Firm fat vs. Jiggly fat?

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    you can do strength training to firm the fat
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    I just thought of all those times I cooked hamburger in a pan and left it out. You know, the grease goes from warm to cold and gets firm. Then, if you get it hot again it melts.

I just found a link if anyone wants to read it...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

EDIT: I just re-read it. It isn't that intresting.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    I know this thread is a year old, but I was sitting at my work desk and I was scratching at my tummy area (been having dry skin the past few weeks!) and I noticed my belly jiggling a bit. Before I started my weight loss (lost only 13 lbs so far, so I'm still new to all this) I had a more firm belly, firm with FAT that is, I carry most of my weight in my belly/boobs area, and my belly was so firm that I literally felt uncomfortable wearing jeans that weren't stretchy because I felt like un-stretchy jeans (yes, its a word for now haha) would force the rest of my firm belly up and I felt like someone was squeezing me to death... so I was wondering if my jigglier belly was a good or bad thing, so I'm so glad I found this post and hope that bumping it would help someone else too! Thanks for the info you guys shared! I feel relieved that the jiggly belly will later transform to smaller belly!!! :)
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Omg...I thought it was just me!!

But lately, my "dimples" look more like "bullet holes".

It freaks me out....and I'm almost...ALMOST tempted to put the few pounds back on...because the fat just looks better when it's filled out.

HAHAH I have felt that way in the past. This time I have gone to the point of no return with the weightloss and now I look like a shar pei (especially my *kitten* - I have no idea what happened down there all of a sudden its saggy and gone lol)
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Okay lol, how odd my fat is far from jiggly it seems to be firmer (as I get smaller). I skimmed the answers and most people seem to have more jiggle now?

I assumed firming up is just a part of slimming down?
  • Jessel0001
    Jessel0001 Posts: 24 Member
    has anyone who was writing about jiggly fat had theirs firm up? I lost 65 pounds about 4 years ago and I still have jiggly love handle areas. I've had by body fat tested and I'm under 10%. I'm sure many of you know how self conscious loose skin/jiggly fat can be.
  • that is an awesome analogy:)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    This is why we don't have nice things...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I believe I have lost visceral fat first, but have not moved the subcutaneous fat yet in the tummy area. Hence being jigglier. For health it's good news to move the visceral fat as that's what is associated to high blood pressure and insulin resistance.
  • Jessel0001
    Jessel0001 Posts: 24 Member
    This is why we don't have nice things...

^^^ Has no useful information pertaining to this topic. :drinker:
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Omg...I thought it was just me!!

But lately, my "dimples" look more like "bullet holes".

It freaks me out....and I'm almost...ALMOST tempted to put the few pounds back on...because the fat just looks better when it's filled out.

HAHAH I have felt that way in the past. This time I have gone to the point of no return with the weightloss and now I look like a shar pei (especially my *kitten* - I have no idea what happened down there all of a sudden its saggy and gone lol)

I had a deflated balloon bum a few weeks ago and have managed to fill it out by squats and lunges with or without weights they do work thank goodness!
  • misskaylag
    misskaylag Posts: 1 Member
    I was literally just noticing the same thing and am happy to know that I'm actually on the path to getting healthier/leaner!!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    My stomach feels really jiggly now and I'm hoping it's due to loose skin which will firm up! Definitely got less firm - really hope it starts to look better over time as it's pretty unattractive right now!
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    I know this post is old but it made me feel a lot better. Thanks everyone! I was literally in tears last night because my progress pics looked soso much worse!! I have been working my *kitten* off at bootcamp and keeping my calories under control. Funny how our bodies work :P
  • This is by far the best post I have seen lately. Saved my day. I am SO uncomfortbale with this jiggly tire around my waist but if it is for a good cause BRING IT ON:)
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Same here!! I keep thinking why the hell I'm not firm yet after 4 months of weight training, and I'm still squishy in the belly. Good to hear its just a phase and will get better :)
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago for exactly the same thing, my tummy area looks worse than ever, then it shrinks then it's keeps doing it. For example today I'm jiggly but was pleased on Saturday as was looking good, its like an emotional roller coaster....
    Was relieved to discover I was normal... agree with previous poster that it dies mean need to keep going now till it's all gone as not a good look although it does shove into clothes easier.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    ah....bad news....my thighs are no longer jiggling...meaning I am not fit? crying my heart out...:brokenheart:
  • Ednanaho
    Ednanaho Posts: 1
    So it's safe to say that my body is improving? I have been working out (cardio and toning), while eating a restricted diet, and yet my arms and thighs look flabbier and jigglier than before I started on this journey of losing weight. :noway: I thought I have been doing it wrongly...