no matter how much i try to deny it ...

Options

Replies

• JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's those crazy endorphins . . . my body and I constantly fight about me running. It doesn't like the running (Iliotibial Band) and I never run on a regular basis for long I always end up pushing it further and injuring myself. (I can do it sometimes on a regular schedule if I only run 10 minutes max at a time) But I keep recovering from injuries and fighting back--like right now, I may be slow but I seem determined to do it.

I'll go for a walk and its like suddenly WHAT? why are you running??

I may look like a chugging tortoise to most but on the inside I feel like a SOARING EAGLE!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm a driver and a winner.

Things are gonna change, I can feel it.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I lift things up then put them down....

^^I to do this. I repeat that process until I'm exhausted.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Runner but I'm learning the importance of picking things up and putting them back down as well.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I am a hiker and a biker, unfortunately since we moved to the Midwest I haven't had many hiking opportunities. This West Coast kid misses her mountains.

When indoors, I walk high inclines and no hands on the treadmill either. I have discovered that I like boxing, spinning and lifting.

I really tried to get into running, but I can't get the breathing down. It could be the asthma. **shrugs**
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I'm the king of Badassery.

Well then...I am the queen of badassery!!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Aikidoka :P
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to deny being a runner. I think more than anything, I'm just competitive. I like running, because it's easy to set and shatter new goals. I can't wait to do my inline skating half-marathon in June, because I'm going to KILL it!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I like to hurt. When I exercise, I like to feel a burn, I like to sweat, I like to feel like I am dying. I take all the morning classes at my gym, and die every time I go, but I die with a little less effort each time.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Took me two years and 5 (yes 5!) 1/2 marathons before I could admit to myself that, "yes, I am a runner!" :laugh:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    at 3 miles, something happens to me too. I pass out
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    ...I'm a mom.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I hesitate to call myself a runner. I hated it my whole life but now I really love it and constantly look forward to it. I started in November. I've run 2 5ks (haven't been able to break 26 minutes) and am signed up for a 10K at the end of April. I run 3 times a week and one of those runs is a short 3 to 4 mile, one I try to go a little further than I ever have, and the other is whatever I feel like that day. This week I did 6.2 Monday, 5 Wednesday and 3.15 today. When I finish a (long) run or shorter run that is faster than I have done before I feel like I just did a line of blow. It's freakin awesome. I'm starting to get intrigued by the idea of a half-marathon. Maybe after I run one of those I can be considered a runner.
  • brittni127
    Options
    Swimmer and I enjoy hiking. I live in the perfect place for it
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Hiker. I can't wait to get out on a trail. Getting to the top of a mountain is the ultimate high!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer.

For the longest time, I doubted myself. I set up mental barriers between me and my goals -- distancing myself from any possible achievement with every passing thought. I allowed myself to believe that everything was impossible because I was not "fit" enough, "strong" enough, or "capable" enough.

Then came the day where I grew tired of sidelining myself. Life isn't quite as exciting when you're just living it as a spectator sport.

Guess what?

Not anymore. I now know that if I want to accomplish something, all I have to do is work for it. I find joy in pushing my limits and inching my way day-by-day , pound-by-pound, mile-by-mile to every last one of my goals

I have no limits -- everything is all mine.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Five years ago I never would have thought I would call myself a runner but......I'm a runner (but I still have a hard time considering myself an athlete :wink: )
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner, but aiming for race walker. :D
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to turn into a Runner - I walk a lot, but I started running little bits of the route, and the "bits" are getting longer. So I decided it would be smart to have proper running shoes instead of just using the walking shoes and today was the day! I did go to a specialty store for proper fitting and will test them for a while this weekend to make sure they're going to feel good. I'm a shoe-aholic anyway, so pathetically excited about this new footwear - hopefully the excitement will help inspire me to run more and walk less!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'm a driver and a winner.

Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

damn it. you totally beat me to it.