Ideas for quick high protein breakfast

Options

Replies

• aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cooked quinoa, top it with spinach, tomato; crack two eggs on top and sprinkle it with some black pepper and throw it in the oven until the eggs bake! It's one of my favorite easy go-to meals actually!
  • goodmannmom
    Options
    I had quinoa, sardines and a salad with lemon juice on top.
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    what does bump mean? ( aka, eating more calories?)
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    Bump is so the post is back up to the top of the list. :)

I always have a protein shake for breakfast, I'm doing Body By Vi so I use almond milk, 2 scoops of my protein shake mix, and then in the morning I usually just add 1 tsp instant coffee and some ice, blend it up and I have a 125 calorie iced latte. I think you could do the same thing with any kind of protein powder though, and add in whatever you'd like. Today I'm having almond milk, shake mix, 2 TBSP sugar free fat free pudding mix, 1/4 tsp mint extract and 4 ice cubes. 145 calories and it tastes like a milkshake!
  • floridacracker1830
    Options
    A list of high protein foods -- cottage cheese - surprisingly high in protein per quantity; greek, fat free yogurt is smooth and tasty and higher in protein than reg yogurt, mixed with fresh fruit/berries is esp good; eggs scrambled with cheese increases protein and takes significantly less time than also cooking meat; low sodium roast beef from deli is expensive, but added to a cheese omelette cooks up quickly and dramatically increases protein count; tuna packed in water with low fat mayo or reg mayo and crunchie such as celery make quick, high protein breakfast; buy fiber one pancake mix, high in fiber and protein, cook ahead and warm up for breakfast, spread with peanut butter or cream cheese to make even more protein or just eat with berries or eat with syrup; handful of nuts; boiled eggs...and on and on and on. google high protein foods.
  • Lifelive
    Lifelive Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am trying that receipe.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    hard boild eggs
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You could always get almond milk and add protein powder for a quick shake.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    -hard boiled eggs
    -scrambled eggs or omelets with meat and/ or beans
    -smoothies, fruit, or whole grain toast with peanut butter
    -Greek yogurt
    -almonds (can add to oatmeal, cold cereal, or yogurt)
    -cheese
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love this very versatile pinto bean dip - you can put it in a tortilla or have it with flatbread or crackers or just on its own..

Ingredients

1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
    1 clove garlic
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    1 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1 tablespoon butter, softened
    1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions

In a blender or food processor, blend the pinto beans, cottage cheese, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, dill, butter, and seasoned salt until smooth. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.

I got it here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pinto-bean-spread/detail.aspx

I cook the pinto beans overnight in my crock pot with beef broth.
  • bloodguilt
    bloodguilt Posts: 126
    Options
    BUMP
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Cooked quinoa, top it with spinach, tomato; crack two eggs on top and sprinkle it with some black pepper and throw it in the oven until the eggs bake! It's one of my favorite easy go-to meals actually!

BUMP!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Another fan of protein shakes here. I have one every day for breakfast. One scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter, a handful of spinach, ice. It comes in under 300 cals and keeps me full until lunch. It's the only thing that does that. All other breakfasts leave me hungry after a couple of hours and leave me hunting for a snack.
  • Jeff0416
    Jeff0416 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites from (2) boiled eggs and (2 slices) of Canadian bacon every morning. I will boil a dozen omega-3 eggs on Sunday so they will be ready for a quick breakfast every morning during the week.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bump is so the post is back up to the top of the list. :)

I always have a protein shake for breakfast, I'm doing Body By Vi so I use almond milk, 2 scoops of my protein shake mix, and then in the morning I usually just add 1 tsp instant coffee and some ice, blend it up and I have a 125 calorie iced latte. I think you could do the same thing with any kind of protein powder though, and add in whatever you'd like. Today I'm having almond milk, shake mix, 2 TBSP sugar free fat free pudding mix, 1/4 tsp mint extract and 4 ice cubes. 145 calories and it tastes like a milkshake!
    Sounds yummy; I had forgotten about adding instant coffee to my shakes! What does the pudding mix do?!
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think this is the hardest thing to find on earth... egg whites and meat are the only options I know of... Protein bars are loaded with Carbs.

Carbs arent so bad in the morning if they arent simple. Like Real Oatmeal the kind that comes in the tube.
    Take forever to digest and has tons of fiber and just the right amount of protein. If you really want to kick it up add a scoop of protein powder.

The thought of eating tuna or just meat for breakfast isnt very appealing to me.
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    bump
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like GoLean cereal even on itsown but some ppl can't handle dry cereal!! some whole grain bread (I like orowheat healthnut) with peanut butter and banana is good...
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Marking for later.

Everything I would have said has already been mentioned, but there are really good ideas here.