Options
    Thanks for the great ideas! :happy:
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kcharlton17
    Options
    My new fave is "Overnight Oatmeal. Won't be to everyone's taste but I'm really enjoying it.
    1/2 c oatmeal (not quick cooking)
    1/2 c fat free greek yogurt
    1/3 c fat free milk
    1/2 c fresh strawberries (or any un-sweetened fruit of your choice)

Mix all ingredients in a container, cover and refrigerate overnight (or a min of 30 minutes) and eat. Mine are about 260 calories but yours may vary depending on your ingredients. Also, it makes quite a bit so if I'm saving calories for dinner I'll just make a half batch.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    What about edamame - aka soy. Full of protein, no lactose, and nicely crunchy. :-)
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean?

usually on forums it's used to bring a neglected question to the top for attention.

On here it appears to be used mindlessly to push topics of interest to the top, even if they were just commented on 5 seconds earlier. Mental.

Also, it saves the topics in your topics so you can return to them later.
  • Fierce4summer
    Fierce4summer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • micheledarling
    micheledarling Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i often eat turkey or chicken sandwiches for breakfast with low cal bread and light mayo. can add lettuce and tomato etc.if you like
  • kevincowart
    Options
    Chia-Chard Green Breakfast Smoothie

Soak 3 Tbsps of Chia Seeds over night in 2 Cups of water in the refrigerator.
    In the AM blend for 2 Mins on high until you have a creamy white milk.
    Wash and cut two Chard leafs and add, cut off the stalks and freeze them for vegetable stock later
    And 4-5 Ice Cubes to taste.
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bump also puts it in your recent forum posts on your profile.
    So many people are "bumping" so they can refer back to the article by using that recent forum posts list instead of bookmarking.

I'm averaging 20 - 35 without adding breads or grains right now. That comes in 2 weeks or so and even then it will be limited.
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The carbs I am getting are from eggs and black beans. I have serveral different types of vegetables (greens mostly) but other than spinach, I would be hard pressed to have them for breakfast.
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I go for poached eggs with steamed mushrooms and spinach on the side - yum!!!!
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me... I'm doing 15g carb max a day but I'm allowing myself a select few cheeses. I'm sure you're very well read on the low carb diet topic too and the variety starts to lessen a bit. I'd try to stay away from soy, I've heard that for males soy is actually not very good? I've actually found some great recipes for the Atkins diet induction phase - everything is extremely low carb, high protein, and can be as lean as you want... a lot of them will use cream cheese, but there are other options out that you could look into. I'm sure you could find something.

A low carb lifestyle requires a little research or else you're going to burn out and get bored - good luck!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    wholegrain bagel toasted with peanut butter and nutella is one of the reasons i love strength training days :D (same protein content as i get with my 2 eggs on normal mornings)

also love smoked salmon with the scrambled eggs.
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    wholegrain bagel toasted with peanut butter and nutella is one of the reasons i love strength training days :D (same protein content as i get with my 2 eggs on normal mornings)

also love smoked salmon with the scrambled eggs.

How is a bagel considered low carb?
  • ashley67203
    Options
    Tuna salad - on rice crackers if you can spare some carbs or just plain out of the bowl or spread on celery sticks. Not very breakfasty but a nice change from eggs.
  • aotto87
    aotto87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    make an egg casserole at the beginning of the week and heat it up every day.

My typical egg casserole:

1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
    10 large, pastured eggs
    8 slices of nitrate free bacon
    shredded carrots, zucchini, some spinach or whatever veggies you like
    splash of cream or coconut milk, or water could work

1.Preheat oven to 350 and grease 13x9 pan with coconut oil
    2. whisk together eggs and milk or water. Stir in veggies.
    3. Pour mixture into greased pan and line top with bacon.
    4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs are cooked. You may want to blast the top with the broiler to get crisp bacon.

Variation: use jones all natural breakfast sausage or their canadian bacon. The calorie count varies depending on what you choose to put in, but it usually makes 6 servings that are about 300 calories.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal/protein powder crepes... lots of recipes out there - I like to fill with meat...

I love these peppers http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/damn-hot-peppers-recipe/index.html topped with eggs, you can add the meat or sausage of your choice. I usually add cheese but you can leave that out. I make this at least once a month.

I have not tried it yet but there are lots of recipes for a savory tofu cheese cake that sound interesting...

and of course nothing beats steak & eggs with a side of veg!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    bump
  • moonee1
    moonee1 Posts: 1
    Options
    two slices of sourdough bread
    avacado as spread
    tomato slices
    poached eggs
    smoked salmon slices