Ideas for quick high protein breakfast

Options

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like GoLean cereal even on itsown but some ppl can't handle dry cereal!!
    Oh, boy, love eating it like this! It's like a bowl of candy or popcorn to me :)
  • eidmomma
    eidmomma Posts: 5
    Options
    you can also do 6 egg whites
    3 oz chicken breast diced
    1 1-2 ounces fat free parmesan cheese
    basil

cook the chicken and dice it up and scramble with the rest,

320 cal
    6 g fat
    49 g protein
    16 carbs
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I scramble eggs and a chopped up ham steak. I actually make 3 days worth at a time ( 9 eggs with 1 ham steak) and just reheat in the microwave.

I also eat an Atkins Bar (like the chocolate PB crisp bar or cranberry bar) and an Atkins Shake.

Both the eggs/ ham, and bar/ shake are Low-Carb and are 300ish calories. The Atkins stuff is made with soy.

I've also seen a recipe where you can make a crustless "pizza" layering cheese and pepperoni in a pie pan, and then whisking 5 or so eggs and pouring over top. Bake til the eggs set.

Kashi Go Lean Puffs is the LOWEST carb cereal at 8g a serving.
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    Bump is so the post is back up to the top of the list. :)

I always have a protein shake for breakfast, I'm doing Body By Vi so I use almond milk, 2 scoops of my protein shake mix, and then in the morning I usually just add 1 tsp instant coffee and some ice, blend it up and I have a 125 calorie iced latte. I think you could do the same thing with any kind of protein powder though, and add in whatever you'd like. Today I'm having almond milk, shake mix, 2 TBSP sugar free fat free pudding mix, 1/4 tsp mint extract and 4 ice cubes. 145 calories and it tastes like a milkshake!
    Sounds yummy; I had forgotten about adding instant coffee to my shakes! What does the pudding mix do?!

It thickens it up, adds flavor and also makes it a little sweeter. I love it! Oh, and I used chocolate pudding today, but you can use whatever kind you like. :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump...I need some ideas for breakfast...I usually just have coffee...

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • paigedwatson
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every morning, but if I'm in a hurry I fix a protein shake! I use Jillian Michael's Chocolate Protein Shake with a tablespoon of Better'n Peanut Butter. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk to cut the calories a little bit and add 3-4 ice cubes. But typically I eat 1 cup of egg beaters and turkey bacon with a piece of whole grain toast and PB.
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Eggs with smoked salmon. Gives the saltiness/smokiness of bacon but quicker/easier.
  • I make egg white "muffins" on Sundays so I have them all week. I basically clean out the produce bin and chop up whatever I have - usually peppers, mushrooms, spinach, onion, etc. Saute in a tiny bit of olive oil. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Divide the veggie mixture up between the muffin cups and pour in egg whites (I use the ones in the container). Sometimes I add chopped up cooked turkey bacon or veggie sausage, or even cooked ground turkey. They are pretty low cal (around 70 cals each) and definitely high in protein. I bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Once they cool, I store in a ziploc bag or container in the fridge. Microwave for 1 minute to heat up in the morning. Hope this helps!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Try mexican chorizo in your scrambled eggs, it has a pretty different taste to most sausages. They have healthier options in some stores like safeway, made with ground turkey or soy. Even if you go for the traditional kind, you dont need much of it to add a good flavor to the eggs :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean?

usually on forums it's used to bring a neglected question to the top for attention.

On here it appears to be used mindlessly to push topics of interest to the top, even if they were just commented on 5 seconds earlier. Mental.
  • KimberlyB32
    Options
    I love jennie-o 93/7 ground turkey. cook 4oz of it up with some herbs (21g pro) wrap it up in a tumaros low carb salsa tortilla (11g carb, 5 g pro) with some onions/peppers and a wedge of laughing cow creamy swiss cheese (2g pro). I love this any time of the day. make the turkey ahead of time and you would have a very quick breakfast:) Best, Kimberly
  • ThisIsMe_sbd
    ThisIsMe_sbd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    NO DAIRY? :frown: :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:

outside of bacon/eggs/dairy, and something is quick, I got nothing

:huh:

oh yeah, nuts!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    NO DAIRY? :frown: :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:

outside of bacon/eggs/dairy, and something is quick, I got nothing

:huh:

oh yeah, nuts!

I know... :frown: For the time-being no dairy and limited carbs....
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump also puts it in your recent forum posts on your profile.
    So many people are "bumping" so they can refer back to the article by using that recent forum posts list instead of bookmarking.
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    These are good ideas but if I'm not mistaken, what OP was looking for in the beginning, was high protein low carb... and a lot of these have a moderate level of carbs (maybe you could tell us what your daily allowance of carbs is??). It all depends on just how low carb you want to go. I know for me right now on my low carb diet things like fruit, yogurt, and bread are no-nos.

Maybe be more specific OP?
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein powder,1.5 cups water, 3 frozen strawberries, tbsp. peanut butter, ice....blend and enjoy! Delicious!!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, almond butter, and a little berries

I often drink a smoothie with avocado, goat milk protein (caprotein), and coconut milk
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Scrambled firm tofu with nutritional yeast...DELICIOUS! With some veggies and greek yoghurt.
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Scramble 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites for 191 calories. Add broiled salmon (I make this twice a week and there are usually leftovers) 3 oz adds 127 calories. Add half serving of feta cheese for the final 45 calories. Then I put spinach and tomatoes in - sometimes mushrooms. The total calories is just under 400 calories. Can remove one yolk or use less salmon to adjust calorie intake. Season as desired.