Those who are not overweight but are still trying to lose

Options

Replies

• nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 3-5#, the last few are wayyyyy hard!!!! You can add me if you want! :smile:
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    you can add me. im 5'4" and 144. need to lose about 15 and after three kids its a rough go.
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's me, I think. Feel free to add me--I can use more support. :-) I was aiming to lose 24 lbs, and I've lost about 21, so I'm now in the average weight range. But I set a goal and want to stick to it, so I want to lose those last 3 lbs. I've worked hard and don't want to settle for less. But it is slow. Although my weight loss all along has been slow.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm trying to lose like 20.. how did you guys lose it? I think i'm not being patient enough...

Def be patient! I've lost 19.3 lbs (going from mid-normal to low-normal bmi) in a total of 8 months.. it takes a long time. Just make it a lifestyle and never give up!! 2.8 left to lose over here, feel free to add me!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Me too! I want to lose around 8-10 lbs, but it's difficult for me to eat 1200 calories every day and I think staying under those 1200 calories is the reason why I am not losing weight at all. On days when I work out I try to eat as many calories back but it's not always easy. I'm not sure what to do.. I just keep telling myself it's because my muscles are getting so heavy from all the running ;-)

DEF eat more calories. After reading a lot about it, I've realized that it's really bad that MFP always suggests 1200 for beginners. Try doing 1400 a day, I don't think anyone shoudl be below 1400 ever. Unless you're like 4'11" then maybe. You will still lose at 1200 but I think you will lose faster and be more likely to stick with the diet if you do 1400-1600.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Been stuck on the last 10lbs. I am @ a healthy weight range.
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was at my highest of 189lbs this time last year, I'm now at 136lbs, and I'm aiming to tone up, build up some muscle and reach 126lbs. So, yeah, for my height of 5ft 5, I'm within the 'normal' range. :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Pretty much where I'm at too. Actually if I can banish the belly fat and gain lean muscle I'd even be ok with a slight gain. I just want definition!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 125 for 6 months now. I am only eating slightly under maintenance (1500 cals when my maintenance is 1620), but the last 5 lbs are staying firmly glued to my waist.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I lost 17, and I'm going for 8 more!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I actually get kind of frustrated when I see people with well defined bodies, perfectly flat tummies talking about needing to loose weight

Everyone has his/her own path through life... don't waste your energy comparing your path to theirs. :heart:

Regarding the OP, my goal weight is actually smack dab in the middle of the recommended range for my height. Once I get close, I will refocus my efforts to firming and toning rather than straight up weight loss. Looking forward to getting there! :bigsmile:
  • quererespoder
    quererespoder Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    this is me!! i've never been overweight and was actually underweight 2 years ago. i gained like 10 lbs last year and im trying to lose most of them , i weigh 137 and i wanna get down to 127 (im 5'6). im mostly concerned about BF however cuz i'm satisfied with my whole body except for my midsection. its where the extra lbs show :( so yeah , you guys can add me for support
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i am not trying to "lose" i wanna get down to 7-8% bf, currently hovering around 9%. Of course I will lose 1 or 2 lbs in the process...
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've lost about ten pounds, and I need to lose three to five more... I might want to gain a couple of pounds of muscle, though.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I have 5-10 pounds to go yet. It definitely takes longer, the last pound i lost took 3 weeks. It is ok though, i am not in a race. I am working on becoming healthier, not necessarily trying to lose weight.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about weight and cut body fat instead. That is what gives you that flat tummy and a defined look. But follow eric's calorie deficit recommendations and aim to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories as well as lift heavy weights where you fail at 12 or less reps.

BTW, I am working on cutting my body fat by the last 4%. At 12% now, working to get to 8%

Perhaps stupid question: how do we measure body fat short of expensive tests (that I definitely cannot afford)? Just by taking waist/body measurements and have faith that we're losing fat?

I'm really okay with that (theoretically); I'd rather fit into my old pants than have a scale say I weigh. . .whatever.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm in the healthy weight range for my height, but I would still like to loss 15 more pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've lost 14lbs since joining this site in January, but I still have another 13lbs I'd like to lose to get to my goal. Anyone who would like to add me, feel free :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose another 10lbs in my legs & abs specifically so I can gain more lean muscle on...
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm just about down to goal, so well within healthy now, and am concentrating a bit more on lowering BF than weight now