Firm fat vs. Jiggly fat?

Options
This is an embarrassing question...but I'll ask anyway:

Does fat change as you lose more? or is it loose skin?

I've noticed that my fattier areas seem to be less 'firm' and have gotten softer/more jiggly. Is that possible? thoughts?

my belly is grossing me out now..

Replies

• rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine has felt more jiggly also! I thought it was just me!? It has to be a good thing cause mine is getting smaller and the fat part seems to be lower around my waist.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    maybe we're losing "intra-muscular" fat first and then the "fat layer" between our skin and muscle second?
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just went from Jiggly, to jigglier!!! LOL curious to know as well though!!!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have always noticed that one of the first signs I am losing is that my fat gets more......loose. less firm. i get waaaaay more cellulitic and i hate it, but i know that once i reach the end result that will be gone.

i have no idea, but i always presumed it was a result of there being less fat in the cells.

either way, it is definitely a good sign for your fat to go jiggly! LOL, congrats I guess! hahaha.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this as well, I assumed it was from looser skin
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGRR888888888888888888888!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT! hahahah!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Omg...I thought it was just me!!

But lately, my "dimples" look more like "bullet holes".

It freaks me out....and I'm almost...ALMOST tempted to put the few pounds back on...because the fat just looks better when it's filled out.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGRR888888888888888888888!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT! hahahah!

.... you like it..... :laugh:
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was noticing a bit more jiggle than usual.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too, I defiantly see my fat get fattier before i get smaller, i took it that this happened just before my skin shrinks back because it's not all the time, so I've taken to being proud when my arms look flabbier than usual because then I think "I'm about to loss a cm there!!"
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I just had a body comp analysis done last week, and the exercise physiologist said she could tell I was fit because my flabby fat pulled easily with the skin. She said people who are not very fit tend to have their fat more "marbled" and it is harder to pull the skin away. I must have given her a funny look, because she said "just trust me on this one". So I think your fat does change as you lose weight and become more fit. Maybe my jiggly arms are a good thing?? :blushing:

ooohhh! yay! ok, so there is a bit of hope that it will eventually go away!

I also noticed that when I'm doing my P90x workouts, Tony has a bit of 'jiggle' in his arms...'grandma flaps'! hahhahahahha
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i have heard this as well! my belly is more jiggly and covered in stretch marks so it looks even worse but healthier is the closest way to get to where we all wanna be so keep on truckin:0) i think i will probaby have to drop my goal weight lower than i thought...time will tell
  • bodavian
    bodavian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have always noticed that one of the first signs I am losing is that my fat gets more......loose. less firm. i get waaaaay more cellulitic and i hate it, but i know that once i reach the end result that will be gone.

i have no idea, but i always presumed it was a result of there being less fat in the cells.

either way, it is definitely a good sign for your fat to go jiggly! LOL, congrats I guess! hahaha.

Ah! Glad to know I am not the only one getting more cellulite! What is with that? Just push through it and that will go away too?
  • marticapitt
    marticapitt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    From my dietician: When losing fat your body begins to break down the bonds between the fat cells to make them more available, that combined with losing the higher density fat cells that are the main causes for cancer and illness are the reason why your fat is more jiggly. In the end it is a good sign! It means you're losing fat, and lots of it. Think of it as a container, if you overfill the container it's very hard to close the lid, but you can manage to close it and it's at it's max, as you take some out of it the container becomes lighter but the same size. At one point though you'll have removed enough from the container to fit its contents into a smaller container, and that's when you notice the difference visually.

That's essentially how it was explained to me as well. While jiggly is uglier, it means your making progress. Then you need to put a bit of focus on toning up but you will with time.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i just started to tone...i was thinking the same thing! 8 pounds to go........thanks for the added faith:heart: