What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I cooked 4 chicken breasts in the crock pot this weekend w BBQ sauce ( a recipe I found here), then shredded it & let them soak up the sauce. We used it for tacos, & on salads Now tonight we are using it in "stuffed peppers" with1/8 c of lofat cheese on top. There's still over 2 cups of chix left so plan to freeze the rest...

I never thought of it in stuffed peppers. Great idea. Thanks!
  • Boonster001
    Options
    Lot's of great ideas!

Tonight at our house it will be:

Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts baked in fat free italian dressing
    Potatoes cubed and tossed with olive oil and lipton onion soup mix, then baked
    Salad
    Green beans

Mmmmm, now I want to go home!
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    im not a COOKER......i need ideas on frozen.....i like meatballs, shrimp, bacon, sweet potato, string beans.....what to do with all of this .....how to make something simple...in a skillet...
  • yasmine36
    yasmine36 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm having dill marinated shrimp with pasta and salad on the side :)
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    BTW - I went with veggie stir fry for tonight. It's really low calorie with cauliflower rice but during the week we don't eat as many calories during the day so we have room to use whole wheat noodles instead. I just don't cook as much noodles as I use to before the diet. :)

I got some great ideas from this thread that I plan on working with next week. Thanks everyone.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste's Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage and Peppers. Can't wait!
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BBQ/Jerk turkey breast with sauteed red onion, broccoli and baked sweet potato. All for 520 cals, 5g fat and 70g protein.

I have been converted to turkey breast for the moment due to it only being £7 a kilo when chicken breast is £10 a kilo. A kilo package usually lasts me six meals during the week.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am making my own version of the Taco Mac Shrimp and Avocado Salad:

Lettuce
    1/4 cup black beans
    1/4 pound steamed shrimp with old bay
    1 chopped jalapeno
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    1/4 diced avocado
    2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing

434 calories 19carbs 22 fat 36 protein 6 sat fat 193 cholesterol
  • ananda403
    ananda403 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just found this blog www.skinnytaste.com. It has tons of tasty, skinny recipes and all the calories and stuff already counted for you, which is the best part! Definitely check it out.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia, garden salad and steamed broccoli with fresh cut pineapple for dessert :tongue: Haven't figured out what I will do for dressing yet, because I do not want to be over on my sodium :sad:

Try lemon juice.

Just lemon juice on the salad? Or do you mean for the fish?

On the salad. As long as you aren't wanting something heavy, lemonjuice adds some tang to it and is pretty light. Goes well with cold chicken breast cut up on salad as well.
  • heartflood
    heartflood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight is a Fennel, Roasted Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Quiche! Straight out of the newest Vegetarian Times. :)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are having lemon garlic pork tenderloin, Brussel Sprouts and herb red potatoes
  • hazel_iz89
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Fajitas.

Bell Peppers
    Onions
    Chicken Breast cut up
    Cumin
    Cayenne Pepper
    Chili Powder
    Garlic Powder
    salt pepper

Low in calories and very tasty. NO need for tortillas but if needed corn tortillas.
  • tinat84
    tinat84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Turkey burger n side salad is always a good end to my day while I've been dieting. I feel like I'm being bad when I really didn't eat bad at all.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I am going to have an 8 oz. grilled,90%lean,ground sirloin,burger. A cup of mixed vegetables, and a Dannon,light and fit,yogurt. :-)
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Favorite go to especially when I am short on time
    Turkey sausage- make little rustic meatballs out of it. Pan fry. Add garlic and basil. Add in a can of whole tomatoes, season with salt/ pepper. Splash of balsamic vinegar. Simmer while the water heats for your favorite pasta. Break up the tomatoes with a spoon while simmering. Super easy, Super tasty.
    Tonight will be probably chicken with red bell peppers and maybe some capers and some snow peas or asparagus .. not sure yet on the sides.
    Looking at everyones posts for ideas.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to make Ramen Noodle soup, add veggies, onion, reduced sodium soy sauce and tuna, and will hope for the best! (I usually use ground beef or turkey instead of tuna)
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Lettuce
    1/4 cup black beans
    1 chopped jalapeno
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    1/4 diced avocado

This sounds delicious!
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A nice big salad with pear vinaigrette and a grilled chicken breast with lemon and pico de gallo.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Lettuce
    1/4 cup black beans
    1 chopped jalapeno
    1/4 cup feta cheese
    1/4 diced avocado

This sounds delicious!

It is, it is my favorite thing to eat when I go there, I realized today that I had all the stuff to make it so why not save 10 bucks and make it at home?