Those who are not overweight but are still trying to lose

Options

Replies

• leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 10 lbs but am trying to lose another 5-8 and can't get any of it off! it's been around 6 months since i lost anything. it's frustrating. add me!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents, but if you are not overweight, you might want to focus on body fat % / lean muscle mass % or fitness goals :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stop worrying about weight and cut body fat instead. That is what gives you that flat tummy and a defined look. But follow eric's calorie deficit recommendations and aim to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories as well as lift heavy weights where you fail at 12 or less reps.

BTW, I am working on cutting my body fat by the last 4%. At 12% now, working to get to 8%
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Me! I kinda freaked out when I reached my highest (125lbs). I'm 5'3 and my goal is to lose about 15lbs. 110lbs is my normal weight, but I gained some by eating a ton of junk food. I just realized I gained wait when my pants stopped fitting and I had to buy a bigger size. I'm trying to substitute high calorie junk food with some lower calorie alternatives. Instead of regular icecream, I'll eat the weight watchers bars (110 cals). Just trying to incorporate more healthy foods, eating more vegetables, etc.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    There is a group of us in the same situation - not that heavy girls, I think it's called. Look us up.
  • jessnate0417
    Options
    I want to lose 10 pounds. I am within a healthy range as well. It's just not where I want to be. Feel free to add me. I would love the support as well. I have lost 2 pounds but feel as if I am at a stand still.
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    If you are in your normal weight range, why try to lose weight? I think people have the misconception that they need to lose "weight" when really they just want to lose "fat."

Start lifting weights and eating clean and you will see your body change dramatically while the scale wont change much. Take a look at my pictures at my most recent progress picture. I was 130 lbs in the first (Sept 2011) and 128.5 lbs in the last (March 2012). So I lost 1.5 lbs but look how dramatically my composition has changed.

:)
  • kelketchum
    kelketchum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I added some of you and later I will add the rest. I have not lost anything yet! It is going on a month of me working out and counting calories and nothing! It has only been like a half of an inch of size lost. I am so frustrated and not sure what I am doing wrong.
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I actually get kind of frustrated when I see people with well defined bodies, perfectly flat tummies talking about needing to loose weight
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've got 7 lbs left to lose...it's slow going for sure!
  • chelleyr9
    chelleyr9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am back and forth between 124 and 126. I am trying to get down to 120 (started at 138) and the last five pounds are not budging at all!
  • lmccallister
    lmccallister Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 20 pounds at first, but now that I got back into my "normal" weight range, I can't seem to lose anymore!!! And this has been stuck for two months now! I think I'm going to raise my calorie intake like some of the other posters suggested and see if that helps. I'm totally up for new friends, if you wanna add me. :)
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am on the border of average/overweight, so I would like to lose another 5 pounds to be more inside the "healthy range." And yes, it's hard to do when you are close to/at your close weight!

Same here. Crossed over the line at the weekend.

I decided to start more cardio to keep the drop going. I will see where it takes me.
  • monicayg
    monicayg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes.. . that's me.. been working on 10 lbs.. well now.... 9.5 for the past year..... ughhh....very frustrating...I do eat a lot of fruit during the day.. but like today.. that leaves me with only 300 cals for the rest of the day.... so I'm bummed...
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    About 5 lbs left to go! At this point I'm interested in toning my body. Feel free to add me, it's nice to have friends who are kind of in the same boat. We can motivate each other for sure ! :)
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose anymore... just tone up.
    I'm 5'4 and 120, you can add me if you want :)

add my friend too, shes tryin to lose weight and needs support:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/sydyohuff
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am on the border of average/overweight, so I would like to lose another 5 pounds to be more inside the "healthy range." And yes, it's hard to do when you are close to/at your close weight!

Same here. Crossed over the line at the weekend.

I decided to start more cardio to keep the drop going. I will see where it takes me.

I would suggest increasing strength training instead. Cardio is good for health but all it does for weight loss is allow you to eat more to have the same, small caloric deficit, and a regiment with a lot of cardio usually leads to a loss of a large % of lean muscle, not fat just fat.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Add me! I would like to lose 5-10 more pounds, I've been stuck hovering around the same weight for about 2 months now!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am in the healthy weight bracket for my height but I am trying to lose 16 more lbs to get to my UGW (120). Add me if you like. :-)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump