Do you get hit on now that you have lost weight?

Options
xginanax
xginanax Posts: 333 Member
Hi guys, just wondering, now that some of you have lost weight, do you see any changes to the way guys talk to you, more approachable? get more numbers etc?

The reason im asking because yesterday a friend of mine and i were talking about how ever since she lost weight, guys are starting to take more notice of her which is pretty sad really how people can be that shallow.

so yeah tell me your story.

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I've been "hit on" more, but I would say that now I feel happier in my skin I probably have a better... glow? I guess haha and I would say people have noticed me more; men more than women, but I wouldn't say it's due to weight loss, just due to a happier more radiant me :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    no. :sad:

but I'm really bad a reading the opposite sex. so maybe I am and just don't realize it:frown:
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say I have been chatted up to the point of a phone number, But I did have a girl behind the till in a clothes store try and flirt with me quite badly, while my GF was stood in the back ground, To be honest I notice people's looks towards me more now. Not saying that im some god, but looking in much better shape than I did 5months ago. I think its a nice confidence boast to have the opposite sex check you out, or someone show interest.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes I get hit on more. I also get treated better by the opposite sex in general.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I drunkenly went off on somebody recently because it was the third time I had met him (first time since I lost weight) and he actually asked if I was an interviewee. Not remembering my name would be reasonable... But the guy had seen right through chubby me like she was cellophane! That makes me wanna listen to that song. Anyways, I get hit on/ checked out a lot more now. I like the attention, but love my boyfriend more :)
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I get hit on more, but I think it's because I'm more confident. It's great though, because when guys eye me up my boyfriend finds it hilarious, and gets so proud that he's the one with me, so it makes us both happy!

Because lets be honest, we all like the little ego boost that we get when someone hits on us!

I will be honest, and totally shallow though. The attractiveness of the men hitting on me has totally gone up. As has the size of their ego. Win some, lose some!
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep been getting hit on more - I got called hot on Saturday night so something deffo happening with my body even though I'm not seeing much difference :D
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Not really, my personality more than makes up for any improvement in looks recently.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. The worst part, is the guys doing the flirting don't notice the giant rock on my finger indicating my unavailability.

I do have more confidence, but its kinda creepy to see guys' eyes slither over my body.... ick... :sick:
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have just been talking about this. Men go out of there way to do things for me now. I get stared at a lot, and doors opened for me and so on. I do get hit on a lot more as well. I have a big butt (and a small waist) and that seems to be a main focal point at the minute. haha
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    it is depressing but both sexes are nicer to you the better you look. I find anyway. That said it might be a reflection of your glowing health and newfound self confidence making you more attractive to p;eople, as well as the aethetics.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering, now that some of you have lost weight, do you see any changes to the way guys talk to you, more approachable? get more numbers etc?

The reason im asking because yesterday a friend of mine and i were talking about how ever since she lost weight, guys are starting to take more notice of her which is pretty sad really how people can be that shallow.

I fail to see how it's sad or shallow, the majority of people will be attracted to a slimmer/fitter person than a bigger one, it's human nature.

What is sad is not to look after yourself and ending up being overweight and unhealthy as a result.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    To be honest no, I have never had a problem with getting chatted up, just had to work out who was interested in me and not just an idoit. I am with someone who has accepted me for who I am and thats what it should be all about.:laugh:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    That's awesome for you ladies. Confidence and the way you feel inside does carry through to the outside, the vibe you give off. Confidence is sexy, if your feeling better about yourself there is a good chance the opposite sex will pick up on it :)

I've not had a huge problem getting dates, but what I'm concerned about is the superficial aspect of it all. Do you know what I mean?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I have to say no guy's have hit on me r asked for my number since I lost weight.... LOL!!!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm not sure. I'm friendly to just about everyone and if they are in return, I think nothing of it. I don't know how to read the signs...I've been out of the game too long. One day, I'll get back in it.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I'm friendly to just about everyone and if they are in return, I think nothing of it. I don't know how to read the signs...I've been out of the game too long. One day, I'll get back in it.

Sure is a game, wht can people just tell each other if they like each other or not rather than send cryptic messages! Though it is fun figuring it out and sometimes failing :)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I haven't figured anything out and failing...well, if I don't put myself out there, I won't have the opportunity to fail. Right now, I have more stressful things to worry about than dating. It'll happen again soon enough I imagine.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have never had that much weight to loose but I DO notice that different types of people hit on me at my different weights..(20 lb fluctuation).I won't get into major specifics but heavier...I get approached by guys that are into bootys!! Thin/skinny...older men...now that I am adding muscle I feel like its all 20 somethings....it is odd! But I definitely see a pattern that goes along with my weight!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    No, but I would happily accept directions to a place where I might find some, um, opportunities :smooched: