no matter how much i try to deny it ...

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
.. like it or not, i finally have to admit it. I. Am. A. Runner.

Yeah, I ran track in high school. I never practiced and I won the crap out of all my races. I'd go to invitationals every year, but I'd usually get beat by a certain group of girl, but I digress...

I've ran a few 5ks, no problem. 10ks, meh. i'm not FAST, but i like to run em. (10k time == ~57-58mins, 5k == 25m)

And now i'm all back into my lifelong fitness love again, I'm running again. Except the first few miles SUCKS everytime. But then I hit mile 3, mile 4, and i'm LOVING it. I crave it. Weird.

So yeah, I'm a runner.

What are YOU?

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Lifter for sure. I hated lifting for years and years until I discovered compound heavy lifts. Now, it's all I want to do (well, at the gym, at least)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Haha I /was/ a cheerleader. But even then, I was a closet runner - I loved it, but refused to do it when told so. (6.5 minute mile from the girl who insisted on walking instead of running in gym class? Quite a shocker.)

Now, I'm hoping to run again. Like... I just NEED to.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i like to pick stuff up. and put it back down.......... DL's and squats all day for me.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Those are GREAT times comparted to mine!!!

I too enjoy running, although I don't consider myself a runner.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am a lifter and a swimmer. I did make a serious effort to try to like running.....I am not a runner!
  • SaundraU
    SaundraU Posts: 77
    Options
    Walker all the way.....I can go for miles and be happy but ask me to run and UGH I hate it :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I am a hiker and a biker. There are few places I love to be more than in the mountains hiking a good trail or going for a nice long ride. You can cover so much more distance in less time on a bike than running, no shin splints, and less impact on my joints.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Lifter/runner. Although I'm starting to love doing crossfit workouts so.... Maybe I'm in-between labels
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I am a hiker and a biker. There are few places I love to be more than in the mountains hiking a good trail or going for a nice long ride. You can cover so much more distance in less time on a bike than running, no shin splints, and less impact on my joints.

weird. you are a hiker?
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too :) I just love running and I love running in races and collecting bling, haha! I ran a half marathon and a 10K last month and I am registered for 3 more halfs so far this year and have a 10K this weekend. It gets addicting!

I'm also a yogi..err...yogini to be technical ;) I love yoga
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a body rocker. Body rock tv all the way.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I want to get back to running...but I hate it at the gym. I have to have somewhere to go. Being a single dad of 6 year old son makes it tough...but this year, we are going to get out more and he can ride his bike
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Swing dancer! It's the best.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I'm a runner, now. ;)
    I've been denying it. But I guess 5x a week running and looking forward to it makes me one.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

weird. you are a hiker?

I know, right! One would have thought I was using that handle as a misnomer, but it is true!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Been a golfer all my life. :happy:
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I think I'm becoming a runner. I use to hate it, even when I did track. Now I'm starting to enjoy it. (Although I enjoy it more when my foot doesn't kill every time!)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Race walker and biker. Cannot wait to get rid of the snow so I can bring out my bike.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Well in high school and college I did track...I threw shot put discus and hammer...and I would run when I needed to. I took a few years off from that world....but I am slowly getting back into throwing balls super far...and I have also started walking/running. So I am almost a runner....will be doing a few 5k's later in the year.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am becoming a spinner...I love the way 45 minutes of spinning will drench me with sweat like no other workout can (for me). I love how I will rearrange my schedule just to ensure I can make my class. I love how I look forward to spinning on a SATURDAY MORNING when I would usually be sleeping in! Yeah, I'm a spinner!