Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A big slice of bread with watered sugar on top.. I know weird right :D

When we were kids, this used to be one of out favourite desserts - a slice of bread with brown sugar sprinkled on it and then sprinkled with milk. We loved it!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    MAYONNAISE SANDWICHES.

YUM YUM YUM.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    When we used to visit my mawmas, she would fix at least 10 different dishes. I used to pile everything on my plate and mix and mush it all together into a goopy mess. I was a weird child.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    A big slice of bread with watered sugar on top.. I know weird right :D

When we were kids, this used to be one of out favourite desserts - a slice of bread with brown sugar sprinkled on it and then sprinkled with milk. We loved it!

Lol.. then I'm not the only one.. I loved it too, but with a price after since it took a toll to my teeth that time.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    When I was kid my Mom made this excellent spicy chili and I would drink milk while eating it.

college age: Beer instead of milk in my cocoa pebbles. Tasty,

Mayo with french fries instead of ketchup. I still do it on rare occassions

Also, when I need aspirin, I will chew bayer aspirin on purpose, I just love the taste.

I do the mayo thing with fries (well, not anymore.) its delicioussss

It would be funny at restaurants, instead of asking for ketchup, I would ask the waitress for mayo in a little cup and they would have this weird look on their face.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would drink so much milk as a kid my mom would ration it to me.

Also, I use to hollow out the middle of a pickle and put a piece of ice in it.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

Isn't that too funny. I did the same thing. LOL I also used to eat bologna and grape jelly sandwiches. But my favorite of all was mint jelly sandwiches.... gross!!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I used to put ketchup on pancakes...my brothers dropped me on my head repeatedly as a child...I blame them for this one
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Also, I use to have this OCD about my food not touching but I would take a bite of everything in a clockwise motion.

On a more up to date note my fiancee eats her burgers with meat, cheese, bun and HONEY.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I used to sit in the bottom of the cupboard with my imaginary friend "Patrick" and eat chocoalte chips!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    At Sweet Tomatoes my sister and I would put huge piles of shredded cheese for the salads on our plates. Then we'd make "cheese balls" by mashing the cheese together. Seemed totally normal.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    Dipping hard boiled eggs in sugar instead of salt. Thought it was "normal" until I was about 10.

Yuck!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Crazy food habits I still have:

I usually eat all of one food on my plate before I go onto the next.
    My food can't touch each other.
    I love applesauce and rice mixed up together.

im the same way with the first two, it drives my hubby crazy! All the food on my plate has to be seperate and i eat only one food first and then move on to the next item.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Butter and pasta with nothing else :p
    I wouldn't chew the noodles, either.

I also used to love to eat just the seeds out of watermelons
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Ketchup sandwiches

Mayo sandwiches

I would put sugar in a bowl and put milk in with it

all of those are yuck today!
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bologna and ketchup sangies. So much ketchup that when you bit the sangie the ketchup oozed out! Mmmmmmm....my mouth puckers at the thought of how tangy it was! : /

I thought I was the only one!!! ;)
  • theostlerscat
    theostlerscat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How about this one, I used to eat mustard and black pepper and salt on Wonder Bread; "mustard sandwiches"! It was my thing... it grossed my mom out.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I used to sneak the cherries out of the Maraschino cherry jar....so sugary good....I still eat my daughter's off her ice cream sundaes if she doesn't want it
  • theostlerscat
    theostlerscat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cheese balls are AWESOME! And so are Wonder Bread balls. It is amazing how things taste better when they are smashed together; much better than with all the air in them. Oh, how about "ice-cream soup", you know, when you stir up the hard ice-cream until it is a soft-serve consistency. That is another great one.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So whenever I eat cookies with milk (this mostly applies to Oreos) I put a couple in the glass of milk and dunk the rest and eat them like a normal person. Then I drink the milk and the cookie's all soaked and falling apart and delicious.

Parents always said I had issues.