Question for the guys

Options
1235»

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I cook outside (grill), she cooks inside. She cleans up 99% of the time. She won't let me help! What a woman!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have a roommate and find myself doing most of the cooking. I usually clean up my dishes but my roommate throws her dishes in the sink (with paper towels still stuck to them)... drives me insane!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I cook 3-4 meals a day, nearly everyday.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think you should ask the women with husbands because all the lazy guys are not gonna answer this thread;)
    My husband always cleans up when I cook and vice versa, but I would say I unload the dishwasher more frequently. also, there are times when we are just cooking for ourselves and then it seems like those pans sit around longer. It's nicer when you have that-if I cook then you clean, but if I am preparing all my breakfasts and lunches for the week on Sunday it's a whole mess I have to clean up myself!

I feel you on this - but total opposite. I have a female roommate. She used to be good about it. But now it seems more and more like I have to do all the cleaning. It's starting to make me a little bitter.

Last night she took out the trash - but only because she said it smelled like "bad vagina"... lol. I know it is from the chicken package that was thrown away from the night before.
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My hubby does most of the cooking. I do the dishes and clean up afterwards. We are a team :happy:
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Can I have one of you guys?
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    I do most of the cooking. I love it. The clean up is more her than me.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i cook all meals and clean up, when my wife cooks its cold cereal.
  • sh3llz
    sh3llz Posts: 1
    Options
    MY girl is an "Iron Chef". She makes AMAZING meals.... I rarely have to cook because she loves it and LOVES presenting me with an awesome meal. I usually try to clean AS she cooks because she always makes a huge mess.. But then she just complains im in her way.. so i usually wind up cleaning up afterward.... AFTER, AFTERward..... hehe...
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I know it says for guys...but , I cook every night, he loads the washer...and puts away any left overs. We never really planned it this way and one of his friends asked him why he does that and he said its respect...if I put forth the effort to cook him a good meal at least 6 day a week...most of the time all 7, then he should put forth the effort to clean it up for me. :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    we share cooking duties but truthfully its probably 70/30 wifee cooks more. I do all the grilling... and the kids do cleanup. You want to eat tomorrow night, you'll clean up tonight is a common saying in my house.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I do almost all of the cooking. I absolutely love to cook and I'm fcking awesome at it. My wife is ambivalent about cooking so she doesn't do it very often. She usually does the dishes afterwards. I do all the grocery shopping - because I know what I need for the stuff I'm going to cook.

It's odd to me that there is a separation in a lot of these responses between grilling and cooking. I use my grills almost as much as my stove. At least one of them gets used two or three times a week. The smoker gets used a couple times a month but that's usually just on the weekends.