Is there anything compareable to shakeology that is affordab

Options

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing that people bash Shakeology as an expensive "protein shake" when it is far from just that. It is pricey but worth the cost to me. Just my opinion.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use visalus shakes twice a day. I lost 11 pounds in the first 6 weeks.

which is more expensive :) But, if it works for you, great!

Seriously, I agree with most of the posters....a good protein shake would do in a pinch as a meal replacement. However, there are sooooo many other ideas you can do for low cal healthy meals that are filling and quite tasty. You have ROCKED this weight loss thus far!! Way to go!

I use protein shakes post workout mostly....but I have had one for breakfast if I am pushed for time....not my favorite thing to do though..I just personally am not a fan of the whole "replace a meal with a shake" idea. I kinda like food. LOL

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!

Body By Vi isn't more expensive than Shakeology. Shakeology = $120/mth for ONE shake a day. Body By Vi = $99 a month for TWO shakes a day. I personally choose to take one a day which is only $49 a month. I was once a Beachbody Coach and found the price of Shakeology difficult to sell the product and then the fact that it didn't taste good ruined it. Now as a Body By Vi distributor, the price is easy on the check book and the taste is amazing. Different strokes for different folks, but that's my 2 cents.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nutek's Pro 5..I drink the cookies n cream one...It's amazing tasting, high in protein, BCAA's, amino acids, everything you need..it's designed to help you not only build lean muscle, but to burn fat and everything.. go to your local nutrishop. If you don't know of one, google search nutrishop and check out their website...

Message me if you have any questions!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am NOT bashing beachbody by any means. The fact is their products work. I love them I love their workouts. Problem is I am a mother of 5 kids and kids come before weightloss food. I need to find something affordable that works. Also I think shakeology tastes great.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology every morning and dont mind paying $100 for it. I do not rely on any shake to give me all of my nutrional needs. I eat a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies to boot.

I will stick my Chocolate Shakeology until I find something better and have yet to try the Tropical Vegan Shakeology.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology every morning and dont mind paying $100 for it. I do not rely on any shake to give me all of my nutrional needs. I eat a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies to boot.

I will stick my Chocolate Shakeology until I find something better and have yet to try the Tropical Vegan Shakeology.
    I can't stick to it because I have 5 kids to take care of and not enough moolah but thanks.
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    I use visalus shakes twice a day. I lost 11 pounds in the first 6 weeks.

which is more expensive :) But, if it works for you, great!

Seriously, I agree with most of the posters....a good protein shake would do in a pinch as a meal replacement. However, there are sooooo many other ideas you can do for low cal healthy meals that are filling and quite tasty. You have ROCKED this weight loss thus far!! Way to go!

I use protein shakes post workout mostly....but I have had one for breakfast if I am pushed for time....not my favorite thing to do though..I just personally am not a fan of the whole "replace a meal with a shake" idea. I kinda like food. LOL

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!

Body By Vi isn't more expensive than Shakeology. Shakeology = $120/mth for ONE shake a day. Body By Vi = $99 a month for TWO shakes a day. I personally choose to take one a day which is only $49 a month. I was once a Beachbody Coach and found the price of Shakeology difficult to sell the product and then the fact that it didn't taste good ruined it. Now as a Body By Vi distributor, the price is easy on the check book and the taste is amazing. Different strokes for different folks, but that's my 2 cents.

While I do agree everyone is different, I do have to question your success as a beachbody coach since you brought it up. "selling" products is not the job of a beachbody coach. It's helping/supporting them in their journey! Whether they buy Shakeology or not! You give advice and motivate. So many people are disappointed when they fail as coaches cause they in it just for the money! No wonder why they fail as coaches! This is why beachbody coaches get a bad rep and it's really sad because there are people out there like me not trying to "sell" products and actually truly want to help people!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any protein powder qualifies. When I use to use protein powder regularily I used ON whey gold standard with milk, some type of fruit, ususally banana's, strawberries, blueberries as eg. and some ground flax. Most confuse optimal with acceptable and the differences are minimal. It's really about your total diet and lifestyle....no magic in a protein drink.

This isn't just a protein drink. Please actually look up shakeology before accusing it of being only a "protein drink"

Since taking it I have noticed an increase in energy, I am able to perform better during my workouts and I live in Atlanta where the pollen is crazy now, and for once in 10 years I haven't had allergy symptoms. It's packed with vitamins and superfoods and from the 3 weeks I've been on it, it is something I will continue to drink.

And no, I am not a BeachBody Coach, however, once I get through bootcamp I will sign up for one as military can be one for free and we get a discount on their products and since I will continue shakeology, that's a great thing for me.
    Well, you know the old saying
    baffles brains. The internet and a little research will set you free. j/k
  • LiLBiTLibra
    LiLBiTLibra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Foods True Vitality Chocolate Plant Protein with DHA. You can find 2 weeks of servings for $17.18 at Luckyvitamin.com
    I buy it in bulk. The more you buy the more you save. 3 or more: $17.71, 6 or more: $17.53, 12 or more: $17.18
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Probably can't find an exact replacement that is cheaper, but seriously just buy a whey isolate and blend it with fruit, greens, avocados, whatever you want and it will probably still be cheaper and be "more than just a protein."
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I use a Kroger brand whey/soy mix, in both chocolate and vanilla. I find it to taste pretty good, actually, and the nutrition is right on target, less calorie, more protein and less carbs than Shakeology. I think the price is right around the $10-15 range for a 16 oz jar of powder?
  • Celticwolf70
    Celticwolf70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live but we have a Sprouts and Whole Foods here. I like to go in and talk with the people in the vitamin department. They are knowledgeable, health conscious, and are willing to explain what it all means. I like the ingredient (or lack of artificial) line up in Shakeology but I agree its costly. Plus if you are a mom on the go or just super busy it is hard to EAT 100% right to get everything your body needs as you lose the weight.

I'm trying to find the same solution and would be happy to let you know what I find out there that's healthy, as close to natural as possible and affordable.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Probably can't find an exact replacement that is cheaper, but seriously just buy a whey isolate and blend it with fruit, greens, avocados, whatever you want and it will probably still be cheaper and be "more than just a protein."

I agree. For the cost of those shakes, you could buy a VitaMix or Blendtec and make your own amazing shakes from real food.
  • timdbear
    Options
    Most people don't want you to know but look at good old fashioned Nesquick (I like the chocolate flavour) but there are many others + a Multi-Vitamin.

Nesquick has some vital ingredients for body recovery (as advertised for the kids on TV) why not for adults! :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Amazing grass green superfood. It has wheat grass spirilina flax seed apple pectin probiotics spinach brocolli alfalfa carrot maca beets acai - as close as I've found to shakeology . But not close enough, I got mine on amazon. Lasts along time. I mix it with protein powder and almond milk. Good luck !
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I need to lwert it down from thousands to something more reasonable like 3 different kinds to try so I am not spending money trying to find a good one.

I use body fortress whey protein -- it's easy on the wallet - $14.88 at walmart for 2lbs.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Always found it funny that Beachbody being a business does not sell shakeology outside of the US.....

Hmmmm...why?

oh and it's not passed by the FDA either...
  • jifferdoodle
    Options
    I used to rep this stuff because you get a discount. I LOVE the taste but I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative...and I don't have time to make my own concoction. Some of the people on here who looked at the ingredient list know how extensive it is, and frankly I wouldn't want to give up any of those ingredients. When it comes down to it, I'm just not willing to pay 130 for the vegan chocolate so that's why I'm looking here. I saw some recommendations, but I've tried them and I'm still not blown over.

As a side note...why are people wasting time on this thread talking about whether or not to drink a shake instead of food?

I'd still love to know if someone here has tried Shakeology and then found a product that tastes similar (and pretty much comparable with ingredients) because I WANT TO BUY THAT PRODUCT! :)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Lean 25 and also the GNC Total Lean shakes. Here are some of the flavors that I really like:
    Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint Mocha, Mixed Berries, Blueberries and Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla, French Vanilla, Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana. Taste great, not gritty and you can most often get them on sale sometimes as cheap as BOGO. Hope this helps. BTW great job with the weight loss!!
  • flomigrl
    Options
    Amyrls I'm sorry but there is NOTHING out there that even comes close to the nutritional benefits of Shakeology! I know the price can seem high (have you considered coaching for the discount?) but you have to remember that it is a MEAL REPLACEMENT and not just a protein powder!! Congratulations on your 120 lbs loss!! Lookin great!