How do you feel about Diet Soda?

Options
I've heard so many different views on drinking Diet Soda. How do you feel about it and why do you feel that way?

-- gatorgirlyyy

Replies

• mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i still drink it. i don't see anything wrong with it. i usually only drink a glass at dinner anyways. i say if you want some, drink some. it's certainly better than some of the other things you could be drinking (or eating) instead!
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many different views on drinking Diet Soda. How do you feel about it and why do you feel that way?

-- gatorgirlyyy

get set for craziness---

I drink 4-8 diet cokes a day. 12 ounce cans. I have for more than 15 years. Before that I drank Coke. Had to switch to diet as I went from a job where I walked miles of stairs every day to sitting on my butt. I have had none of the problems that you see scaremongers talk about with diet sodas. And I've had no problem losing 30 pounds in 5 months. Some people have claimed that diet soda causes spikes in your blood chemistry, etc. I've checked my glucose levels many times while drinking, before drinking, after drinking diet soda and my blood sugar changes the same as if I drink water.

Some people have bad reactions to artificial sweetners. They shouldn't drink diet sodas. Most people have no problems. Go with what works for you.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I feel that diet soda is bad for me because it tastes like *kitten*. That, and it doesn't go well with Jack.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Love them, but gave them up. I had an unhealthy relationship with them. 10-12 a day, sometimes more. I hated being so dependent on them from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. If I could be a moderate consumer, I'd do it because did I mention I LOVE them? But I can't. I don't feel different since giving them up physically, but mentally I am much happier.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    go with what works. personally any diet soda increases my appetite through the roof. i may treat myself to one in a pinch 1-2x/month and feel guilty afterwards. i figure i made so many great healthy changes in my life why would i continue to drink chemicals. to each their own. i know many elders who still smoke and never get cancer, just as there are 30 somethings fighting it. all our bodies are different, my philosophy is why chance it.
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    artificial sweetner is not bad for you. some people dont respond well to it but medically it is perfectly okay to take. that said, it has been proven that consuming artificially sweetened drinks/foods will maintain your sugar cravings the same way that eating sugared foods/drinks does. So, if ur looking for a healthy alternative to sugar, i'd say go for the artificial sweetners/diet sodas, but just be aware that you will likely still have sugar cravings.
    I dont drink diet coke anymore (used to drink 1-2 cans/day) because i've cut out almost all artificial sweetners because im reducing (quite successfully i think) my sugar cravings, to help make the whole healthy eating think easier.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It's better than drink full sugar drinks obviously. I am not bothered about sweeteners such as aspartame as there is aspartic acid in food too and greater concentration.
  • bmatsumoto
    bmatsumoto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    its my vice and i won't give it up. but, i do drink a lot of water daily - like 1-1.5 gallons a day so if i want a diet coke, i'll have it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Please see current avatar.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Slurp! Ahhh! I love it
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I used to drink it, but it gradually made me feel ill. Aspartame in general makes me sick. I get migraines and feel nauseous.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    i feel like IT IS DELICOUS and i have already had a liter of diet mountain dew this afternoon. this is not the norm though, i am pregaming for midnight hunger games. but yes, i do love me some diet soda.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yummy, and I think it is fine in moderation. Good hydration too.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Tastes horrible. I hate the taste of artifical sugar.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I feel that diet soda is bad for me because it tastes like *kitten*. That, and it doesn't go well with Jack.

Doesn't go well with rum either
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    tbh, i hate diet soda and i'd rather drink water. regular soda on the other hand...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i feel like I have a mouse in one hand and a dt dew in the other :) but i quit drinking soda completely when I lost all my weight now I drink it again ... its evil but i love it
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I only drink it if I have to belch LOL ya now if you get an air pocket that wont come out other than that I only drink water and wine and i've been known to hit the Vodka (my weakness) which I am trying to control oh I forgot Im a big coffee drinker too :)
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    who loves (diet) orange soda?!!
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    I don't drink it because of migraines. Aspartame and I don't get along.