Lost 7 lbs since last Thursday by eating MORE!

Options

Replies

• lae1227
    lae1227 Posts: 30
    Options
    Bump! Thank you to everyone posting their great questions & awesome responses.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Great info!
  • bepositive79
    bepositive79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It is a bit shocking that you lost weight by increasing calories intake. But could you please let me know if you were taking protien rich food. Did you increase calorie intake in your dinner or lunch. Much appreciate your help.

Manny
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Awesome job to those of you who are upping your calories and doing it the right way! Helloitsdan's advice on the forums has seriously changed my life! He's a smart one! :) I just wanted to give you a quick update, since I posted I have continued to be a pound less EVERY morning with the exception of this weekend when I didn't go over by much but didn't eat GOOD food. It's important to fill those calories with HEALTHY food that makes you feel good! What's the point in all of it if you don't FEEL GOOD too!? Congrats again and thank you Helloitsdan for your advice! I wish they had some sort of an MFP BEST FRIEND award on here! You are definitely changing the way people think!

As I'm reading this, I'm saying "yes, thank you" it is about the quality of the calorie, not just the quantity! My problem is when I am eating the right foods, and I feel good, I can't hit my calorie target because I'm full and I will not force myself to eat when I'm not hungry, I've done that all my life! So thank you for saying this, this is the very reason I haven't been successful on other programs because I thought if I consumed the alotted points/calories for the day then that's all that I had to do, but that's really not the case, at least not for me! Seems to work for other people but not me! So cheers to you!:drinker: Keep up the fight!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Thanks for posting :)
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What's a TDEE
  • tray17904
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY EATING BACK EXERCISE CALORIES
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Very interesting.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    For those who say they can't eat their calories that they should:

I don't eat my extra calories back in "food", I use it by using olive oil on my salads, putting walnuts in my cereal, etc. Lost another 1.5 pounds this week. 141 pounds total. I now weigh 137. :)
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    It's nice to see that others are in the same boat and have good success with increasing calories. I have been doing 1200 calories and have not lost 1 lb in a week with excercising 5 days a week. I did the TDEE today just to find out I should be eating around 1574 calories a day. I am going to get in more tonight but definitely going to a minimum of 1500 as of tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great advice all !
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds in two weeks eating 1200 calories/day, then gained two of those back over the next two weeks. My doctor had actually told me that 1200 was plenty, so I was reluctant to increase it, but was getting desperate so I gave it a try. In three days I've managed to get those two pounds back off and I am really hoping it continues!! Who would have thought that you need to eat more to lose!

I told my doc I was eating 1200-1400 cals a week and not losing and she actually told me to up it to 1700. I'm nervous about it. lol
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    congrats! I love to rejoice in other's success
  • Edwinagail
    Options
    what does bump mean ???? (new at this)
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean ???? (new at this)
    It holds the quote in "My topics" so you can find it again. I'm new too.
  • trishka48
    trishka48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EoinMag
    EoinMag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish my friend in the Thai prison had known this when he was in jail there recently, he lost about 25KG in a few months from eating so little, strange that.

He put on 7KG in the week after he got out of jail...weird or what? I guess he started eating less again?
  • jjclark529
    Options
    I have a question....what if you don't have much to lose? Do you think you would still lose as quickly as some have by up'ing your cals? I have 12-15 pounds to lose.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!