The healthy 'ice cream' love it.

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Healthy ice cream sucks. Give me the real thing any day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Their cookies and cream pint contains:

Cookies & Cream:
    INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, CHICORY ROOT, DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER WITH ALKALI, GUAR GUM, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT CONCENTRATE.

For a 'food substitute' I'm rather impressed. It's not chock full of crap I can't pronounce as most are...

Thanks for the info, OP!

ETA correctly spelled word. :P
    Yes, but it has "natural flavors" in it, which is basically ingredients list code for highly processed chemicals. The only difference between "natural flavors," and "artificial flavors" is the fact that the components of the natural flavors have to come from a natural source, while an artificial flavor can be artificially created. If it wasn't classified as a sweetener, aspartame could actually be labelled as a natural flavor, since it's source components are derived from nature.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    someone's reactions here wasn't so groovy.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.
    dont listen to this! i am glad you told me.. ive seen it but never looked closely! im going to buy some at the store today!
  • drmnofsun
    drmnofsun Posts: 10
    Options
    PEELED! PEELED! Not UNpeeled bananas! The first time I made the fluff I didn't peel the bananas first and it was such a pain. I was trying to emphasize the "peeled" part and screwed that up! Ha! Ha! Sorry! Please PEEL your bananas before you freeze them. TGIF!
  • FrancineC514
    Options
    I had gelato (1 scoop) from Whole Foods today. It was beautiful out in NY today and it felt so right :tongue:
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    That Arctic Zero stuff isn't worth the effort of eating it. I think the container might taste better. Now the Stonyfield NonFat Organic Frozen Yogurt in After Dark Chocolate? I'd cut ya for that.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    PEELED! PEELED! Not UNpeeled bananas! The first time I made the fluff I didn't peel the bananas first and it was such a pain. I was trying to emphasize the "peeled" part and screwed that up! Ha! Ha! Sorry! Please PEEL your bananas before you freeze them. TGIF!

thanks! and yes! TGIF woohoo!!!
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I went out to get it....it is not ice cream...and the flavors, for me, had weird after tastes. I'd rather have frozen yogurt
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    how is the ben & jerrys greek stuff? been thinking about trying it

It's really good! :)
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    Have to remember to see if I can find it in the store. Thanks!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I really, really wanted to like it, but just didn't. Pitched it.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Healthy ice cream sucks. Give me the real thing any day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

this is the truth.

I have some blue bunny frozen yogurt stuff now that isn't bad. but otherwise? just eat a cup of regular ice cream. I promise, it won't bite back.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Interesting how our taste buds are all so different. I haven't tried this, but i don't expect it to taste like "real ice cream", i expect it would taste good enough to eat and something that could satisfy me and keep me from eating the good stuff more LOL. I'm going to try the banana thing. I did do a banana with an avocado and some sugar as a "healthy ice cream", but of course the cals in that aren't good for my goals now LOL (it does taste really good though, crazy!).

I eat fudgecicles. 40 calories, tastes fine to me, satisfies my urge and if i had to have two, i could LOL
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Just another option- My cousin introduced me to frozen mango chunks. (I got them from Trader Joes). I'm not even a mango fan but for some strange reason these little bits of awesomeness- kept at room temperature for about ten minutes- partially defrost to an ice cream like consistency. Might be a good fix if you are over the banana or forgot to freeze some. The frozen almond milk idea sounded fantastic also! Thanks for the share!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Haha you guys are funny :) but thanks, i'm totally going to try those banana "ice cream" recipes! maybe i can save a few bucks. :)
  • JESSIEGIRL0
    JESSIEGIRL0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OK, agreed, but you are calling it healthy. Low calorie doesn't automatically equal healthy.

This site is supposed to encourage healthy living and eating. She's just letting people know their options, she's not forcing you to go out & buy it, so chill out.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    frozen banana, choc protein powder, blender, eat straight from blender -Healthy icecream

yummmmmm!! I eat it all the time and I LOVE it :love:

I apologise if these are stupid questions, but does the banana have to be a certain ripeness? And #2, should I peal it first before freezing? Your idea sounds AMAZING.... I'm SO gonna try it!!

no not stupid at all.. the banana is best if it is ripe but not fully ripe if that makes sense lol.. I have made it with just yellow bananas and I like it either way.. you peel the banana and cut the banana into 1/2 inch peices and then you put it on a plate and stick it in the freezer for at least a hour ( I do mine overnight) here is a step by step recipe for ya ..http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
    I hope you love it a much as I do because it has saved me ALOT of calories because I LOVE ice cream hehe!:bigsmile:
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Man I wish they sold that in New Zealand!!!