Do you get hit on now that you have lost weight?

Options

Replies

• 72MonteCarla
    72MonteCarla Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes. I definitely get flirted with more often. I also, in general, get treated much better by strangers, male or female. Is it shallow? Maybe. Is it a reality? Absolutely. I think it's a combination of people having more desire to interact with an "attractive" person (someone who is at a healthy weight) and the fact that people who are overweight tend to be more insecure and thus more unapproachable. I also think people who are overweight are self-conscious and assume that others are judging them, even if they aren't. Whatever the reason, I know that my social life is more enjoyable now that I've lost enough weight to be considered attractive again. And I'm never going back!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I've been "hit on" more, but I would say that now I feel happier in my skin I probably have a better... glow? I guess haha and I would say people have noticed me more; men more than women, but I wouldn't say it's due to weight loss, just due to a happier more radiant me :)

This exactly.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I definitely get hit on a lot more.. but by a whole new group of people.

It used to be black men hitting on me when I was considered "thick/fat/curvy". Now I get hit on by all types, including women. I rather enjoy it. LOL

Never going back to fat! NEVER!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I get hit on alot more and Im gonna be the sad and honest girl that says she has no idea what to do when it happens! Ive always been shy when it comes to men and guys mostly because Ive never been someone who would be considered attractive. Apparently now I am and I have no idea how to deal with it lol
    Oh well Ill learn xx
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively certain I've been hit on in the men's locker room at the gym.

Feels bad man.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Feels bad man.

That must be the trick ladies... head to the men's locker room!

:bigsmile:
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    No lol and I think I'd fall over in shock if it happened.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound REALLY full of myself, but honestly, from my heaviest to my smallest, I've always gotten hit on. Now, I'm not saying I'm like a supermodel or anything, I think it's just the way I present myself. I dress well, I usually have a smile on my face, and I walk with my head up and give off the vibe of confidence. It's just kinda the way I've been since I was probably about 19 or 20...I think men in general are just attracted to women who possess confidence and pride in oneself, and since that's something I've had pretty much my entire adulthood, there's been no shortage in men hitting on me, even at my heaviest. I won't lie, it's kind of a big ego boost :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    no. :sad:

but I'm really bad a reading the opposite sex. so maybe I am and just don't realize it:frown:

How you doin'?!? :bigsmile:

I have not been flirted with, looked at, or otherwise made to feel like I exist...partly because I'm a ninja.
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Well honestly I get hit on a lot more and I've only lost around 40 pounds. I think a lot of it has to do with your confidence levels as well. There is nothing sexier than a woman who knows what she wants and doesn't doubt herself. :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Feels bad man.

What he said. :frown:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

but I'm really bad a reading the opposite sex. so maybe I am and just don't realize it:frown:

I have not been flirted with, looked at, or otherwise made to feel like I exist...partly because I'm a ninja.

I know thats not true Le-le....cause I have been flirting with you the best I can. Maybe you just don't notice cause I am wearing camoflage????
  • UponThisRock
    Options

Feels bad man.

That must be the trick ladies... head to the men's locker room!

:bigsmile:

If you like 60 year old guys standing around naked talking about the stock market, it's the place to be.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely have noticed a huge difference when I'm out and about w/ friends, etc...and I think it helps that I now exude confidence when I'm out, and I certainly did not before! I think half of the attraction others have to you is due to how you feel about yourself and how you present yourself. I'm finally getting happy w/ ME, so I think others can now see that and find me a bit more attractive than before. Whatever the reason, it's a nice little "pick me up" on my end. :drinker:
  • UponThisRock
    Options

Feels bad man.

Seriously, I shower at home now.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Feels bad man.

I pretty much gave up swimming in the pool.

You do not touch another man's bare stomach! I don't care if you're congratulating me on my weight loss, no touching! And you sure as HELL don't linger!!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yep...not a whole lot more than usual but most of the attention I get is I act out in public... I'm loud, I'm good at making uncomfortable situations comfortable, and when I'm in a good mood, I talk to everyone. Now I get the look up and down more often but still, the girl spilling soda down her cleavage or high fiving her friend when her debit card is approved is usually what has people curious...

THis is shocking to some, I'm sure... I suck you in with wit and then you just can't resist my charm. Ha.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Why yes. Yes I do! And I LOVE it! To have people show interest and be able to say that I am spoken for, is a great feeling. What is even better is having my boyfriend notice and he is more prone to hold my hand in public and give me random little hugs and kisses. Its like he is pissing on my leg to declare his territory!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

I know thats not true Le-le....cause I have been flirting with you the best I can. Maybe you just don't notice cause I am wearing camoflage????

You're the whispering foliage-humanoid??? SWEET! *does '80's fistpump*
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options

Feels bad man.

I pretty much gave up swimming in the pool.

You do not touch another man's bare stomach! I don't care if you're congratulating me on my weight loss, no touching! And you sure as HELL don't linger!!

^This exchange made me LOL...

tumblr_m141ifXgY41rqfhi2o1_250.gif