Is there anything compareable to shakeology that is affordab

Options
amymrls
amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
Just wondering if anybody has found anything as good.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of things, Shakeology's nutritional profile isn't all it's cracked up to be
  • amymrls
    Options
    Yes lots of things, Shakeology's nutritional profile isn't all it's cracked up to be

Okay well can you help me out? What would you recomend?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Er.... Food?
  • Acg67
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

Really if you just want a multi and protein powder there are tons that will offer the same benefits for less then ShakeO
  • amymrls
    Options
    I do eat food lots of it and I have lost 120 lbs. I like the vitamins and support shakeology gives you but it is hard on the checkbook. I would like something comparable that tastes good that is a reasonable price. does anyone (without being sarcastic) know of anything I can try?

I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't really want it. I figure someone on here knows of something.
  • amymrls
    Options

Really if you just want a multi and protein powder there are tons that will offer the same benefits for less then ShakeO

True but most of them taste like garbage. Do you know of one that doesn't....
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any protein powder qualifies. When I use to use protein powder regularily I used ON whey gold standard with milk, some type of fruit, ususally banana's, strawberries, blueberries as eg. and some ground flax. Most confuse optimal with acceptable and the differences are minimal. It's really about your total diet and lifestyle....no magic in a protein drink.
  • amymrls
    Options
    I need to lwert it down from thousands to something more reasonable like 3 different kinds to try so I am not spending money trying to find a good one.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I sometimes supplement with a basic whey protein powder mixed with some milk, spinach and frozen berries. Frozen spinach and berries are relatively cheap and a good way to add a little more to your protein.

Edit: Isopure Zero Carb is what I use. I get it for $45/3lb at GNC. Not exactly the cheapest whey that you can buy though.
  • Acg67
    Options

True but most of them taste like garbage. Do you know of one that doesn't....

Personally I've found Gaspari, Xtreme Formulations and TruNutrition to be really decent tasting in just water
  • comtlvr
    comtlvr Posts: 5
    Options
    Sorry, but there is nothing that can compare to Shakeology. I know it is expensive but it is uncomparible to anything out there. Protein powder is great, but not even close to the ingredients in Shako...
  • amymrls
    Options
    I sometimes supplement with a basic whey protein powder mixed with some milk, spinach and frozen berries. Frozen spinach and berries are relatively cheap and a good way to add a little more to your protein.

Edit: Isopure Zero Carb is what I use. I get it for $45/3lb at GNC. Not exactly the cheapest whey that you can buy though.

Tasting good is > than cheap. Shakeology is $100 a month...
  • Krispy247
    Krispy247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One that is comparable to Isopure Zero Carb is also at the Vitamine Shoppe called Dymatize Elite Whey Protein or 100...and is only $25-28!
  • amymrls
    Options
    One that is comparable to Isopure Zero Carb is also at the Vitamine Shoppe called Dymatize Elite Whey Protein or 100...and is only $25-28!
    Awesome you rock thank you!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    In the UK, our version of Wal-mart (Asda) do their own version of (Slimfast) that is far cheaper and higher in protein.

Can't help you with US options I'm afraid.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Designer Whey double chocolate. It's all natural, doesn't mix "gritty", comes out smooth, and tastes good IMO. I mix mine with skim milk or coffee, but have tried it in water and it's still good. It's relatively inexpensive, and can be purchased online or (in my case) in the natural foods section of Kroger or Giant Eagle. It's only 100 calories (when mixed with water). I just shake mine up in a bottle, doesn't need to be blended.

http://www.amazon.com/DESIGNER-WHEY-Supplement-Chocolate-Container/dp/B001CD1EE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332349984&sr=8-1
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Tasting good is > than cheap. Shakeology is $100 a month...

Add spinach and berries to it or a little cocoa powder and it will taste good.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Sorry, but there is nothing that can compare to Shakeology. I know it is expensive but it is uncomparible to anything out there. Protein powder is great, but not even close to the ingredients in Shako...

And how many are those ingredients in efficacious amounts?
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've heard slimfast is very high in sugar.

I haven't heard of shakeology myself, but if i wanted to do a meal replacement system in the run up to fitting into something tight, I'd create my own with porridge oats, unsweetened soya milk and blueberries. By the sounds of it it wouldn't work out any more expensive.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    ps, have you got those silicone cup cases? if you mix up two egs and 2microwaived 'chunks' of frozen spinach (dykwim?) that's about 17 cals in total! then squeeze out the excess water out of the spinach, mix it in with the egg, add a spoon of mango chutney, pour them into the silicon cup cases and microwave for about a minute. You get two 'spinach frittatas' lol. For under 200 cals. filling and nutritious.

If you get every body to come up with a suggestion of a meal replacement for under 200, then select a few that you like, you will save yourself some cash.