Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i still eat my sides one by one and leave the main for last...

THIS

-and-

I ate peanut butter only sandwiches and ketchup with almost everything. It replaced almost all other condiments.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Cake mix straight out of the box.... always had a box hidden away in my room, would literally sit on the floor in my closet eating it with a spoon....
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    we would eat salt sandwiches, mustard sandwiches, katchup sandwiches, mayo with sugar sandwiches but my favorit was slice of bread with 1/4 inch sugar and moisten with milk and vanilla using a spoon to drizzel the milk. after doing adkins and losing 30 lbs once then quit I dove into the sugar sandwiches like crazy i couldn't stop it was scary not having any control and not knowing when or where it would end.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I used to get honey packets and coffee stirrers from the coffee shops, and suck the honey through, when I got bored. I did this until my mid-college years. My roomies and friends would always give me gifts of honey packets when they went to the coffee shop.
  • QueenChacon
    Options
    Liverwurst on toasted bread, yummers!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I was THE worlds pickiest eater. No meat except a hot dog...figure that one out.
    I took the cheese off my pizza or whatever topping was on my pizza off. Taquito's? Slide the meat out of it and ate the tortilla.
    No salad, no fish.
    My poor mom, drove her crazy. They were die hard meat eaters and we ate lots of Mexican food.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    potato chip sandwich

balled up white bread ( just ball it up and eat it, can't do it too long or it dries out )
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I used to make Dorito sammiches.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    my dad always said, "a little dirt never hurt no body" so I always ate food that had been dropped on the floor all the time too. my parents didn't care lol

You must have the immune system of an ox!
    True, I don't get sick very often, but when I do, its usually severe.
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I used to mix a hot cocoa packet with a little milk and eat it like that. Sometimes I would peanut butter or chocolate chips.

I also hated spaghetti and would just eat the noodles with ranch dressing on them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    potato chip sandwich

balled up white bread ( just ball it up and eat it, can't do it too long or it dries out )

I did the balled up white bread. Bread balls, I called it. Also, I would bite notches into dill pickles and dip them into V8.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    dipped my bread in grape juice? ...

leave it in a bowl with plastic over it, place under bed for a few days and.......viola ....jailhouse hooch
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Pasta sauce had to be BESIDE the pasta.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches
    And I used to pour milk on my plate after I finished my waffles/pancakes, so I can drink some milk-syrup.
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    microwave a flour tortilla for 15 seconds, coat in butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon! then you gotta fold it twice so u eat from the round part down to the point, which is the softest, sugariest, butteriest part!! hahaha sooooo good i'd eat like 3 of em after school!
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was THE worlds pickiest eater. No meat except a hot dog...figure that one out.
    I took the cheese off my pizza or whatever topping was on my pizza off. Taquito's? Slide the meat out of it and ate the tortilla.
    No salad, no fish.
    My poor mom, drove her crazy. They were die hard meat eaters and we ate lots of Mexican food.

Is there any meat in a hot dog? :-)
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    I ate nothing but cheese and plums for almost six months when I was a tiny kid.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    mayonnaise sandwiches

butter sandwiches

grapes dipped in BBQ sauce

I'd dip my retainer in the Tang jar :bigsmile:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    None of the food on the plate could touch each other.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my favorite meal, was a bagel, sliced in half, with 2-3 slices of ham, 1 slice of cheese.
    Then it has to be wrapped up in 2 paper towels (still attached, must place bagel in centre)
    fold in both sides & tuck them underneath & microwave for 60 seconds exactly.

if it was made any other way.. it was awful

i also ate salted crackers, in pairs, with one giant marshmallow in the middle, heated in the microwave
    (don't heat up the marshmallow with both crackers touching it.. put it on one, and leave the other cracker on the plate. or it will be disastrous)

i still eat my sides one by one and leave the main for last...

Me too. Except my eyes are bigger than my stomach, so i get all the crummy stuff & the yummy middle stuff is given to my still hungry SO
    Tuna & peanut butter sandwiches.

This kinda sounds amazing! I'm intrigued...