I want to burn muscle as fast as I can to lose weight. Thoug

Options
124»

Replies

• mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of shaving every hair off my body, that'll lop off another half a pound. Plus I'll be more aerodynamic for my daily 50k runs.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It takes some people longer to see the light and educate themselves. Just because you're there, no need to mock others - you didn't know until you knew - how long did it take you gain the knowledge and commitment to lead a healthy lifestyle? I am sure all of us have done stupid and damaging things to our bodies at some time, in the misguided belief that it was the right way to get results, before gaining the knowledge eat in a healthy and sensible way. Or have you always been perfect?

Honestly? About an hour after I googled "healthy way to lose weight"

The internet makes it very simple to learn things. As long as you can read and have common sense it isn't hard.

I also used the android market and searched weight loss and found this app/website.

Best thing I ever did.

P.S. This is the internet and there is no sarcasm button on the keyboard so you have to just use common sense to figure things out sometimes.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just eat celery and drink water. Since celery is a negative calorie food, you'll BURN more calories digesting it! celery, FTW!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You.Can.NOT.Be.Serious? What?!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It takes some people longer to see the light and educate themselves. Just because you're there, no need to mock others - you didn't know until you knew - how long did it take you gain the knowledge and commitment to lead a healthy lifestyle? I am sure all of us have done stupid and damaging things to our bodies at some time, in the misguided belief that it was the right way to get results, before gaining the knowledge eat in a healthy and sensible way. Or have you always been perfect?

Yup, I sure have!! A chubby kid my whole life so in high school I stopped eating exect what might keep me moving. I did get more compliments and more people liked me instead of making fun of me (people are mean...:sad: ) But.... I kept my friends who were there for me when I was overweight and put a hand up to those who wanted nothing to do with me until I was thin. (Really?!:huh:). I find myself saying, "the scales is not moving!!!!! Time to stop eating, thats how it worked last time." Then I think, no, look what happened, I became fat again, this time, slow and steady.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options

i agree with this but i also want to add that there are lots of people who you try to tell (in a nice way, of course) what seems to work the best to preserve muscle and lose fat and they dont' really want to listen. they just want to do it their way. i am grateful to have learned from other MFP members and i dont' think i know everything about getting to a healthy body, but i wish that people would listen when those of us who have been there, done that (1200 calorie diets) and seen a huge loss in muscle mass (as well as fat) try to tell them what has worked and what hasn't. it does get old after a while. sure, it "works" to lose weight by eating very little. but there are so many bad things that come along with that weight loss: slowed metabolism, becoming "skinny fat"... fatigue, etc... just to name a few

Some people I know I will show them progress pictures on here or we will talk abut others who lost weight, you know the first thing out of their mouth? Not looks good, way to go but..... HOW LONG DID IT TAKE THEM! Does it matter? She is one who is on a diet plan that one can lose about 4.5 pounds a week. So of course, she comments on how it shouldnt take so long to lose weight and be where you want in no time. I just tell her I want to keep it off, any diet can try to train me to eat healthy, but only I can train me to tryly eat a healthy lifestyle.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your diet and you need to change the way you eat!!!! Your diet is not going to help you anytime soon...and FYI muslce burn calories faster then not having any :)

You know what is awesome about that? I am losing weight exactly the way MFP predicts I will. Go figure. Sometimes I cheat a little on my food choices, but I always track, and I always know where I stand. I think the biggest problem one would find in my diary is that I don't always practice what I preach, I am under on my calories far too often.