Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As a previous person said, I wouldn't eat anything if it had touched anything else. My older brother, on the other hand, used to mix EVERYTHING together until it was beige gunk. :sick:
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I USED TO TAKE THE SALT SHAKER AND SHAKE SALT INMY HAND AND LICK IT:embarassed:

MY GRANDMA USED TO TELL ME IT WOULD DRY UP MY BLOOD AND GIVE ME HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:huh:

I GUESS SHE WAS RIGHT....:bigsmile:

I AM ADDICTED TO SALT LIKE IT WAS CRACK OR SOMETHING!!!:laugh:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i hit puberty pretty quick so of course i got acne...i was convinced that sugar was the source of it so i quit ALL foods cold turkey with more than 5 grams of sugar in it. its the reason i HATE cookies/doughnuts/other dessert treats!!
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My different foods could not touch each other, and I ate all of one before I'd start another.

Just so! But then I moved to Texas in my early 20's and discovered Mexican food. All bets were off after that.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have two:

When I was in grade school, I used to love to mix my peas into my mashed potatoes. I was yelled at by one of my teachers when she was the lunch room monitor (YOU'RE GONNA EAT THAT) and I said, of course I am.

I would eat three plates of spaghetti at my friend's house (his mother was Italian). And then ask him to swing by Burger King for Whopper and fries before every football game.
  • busrider71
    Options
    Homemade french fries on bread and butter covered with ranch...now I'm hungry :ohwell:
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wendy's frosty and fries! It's been a while, but mmm......its so good

NOT WEIRD SOOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!
  • nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    A big spoonful of peanut butter with sugar on it! My Mom could never keep peanut butter in the house lol.
  • cnt21811
    cnt21811 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    warm a flour tortilla for 20 seconds in the microwave, smear on sour cream, sprinkle on season salt, roll and eat. I still get a craving for it now but I started that when I was 13.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All of these habits reminded me of eating kook-aid out of those little packets (no sugar in them) and drinking straight lime juice concentrate. No wonder I have a stomach hernia!

Oh about those little creamers, I would shake and shake them to try and make butter. Didn't work.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sugar sandwich. bread, butter, sugar......yummy

I was husky.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I USED TO TAKE THE SALT SHAKER AND SHAKE SALT INMY HAND AND LICK IT:embarassed:

I used to do this with salt too. And I'd stick my fingers in the butter and lick it off. What was I thinking?!
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    Dipping my McDonald's french fries in my ice cream...still do it :)
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my dad always said, "a little dirt never hurt no body" so I always ate food that had been dropped on the floor all the time too. my parents didn't care lol

You must have the immune system of an ox!
  • buffyslayerfan
    Options
    I have to agree with a handful of you, my food could not touch another food, and i would eat all of one before i would start another type of food. I now can mix peas or corn with mashed taters and a few other things, but I am not a picky eater at all, I love most all foods, they just still cannot touch one another.. If my dinner roll gets jello salad on it, I dont eat that part.. And i still eat all of one food before starting in on another. I am the only one in my immediate family who does this. YUP>> WEIRD!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i would put chips on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... and jelly on my scrambled eggs.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i used to melt cheddar cheese on a plate then just eat it
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mustard sandwiches. And hated pizza till I was 16, thought it was the grossest thing with all the ingredients mixed together on it!
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to dip my toast in tea with 4 sugars...I did that from the age of about 12 to 15! Now i have tea zero sugar!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Grab a glass of milk, a bag of Chips Ahoy, and a spoon. Go downstairs in front of the TV. Start depositing cookies in the milk and let them soak through. Continue until the whole glass of milk turns into a mushy cookie slush. Eat with spoon. Boy was that good.