapy 30 years from now...
    mrs. beasley can be so damn creepy, to those not in the know.
    love me some family affair and mr. french.