Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options
macnotes
macnotes Posts: 210 Member
I used to eat soft serve ice cream with pickles and fell asleep with watermelon Hubba Bubba in my mouth. Let's hear yours!

Replies

• LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Dipping hard boiled eggs in sugar instead of salt. Thought it was "normal" until I was about 10.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I was a picky eater as a real young kid. I didn't like chocolate, didn't like to try new things... Then all of a sudden that changed. I developed a biiig appetite and got fat. :(
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I really liked going to fast food restaurants not because of the food, but because I liked drinking those little coffee creamer cups like shooters...lol
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I used to eat croutons made soggy with cottage cheese and ranch dressing.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Lettuce leaf sprinkled with sugar and rolled up like a wrap - delicious!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i still eat my sides one by one and leave the main for last...
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tuna & peanut butter sandwiches.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    as a child my nickname was chipmunk. i would eat but keep food in my cheeks. ( friggin strange!!!!) Like did I think i wasn't gonna get fed again or something.
  • skowalska
    skowalska Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ketchup sandwiches!!
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use to eat the frosting out of the can... Mt mom always yelled at me because she would find the jar with a spoon in it in my room! I always had a stash of junk food in my room so my four younger siblings wouldn't get it!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    uncooked ramen noodles. just munched them like a giant cracker or cookie or something!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Wendy's frosty and fries! It's been a while, but mmm......its so good

cottage cheese and baked beans, mixed together. Then I would use that as a dip for my chips, yum

gummy candy, bears, worms, etc. I would lick then and stick them to windows and play out a little story, then eat them. I know gross right! my dad always said, "a little dirt never hurt no body" so I always ate food that had been dropped on the floor all the time too. my parents didn't care lol
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really liked going to fast food restaurants not because of the food, but because I liked drinking those little coffee creamer cups like shooters...lol

Yeah, I used to do this too.....

And I would take a slice of cheese, like the kraft individual serving in the plastic wrapper, and make a ketchup sandwich. With just the cheese and ketchup.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I didn't like melted cheese as a kid, or anything salty. Oh if only I had kept those preferences!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.
    I did this too. Except - mashed potatoes and corn. I mixed them together and topped with butter, salt and pepper.

OH! And I had to dip my McDonald's fries in my chocolate shake. HAD to! :-)
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    woh, you might be my long-lost twin!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Cheese Sandwiches heated up in a microwave.
    Not grilled cheese, but just cheese heated up haha
  • Swimmer2362
    Swimmer2362 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to by french fries at McDonald and dip them in the strawberry milk shakes and I also got one dollar once in a while and I would buy 10 Big Hunks ( candy was a dime then ).
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I used to steal equal packets or hot chocolate packets and eat them in the backyard secretly. Can you say sweet tooth?