Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm not a chocolate fan =)
  • amymrls
    Options
    ps, have you got those silicone cup cases? if you mix up two egs and 2 'chunks' of microwaved spinach (dykwim?) that's about 17 cals in total! then mix it in with the egg, add a spoon of mango chutney, pour them into the silicon cup cases and microwave for about a minute. You get two 'spinach frittatas' lol. For under 200 cals. filling and nutritious.

If you get every body to come up with a suggestion of a meal replacement for under 200, then select a few that you like, you will save yourself some cash.
    Thanks
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    thinking of trying some of these
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump :smokin:
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have used the protein powder from u weight loss - there is no after taste and you can even drink it with the powder and just water....kinda boring but in a pinch it will work
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of things, Shakeology's nutritional profile isn't all it's cracked up to be

Okay well can you help me out? What would you recomend?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

Really if you just want a multi and protein powder there are tons that will offer the same benefits for less then ShakeO

True but most of them taste like garbage. Do you know of one that doesn't....

Personally I've found Gaspari, Xtreme Formulations and TruNutrition to be really decent tasting in just water

haven't tried TruNutrition, but i'll vouch for the other two. they both make quality tasting products that are affordable with decent profiles.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but there is nothing that can compare to Shakeology. I know it is expensive but it is uncomparible to anything out there. Protein powder is great, but not even close to the ingredients in Shako...

does it taste like Kool-Aid?

:huh:
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I drink vega one every single morning. Clean, plant based shake that shakes up like a smoothie and has probiotics and multis built in. tastes great too:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=EQ-1031
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do eat food lots of it and I have lost 120 lbs. I like the vitamins and support shakeology gives you but it is hard on the checkbook. I would like something comparable that tastes good that is a reasonable price. does anyone (without being sarcastic) know of anything I can try?

I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't really want it. I figure someone on here knows of something.

Sorry, I can see what you're asking and why you're asking. I think it's an interesting question. IS THERE A SUPPLEMENT TO FOOD?!

It's not the answer you're looking for but sometimes for a day or two, I do my own thing (very carefully calculated and I only eat what I've 'concocted' iyswim!).
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Elite - - Gourmet Vanilla and I mix it with unsweetened Almond Breeze and add a pack of stevia to it. I think the taste is great. I also add a cup of frozen fruit to it sometimes. I buy it from GNC, but I think you can order it online too.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What about Herbalife?
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    I like Whey Gourmet, I like the vanilla the best because then I can make it whatever flavor I like. It's about $30 (Canadian), where I live anyways.

They actually have a new natural line out that doesn't have artifical sweetner...I haven't tired it yet, but once I find a store that carries it I will switch to that.

My favorite shake is Body by Vi is great as well, runs about $43 if you do autoship.
  • asteinh
    asteinh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use visalus shakes twice a day. I lost 11 pounds in the first 6 weeks.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I use visalus shakes twice a day. I lost 11 pounds in the first 6 weeks.

which is more expensive :) But, if it works for you, great!

Seriously, I agree with most of the posters....a good protein shake would do in a pinch as a meal replacement. However, there are sooooo many other ideas you can do for low cal healthy meals that are filling and quite tasty. You have ROCKED this weight loss thus far!! Way to go!

I use protein shakes post workout mostly....but I have had one for breakfast if I am pushed for time....not my favorite thing to do though..I just personally am not a fan of the whole "replace a meal with a shake" idea. I kinda like food. LOL

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!
  • amymrls
    Options
    Thanks much you gus have given me some options to try.
  • amymrls
    Options
    :bigsmile: I like protien shakes after my workout because I am always starving after I work out and I don't want to eat the universe
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    A lot of this is opinion based information. She asked for comparable to shakeology not the dislikes of shakeology. Fact! Shakeology is expensive. Another fact no other product has the same exact ingredients ( no matter in what amount). Definitely not dissing on those who use other shakes I'm just saying she wanted product suggestions that were close to the same ingredients as shakeology and not all these high sugar artificial color suggestions some of you have suggested.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    bump
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any protein powder qualifies. When I use to use protein powder regularily I used ON whey gold standard with milk, some type of fruit, ususally banana's, strawberries, blueberries as eg. and some ground flax. Most confuse optimal with acceptable and the differences are minimal. It's really about your total diet and lifestyle....no magic in a protein drink.

This isn't just a protein drink. Please actually look up shakeology before accusing it of being only a "protein drink"

Since taking it I have noticed an increase in energy, I am able to perform better during my workouts and I live in Atlanta where the pollen is crazy now, and for once in 10 years I haven't had allergy symptoms. It's packed with vitamins and superfoods and from the 3 weeks I've been on it, it is something I will continue to drink.

And no, I am not a BeachBody Coach, however, once I get through bootcamp I will sign up for one as military can be one for free and we get a discount on their products and since I will continue shakeology, that's a great thing for me.