Question for all guys!

Options

Replies

• giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've answered this question before, but I'll state it again. Every stretch mark my wife has, she got from having the three girls that I love. They were the greatest gift I have ever received and my wife's stretch marks are a reminder of that gift. I love every single one of those stretch marks and the young women that they represent.

awww... well answered
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me feel fantastic!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I don't really care, I actually look for them. Particularly on the sides of her mouth.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    if they are from giving birth they will fade and you wont be able to notice them. just give it time. i know others will probably not like this response but tanning really helps as well. not spray tanning but actual in a tanning bed, tanning.

I'd rather a few stretch marks on my belly than wrinkled, puckered, leathery skin on my face.
    hasnt been a problem for me. :happy:

How old are you?

Just wait.

Unless you are very wealthy to afford multiple surgeies, you will all have the aging face. I feel I earned every wrinkle, crows foot and laugh line. You can tell by them I laugh a lot.

If I get them at 60, fine. If I have them at 30, not so much. Of course we all age, but we don't all look 20 years older than we are.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Only if they are around her mouth......

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

ohnoyoudidnt.jpg
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    if they are from giving birth they will fade and you wont be able to notice them. just give it time. i know others will probably not like this response but tanning really helps as well. not spray tanning but actual in a tanning bed, tanning.

I'd rather a few stretch marks on my belly than wrinkled, puckered, leathery skin on my face.
    hasnt been a problem for me. :happy:

How old are you?

Just wait.

if you cant guess my age then i guess i'm doing something right. i'll take my weekly tanning session and faded stretch marks any day over a bad attitude. :wink:

I don't have a bad attitude. I also don't have skin cancer or wrinkles and I rarely wear makeup. Whereas my friends who do what you suggest have to cake on makeup to hide wrinkles and several of them have had cancerous moles removed in the last few years. We're all in our early 30s. My best friend, who's 18 months younger than I am, looks 10 years older than I do.

I didn't want to guess your age because I didn't want to overguess and insult you, but I'd put you somewhere between 40 and 45, if you really want to know.

LOL you're too funny. I'm not going to resort to your level because I would feel bad being honest with you. Jealousy isn't a cute thing. Take care!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I'd definitely rather deal with stretch marks than skin cancer. Just sayin..
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    nope.
    An ex of mine has lots of stretch marks and we called them... Her TIGER STRIPES!

:wink: GRRR!!!
    Stretch marks do not decide who the person is. So no

Back-to-back superman's up above.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You can naturally develop wrinkles in your face as early as your mid to late 20s. To assume that you should have a smooth and wrinkleless face in your 30s or you are doing something wrong is absurd.

Genetics play a big role in how a person's skin acts through the aging process. I know a woman who is 43 who looks like she's in her 20s with no surgeries. She works out a lot, tans, and has very few wrinkles in her face.

I know women in their early 30s whose skin has already started wrinkling.

Granted there are things you can do to make this worse (smoking and tanning are typically considered two quick routes to this) but there are people who do both who don't experience this issue (again genetics)

Trash talking someone over age is about as pointless as it gets. We all age. No one is immune. It is the great equalizer.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying your statement. As an older gal I appreciate it. :flowerforyou: This is for rml_16.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    You can naturally develop wrinkles in your face as early as your mid to late 20s. To assume that you should have a smooth and wrinkleless face in your 30s or you are doing something wrong is absurd.

Genetics play a big role in how a person's skin acts through the aging process. I know a woman who is 43 who looks like she's in her 20s with no surgeries. She works out a lot, tans, and has very few wrinkles in her face.

Granted there are things you can do to make this worse (smoking and tanning are typically considered two quick routes to this) but there are people who do both who don't experience this issue (again genetics)

Trash talking someone over age is about as pointless as it gets. We all age. No one is immune. It is the great equalizer.

well put.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I don't really care, I actually look for them. Particularly on the sides of her mouth.

Ewww.... lol
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    no not bothered .....why should we !

Real woman and all that
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I'd definitely rather deal with stretch marks than skin cancer. Just sayin..

in that case, your profile pic is a bad example... you should stay out of the sun. it has caused more skin cancer then all tanning ever done around the entire world combined. :tongue:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

well put.

Well said. And there is no way marieautumn looks like she's in her 40's. That I find funny. I've tanned for years off and on. I'm 31 and been told by several people I look like I'm in my early 20's so tanning does not age everyone the same.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I just blogged about the things I hate about my body and my stretch marks are #1. My soon-to-be-ex hated them, so it's good to know not everyone feels the same way.

Wow! How about appreciating how hard you worked and all that you accomplished?!? and given the answers here, I'd say you'll have no problem finding someone that isn't a shallow crap bag!!
    Yeah, I know. Thanks.

Also, "crap bag" is now one of my favorite terms. I am going to have to find a way to incorporate it into conversations more often...
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    No she does not look like she is in her 40s. She looks more my age. I think it seems clear that that barb was thrown out of spite and it seemed to me to be quite petty.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    nope.
    An ex of mine has lots of stretch marks and we called them... Her TIGER STRIPES!

:wink: GRRR!!!
    Stretch marks do not decide who the person is. So no

Back-to-back superman's up above.

I spotted and appreciated the double superman post...Back on topic... I'm a girl,I have stretch marks...I've yet to meet a girl who has gone through puberty and doesn't have them! Most guys have them too. I don't care about mine,if people want to judge me on something I can't change that's their problem, not mine.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No.
    If I am with a lady and doing something that allows me to see her stretch marks then they are the last thing I care about.

Making her happy is the first and only.

Winner Winner chicken dinner lol
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    As a mother of twins... this thread makes me very happy. :wink: