Do you get hit on now that you have lost weight?

Options

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

^This exchange made me LOL...

tumblr_m141ifXgY41rqfhi2o1_250.gif
    [/quote]

This dude creeps me the eff out... lol.. but I can't look away..
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have heard different stories from women who have lost weight and are noticing how different they are being treated. I don't really see a difference with myself and it comes across as counterintuitive if that is a word I would use. I have been every size from a 4 to 28 for the past 20 years and even today with 119 pounds to lose I still receive compliments from men and women. Even some men flirt every now and then. My own husband gives me that look and can't keep his hands off of me, but that is another story. In my opinion, I think it's how a person feels on the inside. I don't like carrying around all this excess weight and I got tired of pretending like I was comfortable with it. I have a ways to go on this journey and I enjoy this site and reading the success stories. It helps keep me going day to day, even when I don't have such a perfect tracking day. I wish you well.:happy:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup and I'm definately more confident.

People always say confidence is sexy and I agree. But on the other hand, I can be honest when I say that I DO look better now that I've lost weight. I physically look good. Short dresses and skirts look better at my size 12 than when I was a size 18 or a 16. And I'll continue to look even better as I get to my ideal weight.
    I don't think it's shallow at all that guys come up to me more now.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a matter of dudes being shallow in every case. When people lose weight, they become more confident. They smile more, they come across more approachable. And that's what guys are really attracted to - confident, friendly looking women.

Even when I was really big, I still got hit on a lot, got a lot of numbers, etc. Because I never acted like an ashamed fat girl. I was always out being friendly, making eye contact, chatting people up.

That's exactly how I feel. I've always been approached by men, no matter what size I've been, but I think it's because I've always been very sure of myself and confident and I give off that vibe. I think men are attracted to women that are confident and carry themselves as such, so it does make a lot of sense when women are noticed more by men as they lose weight, not so much because of the physical transformation, but because of the emotional one.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Why is it sad? i don't think it's shallow. I find myself more attractive since i've lost weight, and that's why i'm doing it. to feel better about myself. to feel like i look better. if no one else noticed i looked better, i guess i'd be kind of bummed. the best compliment i got was from the hubs just yesterday. he said, "Know what i like best about you losing weight? Your confidence. You know you look good and it shows." that's not cocky, that's confidence. someone else noticing and complimenting, is an added bonus.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    i have more girls check me out, but never approach. first proper sunny day last weekend and me and the girlfriend went for a walk, 3 cars got stopped at the red light and were all women of ages between 20-30, all of them looked at me. i noticed 2 of them but my girlfriend said just as we were walking by did you see that woemn in the red car and the women in the white car checking you out. she didnt notice the one in the blue car :-)
    luckily for me she isnt a jealous type unless they are actually speaking to me.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    <<<< I mostly get hit on for abs that don't belong to me :sad:
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I find that men have never stopped hitting on me... :blushing:
    You're all Mr. Pervy Pervertsons......lol :laugh:

So how you doin??? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

sorry I had to
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Hit on....no. But some lady was checking out my *kitten* while I was in line getting an ice cream. I could see from the reflection of the inside of the doors.
    I was like "yea baby here it is.....lol" Got home and told the wife about it.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on by guys a lot more when I was younger and had a 'man's' haircut, and no ear rings. :laugh:

I grew up with the idea that men had to always make the first move. You know... traditional BS. I've had a few women hit on me over the years, and I have to admit - I was not clued in. I had no idea they were hitting on me when I was younger.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm oblivious to getting hit on. I always have been. I just assume people want to be my friend, because I'm ****ing cool.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't think I've ever been hit on... :grumble:

(the smelly truckers I encounter at work don't count.)

Or maybe I just don't know what getting hit on is anymore? :laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No, not really.
    Well, there was the jailbait barista boy with Justin Bieber hair that one time (when I was looking like a total Frumpzilla, nonetheless) but generally, no.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm oblivious to getting hit on. I always have been. I just assume people want to be my friend, because I'm ****ing cool.

That's how my bf is. I have to tell him when women are hitting on him and he's like "I thought she was just being nice?" It's actually pretty funny, I tease him a lot about it!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Or maybe I just don't know what getting hit on is anymore? :laugh:

I'll gladly show you. :tongue:
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes. Not only that, but I have been treated better in general since I've lost weight. By women, men, coworkers, and even salespeople. It might be shallow, but its unfortunately a fact of life.

I do try to remember how I felt when I was very overweight and I try to NOT treat anyone differently because of their appearance in any form or fashion.

It does stand to reason that more people are attracted to a fit healthy person who is confident about themselves, though. We wouldn't be human otherwise.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think so... I've been noticing that I'm "getting noticed" a lot lately... but I also think it has to do with the aura that you put out there. If I'm feeling down, sad, or lonely... NOTHING... but when I'm feeling confident and happy... it happens often... random smiles... or a stray hello here and there... I wouldn't say it necessarily has to do with weight loss because I haven't lost a pound in MONTHS! :happy:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    no. :sad:

but I'm really bad a reading the opposite sex. so maybe I am and just don't realize it:frown:

How you doin'?!? :bigsmile:

I have not been flirted with, looked at, or otherwise made to feel like I exist...partly because I'm a ninja.

I know thats not true Le-le....cause I have been flirting with you the best I can. Maybe you just don't notice cause I am wearing camoflage????

You're the whispering foliage-humanoid??? SWEET! *does '80's fistpump*

Yeah, thats me. (starts thinking seriously about some groundskeeping). Do you know of a good lawn service?

I own a lawnmower and some hedgeclippers...I'll be right over ;)

Whoever invented the ghillie suit....thank you!....
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's shallow if you get hit on more when you lose weight. People can't help what they are or are not physically attracted to. And a lot of it has more to do with confidence than it does with weight anyway. As people get smaller, they become more confident. Men find confidence sexy.

That being said- I notice I get flirted with slightly more. But even when I was bigger- a size 18/20, I had tons of guys flirting with me/hitting on me. The type of men hitting on me is what has changed moreso than the frequency. There are guys flirting with me that I actually want to flirt with right back.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    No. Because I spend too much time looking at myself in the mirror. :smokin: