How do you feel about Diet Soda?

Options

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I feel that diet soda is bad for me because it tastes like *kitten*. That, and it doesn't go well with Jack.

Doesn't go well with rum either

Or Tequila... Plus it tastes like *kitten*.

How do all you people know what *kitten* tastes like anyway?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I'm not that into soda, but I have a diet cherry coke about once every few months, they're pretty good. I was going to buy one today but decided to get a diet sprite instead--they're awesome! Tastes just like regular sprite. I wouldn't make it a habit of drinking diet soda daily because they're still very high in sugar.

uh ... diet soda doesn't have sugar.
  • 51tolose
    51tolose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I craved diet Coke mixed with soda water with plenty ice (think a cinema diet coke).

All the rest of the time I drink Sugar Free Irn Bru or normal Irn Bru (kicks Coke/Pepsi's *kitten* IMO). Probably about 1 glass a week. I prefer plain water, cordial or wine!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My blood bubbles with diet coke.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My own personal experience is that I can't tolerate anything with aspartame in it. I was addicted to Crystal Light and suffered from all sorts of delightful things - hot flashes, digestive issues, headaches, lethargy - I've been off of it now for about 1.5 years and it's made a HUGE difference. But that's just me.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think it is evil.
    Though I think most things with fake sugar are evil.
  • ThatCindyGirl
    Options
    i figure i made so many great healthy changes in my life why would i continue to drink chemicals. to each their own. i know many elders who still smoke and never get cancer, just as there are 30 somethings fighting it. all our bodies are different, my philosophy is why chance it.

Well said!!
  • adammartin1
    Options
    I enjoy diet 7up because it looks how it tastes. I drink diet Coke and contrasting the taste with the appearance creates the illusion of something being seriously afoul. Either way, I prefer juice or water.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not giving it up, studies are done at ridiculously high levels of ingredients that just do not represent true intake in humans.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My blood bubbles with diet coke.

:drinker: :laugh:
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    Diet Pepsi & I are good buds.
    Sometimes that's all I have for breakfast(all I have time for)
    So I'm kinda in love with diet soda. I've actually grown to dislike regular. too sweet.
  • santamommy
    Options
    I hate diet drinks but I love Coke Zero....I know there is a lot of controversy about artificial sweeteners but I love it anyway. I am sure if the truth was known you could find controversy in a lot of what people eat including medications. So, drink up and enjoy~ :drinker:
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I feel that diet soda is bad for me because it tastes like *kitten*. That, and it doesn't go well with Jack.

I beg to differ. Jack and Diet is one is my staples. Unless there is none around and then it's Jack and Water.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is my one true love and the one "food" (I see it as a snack, it feeds my need for sweets) that I don't have to feel guilty about. I crave carbs and eat a lot more food when I don't drink soda.

I'm still cutting back on it and drinking iced green tea too, since my stomach seems flatter when I drink less soda... :grumble: (don't like admitting this!)
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Haven't drank any in 4 months. ^.^
    I don't think i could drink it now without my stomach being upset. The only think i drink lots of is water.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm not that into soda, but I have a diet cherry coke about once every few months, they're pretty good. I was going to buy one today but decided to get a diet sprite instead--they're awesome! Tastes just like regular sprite. I wouldn't make it a habit of drinking diet soda daily because they're still very high in sugar.
    They have no sugar. That's why they are diet.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    diet soda= EVIL... fake sugar= EVIL. you drank soda because you craved sugar, diet soda and fake sugars coat your tongue and actually make you crave MORE sugar and since you didn't get the sugar you were craving when you had a soda you're more likely to go eat ie a candy bar to get that sugar you were actually craving
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I love Sprite Zero, and wish they still made Diet Fanta here in NZ. I know they aren't the healthiest choice and I do drink my water, but I like my diet soft drinks, and they make for lower calorie choices when I go out and want something alcoholic to drink.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I drink it occasionally.. only about 5 times a year.. I used to drink tons of it. I think it is unhealthy as a general rule but once in a while won't kill you. Most of the time if I want something fizzy i drink sparkling water with lemon
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    diet soda= EVIL... fake sugar= EVIL. you drank soda because you craved sugar, diet soda and fake sugars coat your tongue and actually make you crave MORE sugar and since you didn't get the sugar you were craving when you had a soda you're more likely to go eat ie a candy bar to get that sugar you were actually craving

maybe you are. I'm not. and even if I was, I have self control. personal responsibility. it's a thing.

(and I had a candy bar yesterday. still finished under calories.)