"Lost 100lbs & found out what the world thinks of fat ppl"

Options

Replies

• greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written and inspiring... Thanks for sharing..:)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. I really enjoyed reading that.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Judgement! This is the problem. We all tend to judge not just fat people but anybody that isn't 'normal' to OUR standards. If we spent that much time trying to be nice and have love for one another as we did judging people we'd be much better off!

Loved this. Very well said.
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    This was a great story...I on the other hand was found "too skinny" and people joked about me all the time in highschool. It to this day sticks with me and I always am reminded about how cruel people can be. I was one who was friends with anyone no matter their size.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I found out what the world thinks the other way around. I was 120lb-ish for most of my life, so I heard all the comments about fat people from people who wouldn't have said the same thing to me if I'd been fat. It is scary how much a lot of people look down on fat people.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amazing story told beautifully.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Bump to read more comments later. Absolutely spot-on article!
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow....very well written!!! Good Job.
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, what a great story!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a couple lady friends who basically fight over who is skinnier, like it's the end all be all to being pretty. I am not obese, but I have been called "thick" and "curvy" all too often. Even after losing 20+ pounds I am still somewhat overweight. Even though these girls are my friends, I know they don't think of me as an attractive woman because I am not super skinny like they are. My favorite thing ever was showing them a picture of my incredibly hot boyfriend. Not to brag, but he is the most attractive guy I have ever dated or even known. I am super lucky he likes voluptuous women. Of course he is a great guy all around, but dang is he sexy! Everyone agrees. When I showed them a few pictures of him when we first started dating, they were upset. Shut the front door kind of reaction. They couldn't believe that a girl like me could land a guy like him. They talked about how it's not fair and one even asked if I just pulled a hot guy off the internet, etc... It was pretty insulting, but I also felt a bit vindicated. People with bad personalities who are superficial and only care about looks would never land a guy like him. They wonder why they can't keep a guy or even get a decent one to seriously date them. Just because you are skinny, does not make you pretty. It's what inside that matters most. Keep your good hearted nature alive.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything moral or immoral about what we're attracted to. It's hard-wired into us. If my husband gained 100 lbs I would not be as attracted to him. I would still love him deeply. But sexually? No, not really. And I'm sure he feels the same. (And that's okay with me). It's not love, it's sex. And that's a totally different part of the brain.

Now, the fact that society sees the fat as "invisible" or "less human"? That's disgusting! We are all deserving of respect and human compassion.

I think our society does that to more than just the fat, however. Older people, short people, women who are not "made up"... etc. And that's a shame.

But we have a right to be attracted to whomever we are attracted to IMO. I just is what it is.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    And sometimes it's not about fat at all.
    I weighed 120- 125 ( five foot five) in high school and college. Looking back, I was beautiful, though at the time I only saw the flaws. The long legs, I loved that, but the flat stomach and beautiful eyes meant nothing because I thought my boobs wern't big enough. I had long hair, was intelligent and creative, led an active lifestyle. I had ONE boy ask me out in high school, the guy I later married . I didn't date at all in college. In my lifetime I have had two men interested in me. Two. It wasn't my looks or my weight. It's because I have been hearing impaired since early childhood. You wouldn't think that would matter (didn't to my husband) but it did.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What an amazing article. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Really need to read this.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    And sometimes it's not about fat at all.
    I weighed 120- 125 ( five foot five) in high school and college. Looking back, I was beautiful, though at the time I only saw the flaws. The long legs, I loved that, but the flat stomach and beautiful eyes meant nothing because I thought my boobs wern't big enough. I had long hair, was intelligent and creative, led an active lifestyle. I had ONE boy ask me out in high school, the guy I later married . I didn't date at all in college. In my lifetime I have had two men interested in me. Two. It wasn't my looks or my weight. It's because I have been hearing impaired since early childhood. You wouldn't think that would matter (didn't to my husband) but it did.

People are judgmental shallow a-hole makes me hate them more.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible for the world to treat me worse than I feel for being fat.
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Poignant and revealing.
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I loved this, thank you for sharing. I think that it may also hint at why this site is so successful. I suspect that most of the people here are still "fat on the inside." We are all working to reap the benefits of no longer being fat, but holding onto the parts of ourselves that we love and are able to respect in each other!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!