Crazy food habit you had as a kid

Options

Replies

• jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip sandwiches. I'd eat them all the time!

I still eat one food item at a time, and still leave my favorite thing until last. Usually, that's the meat!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Nothing too crazy. My sister and I would eat jello mix straight from the package, just lick your finger dip it in and yummm!!!! :laugh: We aslo used to eat marshmallow fluff from the container.
  • sherryk5133
    sherryk5133 Posts: 106
    Options
    My brother and I were ahead of the times, back in the 70's we would get original Lay's potato chips and put a pickle slice in between 2 of them making a pickle/potato chip sandwich...Now days they have salt and vineger chips...I liked our version better!! :tongue:
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My brother and I were ahead of the times, back in the 70's we would get original Lay's potato chips and put a pickle slice in between 2 of them making a pickle/potato chip sandwich...Now days they have salt and vineger chips...I liked our version better!! :tongue:

I do the same with lays potato chips, the unrippled ones. & dabs of cold ketchup out of the fridge!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    And I would take a slice of cheese, like the kraft individual serving in the plastic wrapper, and make a ketchup sandwich. With just the cheese and ketchup.

I would get a plastic cheese...mayo and a slice of fake sandwich chicken to make a 'chicken and cheese sandwich' :D
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I used to mix a hot cocoa packet with a little milk and eat it like that.

my brother and I used to do this as kids...we called it "cold chocolate." (as opposed to hot chocolate, I guess?)
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am getting strangely hungry reading all these.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I loved egg noodles with cottage cheese and poppy seeds.

Mayonnaise and sunflower seed sandwiches.

Cream cheese and jelly sandwiches.

Cheese toast.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Cream cheese and jelly sandwiches.

i still do this! light cream cheese and sugar free strawberry spread. usually on toast though. helps with a cheesecake craving!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip sandwiches every day after school.

I used to scrape the cheese off my pizza and gut the insides out of my egg rolls.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My younger brother and I would get up in the middle of the night and try to make a sandwich the other one wouldn't eat. jelly/pickle, or peanutbutter and powdered sugar, nothing really gross as we had to eat it if the other one didn't, but seriously lots and lots of sweet in the middle of the night..

We had a similar one but a little different. We could give the other one something to eat, and they could smell, feel, listen to it, but they couldn't look at it until they figured out what it was (usually meaning ate it.). We were remarkably kind to each other (fear of retaliation worked wonders).
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Raw hot dogs as a snack.

Looking back now - that is just SO disgusting! Haha :)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't have a crazy food habit. One thing that I do though is if I have a sweet snack I feel like a salty snack after.
    I liked wholemeal sandwiches spread with dripping (lard) and sprinkled with paprika spice.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I used to eat butter. fingerfuls of butter. Mum would hide it way up in teh cupboard, so i learned to climb.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I really liked going to fast food restaurants not because of the food, but because I liked drinking those little coffee creamer cups like shooters...lol

Yeah, I used to do this too.....

And I would take a slice of cheese, like the kraft individual serving in the plastic wrapper, and make a ketchup sandwich. With just the cheese and ketchup.

EWWW. My bf's nephew gets sandwiches like that because his parents are lazy. Lol they just microwave them! I do have to admit a few bad things I did as a kid.

Once... I remember sneaking into the peanut butter jar and eating a HUGE spoonful. The problem was... which stopped me from doing that ever again... it was too big of a scoop and it got stuck in my throat! I remember freaking out while it took forever to dissolve thinking I was going to die!

I remember as a LITTLE kid eating cat food.

I used to stick my fingers into the tubs of butter, I can only assume its because I had first started with a tub of cool whip and didn't realize the difference! LOL

EDIT: I just realized another food I'd eat that some might find odd: Peanut butter with Marshmellow fluff sandwiches :D SOO TASTY!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    These are all so funny I am enjoying reading them.

I used to Hide behind the pantry door and drink the vinegar from the bottle.

still Love anything pickled.

My brother and I used have competition to see who could fit the biggest lump of jelly on a spoon and put it in the mouth in one chunk

I liked sliced apple in sandwiches
    and potato crisp sandwiches too
  • kirstand
    kirstand Posts: 76
    Options
    i remember pulling the crusts off white sliced bread and eating them, then squashing/shaping the rest of the slice into a ball and eating it...sometimes using more than one slice at a time.
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    My grandma used to make Ketchup sandwiches. Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Two pieces of break with ketchup between them. Loved them as a kid, but the thought of them now kind of makes me wanna barf
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I actually loved fresh vegetables, and refused to eat canned ones. Pretty weird for a kid.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    2 minute noodle sandwiches every day after school.