Those who are not overweight but are still trying to lose

Options
I am not overweight but I am still aiming to lose about 18 more pounds, and it is really difficult since weight loss is so slow when you don't have much to lose. Who else on mfp falls within the "normal" weight range but is still trying to lose a few pounds or tone up? I want to add you as friends so we can support each other!

Replies

• ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to lose my last 2 kgs at the moment (4.4 lbs ) and IT'S SO FRIKING HARD!!! :( i have been trying to lose it for a month now without any success :(
    by the way, i have lost 15 lbs already :)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have a few lb left to get to goal weight. it does get hard. what has been working for me is mroe calories actually. i lose a little slower but i dont' feel the need to binge. and i continue with my exercise as usual.
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 10 lbs, but mainly want to tone up and tighten my stomach (after 2 c-sections, it needs help!)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I am on the border of average/overweight, so I would like to lose another 5 pounds to be more inside the "healthy range." And yes, it's hard to do when you are close to/at your close weight!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm trying to lose like 20.. how did you guys lose it? I think i'm not being patient enough...
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Been trying to lose my last 10 for the past 4 months!:ohwell:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    more calories helped me lose the last time i got down to maintenance... it seems counterintuitive but it works. not just for me but for lots of people.
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    I'm down 17lbs so far, and have about 13 to go. Feel free to add me to keep up with progress, if you'd like. :)
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I've lost 13 lbs so far and am in a healthy BMI zone, but I still want to lose 26 lbs more. Anyone here can feel free to add me!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i had my ticker set for me to lose 17 more lbs but i dont mind just losing 10 & toning. i definitely agree that its hard tho!
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can add me. I've lost 13 pounds since the beginning of the year...looking to lose about 5 more and tone up!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I only have about 5 lbs to go. I only wanted to lose about 10 lbs...all my weight was going to my midsection so those few lbs were noticable. But yeah it has taken me forever to lose these few lbs
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    *raises her hand!* Me!

I started at almost 170. I'm down to 143 right now. I want to be 130. I am at a "healthy" weight right now, but it is still high for me. I weighed about 120 all through college and was too thin - so I've set my goal at 130.

Losing the first almost 25 pounds was super easy, but now I'm stuck stuck stuck! I just posted a thread in here about how I am going to try and up my calories to see if that helps kick start the losing again. Sounds counter-intuitive, but I've got to try something!
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have about 10lbs to use. My weight goes up and down on it's own so I'm hoping it will start yo-yoing around a lower number ):
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    Any of you on here can add me if you would like!
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in the healthy range but trying to lose 10-15 more lbs...I have lost 7 so far. Its very hard....I am working out a lot but not seeing a lot of results so I am trying to eat back some calories...hoping it helps! I will add you as a friend!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and am at my goal weight-ish, at 140. Trying to lose a little more belly and thigh fat and build some muscle. But I'm absolutely terrified to eat more. ;)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose at least 20lbs. I have currently lost 10lbs. It is hard but coming off steadily. It really is all about your diet and keeping yourself challenged.

At this stage I have to focus on what I am eating. I am trying to leave very little room for error. I still allow the occasional treat, but I try to leave a few exercise cals in the bank for my weekends.

I am trying different exercises and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Running, Biking, Hot Yoga, Calisthenics, etc. Keep your body surprised and you'll see changes! :)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    yup waaaaaaay in that boat :) I'm pretty muscular and work out a lot so dropping has been quite difficult
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here is a guide for setting weekly goals based on how much you have to lose, but keep in mind you should also be eating back the cals you burn from exercise, incorporating strength training and getting enough protein to ensure most of your loss is fat instead of muscle:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.