Firm fat vs. Jiggly fat?

Options

Replies

• Arlindau
    Arlindau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I know about this because it has happened to me over and over. I believe it is related to yo-yoing. I never really get past the jiggly stage because I end up gaining a couple pounds back. With consistency, I think my body will start to shrink down to the size I should be with the muscle tone and the fat I do have left. It's the stubborn fat, I believe.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to weigh 200 or 250 if I thought the fat would fix the drooping, sagging *kitten* wrinkling I have weighing in the 120s at age 61 and I mean that sincerely.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My fat gets way more jiggly and loose as it's about to come off. When I notice it is super-loose, I know that I'm about to drop more pounds in rapid succession then I have been.

I actually start buying clothes in the next size down when it loosens up a lot.

What happens when I get thin is a mystery that remains to be solved. Looking forward to finding out.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My belly feels like a water mattress, I'm looking much better in clothes and much worse out of clothes. Buy I see it as progress. One annoying thing is my firm fat used to push my jeans out and now my soft fat makes a major muffin top but if I wear anything bigger it slips down.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You become less dense (at least in the fat department). Then it takes a little while for the body to catch up.

I have found it funny that I seem to lose weight without inches for weeks, then I will have a week where I don't lose any pounds, but everything seems to "retract"

This for me. I'll lose 25-35 pounds and no one will say a thing. Then a couple months after maintaining, compliments start coming out of the woodwork.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread got revived. I recently noticed my remaining belly fat looked really bad - the term "bowlful of jelly" came to mind - and it was discouraging. Now I can think of it an encouraging instead. Maybe I won't have to adjust my goal weight to get beyond it after all!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am happy am not alone, the fat on my belly, arms and thighs feels much smoother and more jiggly. I didnt mind but my thighs look really horrible - I hope it will be fixed by time.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You might be ready for one of the, ever elusive, whooshes? Since reading about this, I have noticed it happening.

Apparently water is stored in empty fat cells and then one day.....whoosh.

Honestly, it's a thing - google it :)
  • zodan1976
    zodan1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same!!! I thought I was crazy....LOL. But my belly is getting wrinkles, or dimples (my way of describing what I am seeing....LOL) plus I can see my stretch marks more clearly. Not to happy about that but hey.....I want this weight gone so guess I will just deal with it....thanks for posting this....gives me some things to think about and look up on my journey....
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When you have a lot of weight to lose, the fat detaches itself from the skin, and causes that loose droopy and saggy look. It comes because of both a small loss of lean body mass, and a firming of the muscles, if you're doing proper exercise. This drooping appearance is often confused with loose skin.

Loose skin does happen, don't get me wrong, but, the often huge amounts of loose skin that we see on shows, comes from a lack of fat burning, and detached adipose tissue lining the skin.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whoever revived this old thread, thank you. I have noticed this a bit too, especially in my stomach. Looking forward to the sudden drop in inches. I have seen the scale go down, and clothes fit better but inches are stuck and things are just more bumpy......This too shall pass.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    First the jiggle, then if we are not lucky (genes) comes the loose skin : (
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    You might be ready for one of the, ever elusive, whooshes? Since reading about this, I have noticed it happening.

Apparently water is stored in empty fat cells and then one day.....whoosh.

Honestly, it's a thing - google it :)

I need a whoosh on the inside of my thighs right about now. My legs have always been big but mostly muscular and I've never complained about them, but this bit I've got right now is unpleasant looking.
  • sarahjean70
    Options
    I hope this is true. I just about came to tears this morning looking at myself in a bikini... Ugh.

Not giving up though.
  • fitness2014123
    Options
    Thank you. I have the same issue.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this as well, I assumed it was from looser skin

That's what it feels going on to me too
  • peachcheeks2000
    Options
    Oh this is an awesome thread! I thought I was losing my mind! :) Thanks I NEEDED this information!
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This thread should live on forever! I've gained and lost many times over the years and the jiggle happened every time I lost. In fact, that was one reason I put off taking the plunge again. Because I knew there would be this uncomfortable phase. It just feels and looks worse-- even though its better! Oh well-- onward we go!
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    *bump*...I think I'm gonna need this thread...:happy:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    In for answers!!